• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5 ) at Orlando ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 208
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( -5 ) at Phoenix ( 5 ) —- T: 213
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10.5 ) at Golden State ( -10.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gillio

If Kristaps is out, the one who will get a huge usage boost nobody is talking about is THJ

• mdritter3d

@raymond333 said...

Ok, I got the Curry/Irving/KAT thing to work. I like my line now. One last question….I saw Fournier mentioned quite a bit today. For now, I have TJ Warren in, as he’s been doing pretty good most games, and averaging more pts than Fournier….so is there a particular reason for Fournier? Because it’s going to have to be a pretty good reason, as Warren has been pretty good.

But, I want to play the right guy, so out of those two, who you all got?

If Payton is out again I’d lean Fournier

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@gillio said...

If Kristaps is out, the one who will get a huge usage boost nobody is talking about is THJ

If Kristaps is in, THJ could win you a GPP. If Kristaps is out, THJ gets a big ownership bump.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

I really want to say porzingis plays though. Thats the same ankle he was questionable on past couple games right? Only played 28 minutes last night. He’s a big boy this year I think and demands to play with melo off the team…. and Phil Jackson not running the show? .. I think i’m going to … create an extra three LU for the no porzingis … just put them in 0$ entries as kinda dummy lineups. And the LU’s i have now project them like he’s in…that way I dont have to scramble so much final 10 minutes.

• stevegainz

Any love for zaza with the usage boost from the lack of KD and the weak Min interior?

• keephustlincuz

@apeterson8809 said...

If Kristaps is in, THJ could win you a GPP. If Kristaps is out, THJ gets a big ownership bump.

If he is out I will have to have a kanter, KOQ and THJ stack just in case. If his ownership gets a big bump… who are people gonna drop?

• raymond333

@mdritter3d said...

Cool, thank you sir.

• jglumsic

Who is the better play at SG Smart or Waiters. I know the ceiling is alot higher on Waiters but just dont know if i can trust him more then smart. Thoughts

• Jaseboyhyde

I’ve really enjoyed KATburger posting these long analyses lately.
    Hasn’t helped me win jack crap (because I suck) , but I feel so much smarter!

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@mdritter3d said...

I’d take fournier if elf plays/sits. Elfs second unit mostly. And first game back he won’t start i’m thinking. If script follows last years ORL flow fournier can produce with elf seeing minutes. Not completely impossible.

• mbunner23

If Porz is out, give me all the Kanter.

• bfwl3434

@jglumsic said...

Who is the better play at SG Smart or Waiters. I know the ceiling is alot higher on Waiters but just dont know if i can trust him more then smart. Thoughts

If gpp i’d play waiters. He has 50pt upside. Smarts ceiling is low 40’s imo.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@stevegainz said...

Any love for zaza with the usage boost from the lack of KD and the weak Min interior?

KAT, Towns, Gorgi weak interior… I dont see alot of teams with the shot blocking capability of those three.

• bigkino217

something tells me michael beasley would benefit more from porzingis out than KOQ would.

• sanders_tj

Fournier at $6100 on FD feels like it should be illegal.

All aboard!

• Agent47

Sorry if someone already mentioned it, but it looks like Chandler is doubtful with back spasms. I initially had Len in my player pool but then took him out because of the timeshare with Chandler. Gonna have to give Len another look now.

• bigkino217

@KATburger said...

KAT, Towns, Gorgi weak interior… I dont see alot of teams with the shot blocking capability of those three.

minnesota has the 4th worst defense in the NBA, and allows the 2nd most points in the paint. also KAT and Towns are the same.

• feekdogg

@gillio said...

I’ve heard “experts” talk about staying away from jump shooters on B2Bs.
    Not sure if there’s anything to that.

• superstars92

@bigkino217 said...

something tells me michael beasley would benefit more from porzingis out than KOQ would.

It depends on who they start and how the rotations work out. You can make the argument Lance Thomas might even draw the start (for defense against Gordon). In that case, KOQ might see less mins than projected. No matter what though Hardaway would get a huge boost. Lee might even get a slight boost as he’ll get more shots (although he is Courtney “I choked in the Finals and I can’t get more than 20 FPs” Lee). Kanter would get a massive usage boost too plus more rebounds.

KOQ depends on how the rotations would work out. Perhaps Hornacek does Thomas/Beasley at the 4 instead of KQ which means a different set of minutes for KOQ.

Anyways, I believe KP should play, so not super worried there about making a ton of changes. At least I hope he plays or that rotation will be hard to predict.

