• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5 ) at Orlando ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 208
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( -5 ) at Phoenix ( 5 ) —- T: 213
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10.5 ) at Golden State ( -10.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• malickiville

I’m newer to the RG site, and rarely post but you dudes give some good insight. Honestly if it wasn’t for DFS I wouldn’t watch NBA until maybe the playoffs—so I appreciate the input from those that follow it more closely.

Back on point—-GPP’s can run hot and cold, but sure seems like every lineup ends up with 1 or 2 duds to just ruin it. Is going safer and balanced a better long haul approach to hitting the cash lines? I have tried cash games before, but seems the pro’s own those too. I have won a couple of smaller GPP’s or been top 5, but never cashed more than $300-$400 and that’s only a couple times. Usually I am happy to break even or not lose it all. I don’t have time to “grind” it out all day long, so any good strategy advice would help. I’m not a rookie, but by no means an expert.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@mbunner23 said...

Teague isn’t chalk. Kyrie and Curry are chalk. Play both and differ elsewhere.

Teague will be alot higher owned tonight than alot of ppl expect. imo … but i’m 100% still.. so as i hinted earlier i’m set on pg. Teague/irving throughout.

• jtkucheck

@KATburger said...

Careful on wiggins guys. Seriously does he not do enough in the stat sheet. And i think you have the wrong take. Klay will guard wiggins and probably would have with durant. Klay played him alot last couple years. Solid two way player.

But if you’re Minnesota and figuring out how to score, would you rather have Wiggins driving to the hole against a team who’s only rim protector is occupied with your behemoth center that can also shoot threes, or kick it to Jimmy Buckets who will fire up a bunch of mid-range jumpers?

I think Wiggins is the plan tonight- 30 real life points, hopefully some steals/rebounds/assists to get him up to 6x+.

• jglumsic

Glad i wasnt heavy on KD tonight anyways. Only have to redo a few lineups with that news.

• Njsum1

@bigkino217 said...

casspi is not playing close to 30 min even if he starts.

I would think high 20s if he starts, unless he gets into foul trouble or Kerr is worried about his ankle.

Look at most of the games Durant missed last year, his replacement played between 25 and 35 minutes. So whoever gets the start should see that time. As I said previously it’s low usage time, yet mid 20s to mid 30s is the range for the starter tonight barring foul trouble or terrible play.

Edit: that was in the last few games Durant missed. The earlier ones Mccaw was only given minutes in the teens or 20s. So maybe the starter doesn’t see good minutes

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@jtkucheck said...

But if you’re Minnesota and figuring out how to score, would you rather have Wiggins driving to the hole against a team who’s only rim protector is occupied with your behemoth center that can also shoot threes, or kick it to Jimmy Buckets who will fire up a bunch of mid-range jumpers?

I think Wiggins is the plan tonight- 30 real life points, hopefully some steals/rebounds/assists to get him up to 6x+.

Needs that 30 real life. But i think towns decides to take over tonight. Leaving wiggins where he’s been on the wing or top of the three point line where he’s hit consistently. Can see a Wiggins 20-3-2 night with 1 steal maybe 2 TO for statline.

• hangtime28

From fantasy alarm

ALEX LEN – C

Phoenix Suns  

Len is expected to start at center for Wednesday’s game against the Heat, John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM reports.

With Tyson Chandler (back) questionable at best, Len is a strong candidate to enter the starting five. He’s averaged 8.9 points and 8.7 boards across 22.1 minutes per game this season, but will certainly be facing a tough matchup in Hassan Whiteside.

Added 2:12 pm 

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@jtkucheck said...

And butlers FT shooting dictates he’ll be driving to the rim. Wiggins continues to struggle there. Which is why I say he’s really not playable right now. Missing KD shot blocking abilities favors more drives for jimmy.. just my opinion though.. as you can tell my stance on jimmy is changing throughout this…lol … you have the right gamescript in mind… for me though i’m swapping those players.. jimmy goes inside and wiggins stays outside/midrange.

• mbunner23

I like KAT the most on Minnesota tonight.

• jglumsic

What is Porzingod questionable with now? Or is this just a bs reason to get him rest

• jglumsic

@KATburger said...

And butlers FT shooting dictates he’ll be driving to the rim. Wiggins continues to struggle there. Which is why I say he’s really not playable right now. Missing KD shot blocking abilities favors more drives for jimmy.. just my opinion though.. as you can tell my stance on jimmy is changing throughout this…lol

Ever since the infamous Jimmy Buckets GTD night i havent played him. And im sticking to it haha. I think he has just lost so much DFS value compared to last year where he was basically the number one scoring option besides wade.

• hangtime28

@jglumsic said...

What is Porzingod questionable with now? Or is this just a bs reason to get him rest

Sprained left ankle, right elbow contusion

• bigkino217

@Njsum1 said...

