• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New York ( 5 ) at Orlando ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9 ) at Boston ( -9 ) —- T: 208
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( -5 ) at Phoenix ( 5 ) —- T: 213
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10.5 ) at Golden State ( -10.5 ) —- T: 229

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• noddy

I have never hit 300 on DK. I’m awful

• biardo6

Anybody on Bojan? I’m not hearing much talk about him, but aside from last game he’s been crazy consistent.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Sabonis out again.

• Genghis_Khan

@superstars92 said...

It’s interesting that no one else has really discussed Whiteside when I’m almost certain he’ll be massive chalk. I can see a triple double game from him tonight or a quick ejection and a brawl with Alex Len. Might go AJ Green on him this time. But I think the triple double is actually more likely….or a massive stat line like 15/20/5 blocks.

I really can’t decide if he’s a trap or not. That discounted price will make tons of people overlook what is actually a pretty awful matchup. Though the way he fills up the stat sheet isn’t the most matchup-sensitive. So I’m pretty torn. As you said I could see this playing out multiple ways.

P.S. Congratz on the sick bink last night, Stars!

• Ronboogie6

Seems like everyone is liking Whiteside, Drummond, Turner, Horford and Vuc. No one is on KAT? I’m thinking in a close game he gets a 60 burger.

• superstars92

@KATburger said...

yea but KCP is Probable.. just depends on if it’ll really impact the performance. The hip though.. makes me like 100% kyrie little more .. i have clark at 66% for sure no matter KCP news.

I believe Clarkson will always come off the bench even if KCP is out. Walton likes to give higher usage to Clarkson and Randle off the bench. If Clarkson started, him and Lonzo would not mesh well. I like Clarkson as a Lou Williams type of player, so not sure how much he actually benefits from starting. Perhaps they have no choice but to start him if KCP is out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Walton started like Josh Hart instead and let Clarkson get that usage in the second unit.

• underdawgs

Definitely something psychological about the GTD tag and how low owned they go. Look at last night – K Love and J Wall both exploded and were low owned because of it. Even D12 had a nice game and nobody rostered him.
    Something to consider for KCP tonight although he’s not really the dynamo the guys I just listed are. But low owned for GPP’s is a good bet fo him tonight.

• biardo6

@noddy said...

I have never hit 300 on DK. I’m awful

That doesn’t make you awful! Are you playing balanced lineups, studs and scrubs? What’s your style?

• superstars92

@Genghis_Khan said...

I really can’t decide if he’s a trap or not. That discounted price will make tons of people overlook what is actually a pretty awful matchup. Though the way he fills up the stat sheet isn’t the most matchup-sensitive. So I’m pretty torn. As you said I could see this playing out multiple ways.

Yea thanks. Barring some last minute injury news, I will probably have Whiteside on my cash team for sure. I know he sucked last game but I’ll give him a break since it was a b2b and he was injured for a bit there. He also got kind of mad at the benching, so perhaps it will motivate him. I do like the matchup because it’s a high pace game and more important the Suns shoot and miss a ton which means he should get his rebounds. I am though slightly concerned about conditioning and his anger issues, but I think I will most likely go with him on cash now. Will let you know if I change my mind.

I wouldn’t go 100% Whiteside on GPPs though because there are plenty of other good Cs. C is actually quite a loaded position tonight. Even Myles Turner is playing and no one is talking about him.

• superstars92

@Ronboogie6 said...

Seems like everyone is liking Whiteside, Drummond, Turner, Horford and Vuc. No one is on KAT? I’m thinking in a close game he gets a 60 burger.

Yea C is loaded so it’s really hard to choose which one. As long as one of them doesn’t “differ” themselves from the others, it actually shouldn’t matter who you choose. So if all of them get like 5-6x, then C is a wash and you just hope you have better other players in other positions. C is definitely the hardest choice for sure. I think some might even have C/Util as C/C on DK.

KAT has some foul concern (see his NOP game), so that’s why I am not going with him in cash. Also, MIN players are too hard to predict. One of them should do well but which one? Although to be fair to him last year, he was quite consistent against GS, so it’s not like he should all of a sudden drop off. Should be a fun game, but probably past my bedtime for the ending.

• vandymark

Sabonis is out tonight everyone.. just in case there wasn’t enough posts about it already

• Genghis_Khan

@Ronboogie6 said...

I like the idea of (relatively) over-paying for KAT in GPPs.