For the above poster, jump shooting or not, Hardaway will get more shots and even if he shoots at a lower %, he will get more shots which means he has a chance for more points. I agree if they are talking about efficiency. Also Hardaway is a good finisher at the rim when he does drive.

• raymond333

@KATburger said...

I’d take fournier if elf plays/sits. Elfs second unit mostly. And first game back he won’t start i’m thinking. If script follows last years ORL flow fournier can produce with elf seeing minutes. Not completely impossible.

Ok, thank you…but you’d take Fournier over TJ either way (whether peyton sits or not)? Like someone pointed out, Fournier is alot more consistent, but (to me) Warren has the higher ceiling…but I’ll admit, I’m not greatest with matchups, which is why I’m asking out of the two.

• bigkino217

@superstars92 said...

It depends on who they start and how the rotations work out. You can make the argument Lance Thomas might even draw the start (for defense against Gordon). In that case, KQ might see less mins than projected. No matter what though Hardaway would get a huge boost. Lee might even get a slight boost as he’ll get more shots (although he is Courtney “I choked in the Finals and I can’t get more than 20 FPs” Lee). Kanter would get a massive usage boost too plus more rebounds.

KQ depends on how the rotations would work out. Perhaps Hornacek does Thomas/Beasley at the 4 instead of KQ which means a different set of minutes for KQ.

Anyways, I believe KP should play, so not super worried there about making a ton of changes.

yea i think KP will play. i just don’t think hornacek likes playing KOQ and kanter together, so if KP does sit, i don’t see KOQ getting much more mins (if any). last year seems like lance thomas generally started when KP was out.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@Jaseboyhyde said...

I’ve really enjoyed KATburger posting these long analyses lately.
    Hasn’t helped me win jack crap (because I suck) , but I feel so much smarter!

Lol i dont know if thats a diss.. or compliment. But i try to give my take on things. I’ve offered up good plays and bad plays within the week…. BOS/ATL .. PHI yesterday… couple fades here and there. But we all miss on some key plays ya know. Even guys i’m fading if someone says A/B i’ll try to see how that player can produce what that DFSer is looking for. And im just one bored man at home on the disabled list lol. I love the RG community though. Last year it felt like alot of people putting people down and really immature name calling across the thread so I really posted very little. Just coming out of my shell I guess and willing to put a little more info out with people being pretty respectful and friendly. Lol and im one hell of a fast typer.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@raymond333 said...

Ok, thank you…but you’d take Fournier over TJ either way (whether peyton sits or not)? Like someone pointed out, Fournier is alot more consistent, but (to me) Warren has the higher ceiling…but I’ll admit, I’m not greatest with matchups, which is why I’m asking out of the two.

I have to be honest… last night during constructing LU’s .. first guy i clicked was TJ … and right now I have zero of him… more times than not it turns to be that i should have gone with the first thought. TJs floor just scares me. He definitely has the upside. I haven’t made the changes yet so it’s possible I dont go 100% butler/fournier and I get a little action on all three… try a butler/tj fournier/butler or fournier/tj.. i could see myself falling there. I do feel confident fournier hits 35 fps on FD… at 6100 thats not bad at all.

• Jaseboyhyde

KATburger,
    meant it as a compliment! I love this site because of posters like you and many others who offer valuable insight to casual NBA watchers like myself.

• raymond333

@KATburger said...

Lol i dont know if thats a diss.. or compliment. But i try to give my take on things. I’ve offered up good plays and bad plays within the week…. BOS/ATL .. PHI yesterday… couple fades here and there. But we all miss on some key plays ya know. Even guys i’m fading if someone says A/B i’ll try to see how that player can produce what that DFSer is looking for. And im just one bored man at home on the disabled list lol. I love the RG community though. Last year it felt like alot of people putting people down and really immature name calling across the thread so I really posted very little. Just coming out of my shell I guess and willing to put a little more info out with people being pretty respectful and friendly. Lol and im one hell of a fast typer.

Nah bro, keep it up. I love reading and bouncing ideas off each other. I co-owned a fantasy football board last year, and was very active at giving out some solid FB advice. On an app called sleeerbot (best out for updates, and you can poll players just to get opinions), they used to give cookies out for good advice. I had over 100 of them, but they arent doing that this year.

But the difference is, they have a polling section, and I’ll vote, then (if time permits), explain the why I chose that player. Well now I have alot of friend request and pm’s lol…but my point is, bouncing ideas off each other, and getting some data off each other is what it’s all about…just helping each other out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).