I would think high 20s if he starts, unless he gets into foul trouble or Kerr is worried about his ankle.

Look at most of the games Durant missed last year, his replacement played between 25 and 35 minutes. So whoever gets the start should see that time. As I said previously it’s low usage time, yet mid 20s to mid 30s is the range for the starter tonight barring foul trouble or terrible play.

not a chance he plays high 20s. kerr likes to play everyone, and the warriors have a ton of wings this year.

• jglumsic

@hangtime28 said...

Sprained left ankle, right elbow contusion

Dang he looked fine on that last drive to the basket last night. Did he sprain his ankle leaving the gym last night wtf.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@KATburger said...

Teague will be alot higher owned tonight than alot of ppl expect. imo … but i’m 100% still.. so as i hinted earlier i’m set on pg. Teague/irving throughout.

On DK you can play Teague, Curry and Kyrie at the Guard positions. All three will have elevated ownerships. If Elf plays it will really pull down the ownership of Collison and Jackson. All three could be sub 10%. I think Dragon will be above them around 15-20%.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@jglumsic said...

Ever since the infamous Jimmy Buckets GTD night i havent played him. And im sticking to it haha. I think he has just lost so much DFS value compared to last year where he was basically the number one scoring option besides wade.

Oh believe me i screamed fade jimmy on the thread all day.. but now he can drive to the hoop a little easier.. so i have to change a few things… @jtkucheck has the gamescript that i’m on right now… but were just seeing wiggins/butler in different spots on the court… Tonight will be one heck of a night lol.. i thought these two previous days were something??? Tonights about to be something unlike we’ve ever seen haha :) I just feel like the better free throw shooter will be cutting to the basket now and the better perimeter shooter will be up top or on the wing. Leaving jimmy there for put backs, and and ones.. which is DFS dream.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Old times.
    Dray, Klay, Steph for 150 and get 150+ for some other 5 guys

• Njsum1

@bigkino217 said...

not a chance he plays high 20s. kerr likes to play everyone, and the warriors have a ton of wing this year

Yeah read my edit…in the last few games Durant missed the starter got good minutes, yet the first batch, the starter saw mid teens to mid 20s

• hangtime28

@jglumsic said...

Dang he looked fine on that last drive to the basket last night. Did he sprain his ankle leaving the gym last night wtf.

Kristaps Porzingis questionable Wednesday.

Porzingis is considered questionable for Wednesday’s contest vs. the Magic after suffering a sprained left ankle and a right elbow contusion. The Knicks are playing the second leg of a back-to-back and Porzingis logged 28.5 minutes in a physical matchup against Dwight Howard

I didn’t watch the game last night, so idk if the injury happend then. It also may explain why he only played 28 minutes (back to back is the other explanation) last night.

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

Old times.
    Dray, Klay, Steph for 150 and get 150+ for some other 5 guys

I’ve certainly heard worse plans

• bigkino217

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah read my edit…in the last few games Durant missed the starter got good minutes, yet the first batch, the starter saw mid teens to mid 20s

basically KD out opens up 35 mins, and that’s likely to be split up between iguodala, mccaw, young, casspi, and even looney (and possibly some trickling extra minutes to curry/klay/dray). don’t see casspi picking up more than maybe 10 of those minutes.

• jwq14

@jglumsic said...

Its always worse the next day

• gaelicgirl

@KATburger said...

EDIT ** Durants out.. so this is my take next GS/MIN game I guess…. I’m sorry but… now I have to say steph maybe a fade…. seeing how he surplanted kyrie as chalk.

Thanks for your take on the pace, that’s reassuring. Yeah, KD unexpectedly being out changes everything. He’s been huge on D (goodbye, block points) so that makes me like KAT even more. Steph was already a lock for me, like him even more now too with KD out, so I’ll just have to eat that chalk. Such a weird slate today with all the injuries, makes it more uncertain therefore more interesting…good luck tonight!

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Thanks for your take on the pace, that’s reassuring. Yeah, KD unexpectedly being out changes everything. He’s been huge on D (goodbye, block points) so that makes me like KAT even more. Steph was already a lock for me, like him even more now too with KD out, so I’ll just have to eat that chalk. Such a weird slate today with all the injuries, makes it more uncertain therefore more interesting…good luck tonight!

You as well. Its going to be a crazy ride… and if porzingod doesn’t go …. looks like a repeat of last year with that o’quinn’ or willie in the leaderboard…Tough decisions to make if not rolling alot of LUs out.

• jglumsic

@jwq14 said...

Its always worse the next day

Yea I know it. I just dont remember him hurting it during the game. But it does happen. This definitely makes things easier tho not playing KD or Porzingis cause now Steph is the only player over 9k. It allows to fit in alot more.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).