• heyjude1979

I think KCP will be on Kyrie

• vandymark

Is 3 Heat players to much in one lineup tonight?

• heyjude1979

His price is nice on DK. 5 great centers to play. Trying to put them all in 2 lineups. Turner, KAT, Hassan, Drummond, and VUC

• deepfat

I’ve been playing DFS for about a month now and wonder what the pros do that the casual isn’t. Is there any literature that you’d recommend explaining this? A very general question I know but it seems I’m barely on the outside looking in when it comes to cashing out in NBA.

• dmbtrip2004

@deepfat said...

I’ve been playing DFS for about a month now and wonder what the pros do that the casual isn’t. Is there any literature that you’d recommend explaining this? A very general question I know but it seems I’m barely on the outside looking in when it comes to cashing out in NBA.

they are playing 150 lineups to our 4

• superstars92

@deepfat said...

Is this a cash lineup? You should really only rate yourself how you do on cash lineups. GPP has a ton of variance so the ROI is not a great indicator. Furthermore, like 20 FP can be the difference between 1st and min cashing, and that 20 FP can be explained by a ton of variance. Unless you absolutely dominate a GPP, often times 1st and like 20th in a GPP is like 3-5 FPs, which can be explained by a deflection here and there.

So you should really rate yourself on a cash lineup (your single entry – if you want to think of it that way). Or if you do multi-entry GPPs, another way is rather than take ROI do like as a X = % lineups cashed/lineups made. If X is greater than 20% consistently (the amount of GPP cashes), you are probably a good GPP player, even if you never won a GPP. I would say you would be a better GPP player (if I was a future predictor) than someone where X = 1% but happened to win a GPP once. Yes, the latter guy has a higher ROI from the one win, but the former guy clearly understands the process better and is who I would say has a better future. So those are the only two ways IMO to evaluate yourself.

Also, it’s hard to say how many pros are profitable. The fact that most submit 150 lineups could work against them. For example, let’s say only like 10 min cash, 1 cashes kinda big, and 139 don’t cash. I think they would still be down in this case for that night. This often happens so over the long run, they will still be down. They would be better off playing 1 lineup in that case and hope it cashes kinda big like once every 5 nights. That ROI would be higher in that case, even if “fewer” lineups are cashing. Haven’t done any analysis, but it’s hard to say how many pros are actually profitable in GPPs over the long run.

In cash though, it’s super easy to tell (because the payout is binary you either cash or don’t in a 1:1 ratio, minus rake) so you can evaluate yourself better.

• dominicanpapi

Horford is out with a concussion. That…changes a lot.

• biardo6

Horford out!

• MrPerfekt7

Fuck Horford rule out ain’t that some shit

• superstars92

@dominicanpapi said...

Horford is out with a concussion. That…changes a lot.

Wow that changes everything. Kyrie is gonna now be one of the highest owned players. Baynes will get some ownership even. Marcus Morris might even get some ownership even on a mins restriction. Brown/Tatum/Smart will see like 5-10 more mins.

Maybe I should wait until 5:30 before making lineups. Pretty sure next news is like Drummond will be out or something and I have to redo everything again.

• deepfat

Thanks for this. I have played primarily in GPPs and maybe that’s my problem. I’m putting most of my money tonight in cash games.

• superstars92

Question is do you think Boston will go small without Horford or not (will Baynes get mins or not). Because that changes like every single player on both teams and their mins. For example, if Boston decides to go super small without Horford, Brook Lopez would turn into a massive variance play (either he dominates the boards or he doesn’t play at all for matchup purposes). Don’t know the answer yet but good to think about. Also if they go small, they could run the Kyrie/Smart/Tatum/Brown/Morris lineup and it would be one of the smaller lineups in the NBA today.

• raymond333

@superstars92 said...

I would have Whiteside as one of the highest owned players. Everyone loves targeting the Suns, and since Whiteside is like a black hole for rebounds and the Suns miss a lot, you could see a huge game from him. Waiters hurts his offense a bit, but Whiteside is usually a rebounds/blocks/steals type of guy and 13-15 points is enough for him to get 5x+.

Just hope he doesn’t get ejected because him and Len absolutely hate each other.

Also, Sabonis will probably be 5%, unless Turner is somehow out.

Yeah the matchup between him and Len should be interesting. I was just reading something that said to go Len, as Whiteside was apparently so upset with his performance last game, that his teammates had to calm him down.

…..so, that could mean good for Len, or Whiteside can be pissed and have a huge nite.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).