7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( -2 ) at Atlanta ( 2 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -2.5 ) at New Orleans ( 2.5 ) —- T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : New York ( 11 ) at Dallas ( -11 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2 ) at Utah ( 2 ) —- T: 217.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 233
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 8.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• noddy

I noticed the min cash in the $1, 50 cent, and 25 cent contests is 2X. Is that normal?

• rpolzin25

For once I didn’t finish practically last in the rotogrinders contest…i suppose even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile lol

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

Congrats to jahust11 for taking 1st in the Forum contest last night

Here is the link to tonight’s contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/80330323

• SteeloCity

In all honesty is it typically this hard in NBA? Like NFL I’m pretty decent at at least 2x cash each week. NBA is so difficult I don’t understand.

• Jeddy3

Might be crazy, but Kyle Kuzma is ticking up in minutes and is only 4600. Miami seems like it could be a good match up for him to get going.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@noddy said...

I noticed the min cash in the $1, 50 cent, and 25 cent contests is 2X. Is that normal?

It has been lately, needs to stay that way

• Njsum1

@SteeloCity said...

In all honesty is it typically this hard in NBA? Like NFL I’m pretty decent at at least 2x cash each week. NBA is so difficult I don’t understand.

First off, and I apologize if I’m wrong, yet it’s very rare for even the very best NFL players to double their money every week in NFL. They might do better than that from the perspective of the entire season as a high GPP finish or 2 can certainly lead to a 2x ROI or much greater. Yet sorry, if I don’t believe that you double up every week in a sport with as much variance as NFL. I’m not saying you aren’t making money, as I believe you are, yet doubling up every week sounds a bit far fetched. Again, if I’m off with my thinking, apologies.

And from your posts, I gather that you’ve been playing NBA now for what 2, maybe 3 weeks. You can’t come into my house and beat me 😁😎 with 2 weeks experience.
    And I even told you not to play Kemba or Rozier yesterday (yeah I’m gonna pat myself on the back for those calls 😁).

People like myself who have been doing this for almost half a decade, still struggle with nba, as while it is the most predictable sport, it also means that the optimizers and projections are the most accurate. My advice is to learn in the quarter games, try different things and see what works, and play for fun.

It will take some time, yet eventually you can get to break even like the rest of us 😁🔥🍀

• monarch

@Jeddy3 said...

Might be crazy, but Kyle Kuzma is ticking up in minutes and is only 4600. Miami seems like it could be a good match up for him to get going.

Nice call

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@rpolzin25 said...

For once I didn’t finish practically last in the rotogrinders contest…i suppose even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile lol

Me either! Lol

• Calicapo

Tried tightening up my pool yesterday and it worked.

Got 7th in a Dime 4k people gpp.

God willing, maybe I can start seeing some consistent results now.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

Sounds like you havent figured out your process yet, I recommend after each slate going back through your lineups and figuring out what you got right, what you got wrong and what led you to those conclusions. If one of your players busted go back and figure out why(Bad matchup, Foul trouble, role player, poor shooting).

• JDeight

I am new to the forum but have been playing dfs successfully for 3 years. Cash games only for the most part. Heat and suns stack worked out well for me last night. Tonight I love Drummond and don’t think you can fade him against the weak pacers inside. Van elite and Siakam are also going to eat again against the pels. Unicorn against the Knicks should also be a good play. For value I like hood, Simons, and Hardaway Jr revenge!
    Any thoughts?

• Zkragt

This is the best advice you can get! Also, look at who’s winning your contest and look at who they chose and think about why it led them to picking those players. Sometimes it’s just luck, but more times than not someone just had a different perspective .

• jahust11

Thanks. I usually just lurk. Maybe I will start to jump in with my thoughts more. I should preface by saying I typically only play single entry and 3 entry max GPP’s and play the same lineup in whatever contest I enter.

• chrisbanas

C is a rough call. KAT in a smash spot… but Embiid is playing with no simmons

• monarch

So many plays today. I think the key is to be disciplined and not end up with a crap play. Going to need all fires tonight just to cash!

• Zkragt

@chrisbanas said...

C is a rough call. KAT in a smash spot… but Embiid is playing with no simmons

I like KAT a lot too, but they might blow out GSW. I’m just worried about his court time if they do.

• JSteele

Porzingis against the Knicks…hmmm

• SteeloCity

@Njsum1 said...

First off, and I apologize if I’m wrong, yet it’s very rare for even the very best NFL players to double their money every week in NFL. They might do better than that from the perspective of the entire season as a high GPP finish or 2 can certainly lead to a 2x ROI or much greater. Yet sorry, if I don’t believe that you double up every week in a sport with as much variance as NFL. I’m not saying you aren’t making money, as I believe you are, yet doubling up every week sounds a bit far fetched. Again, if I’m off with my thinking, apologies.

And from your posts, I gather that you’ve been playing NBA now for what 2, maybe 3 weeks. You can’t come into my house and beat me 😁😎 with 2 weeks experience.
    And I even told you not to play Kemba or Rozier yesterday (yeah I’m gonna pat myself on the back for those calls 😁).

People like myself who have been doing this for almost half a decade, still struggle with nba, as while it is the most predictable sport, it also means that the optimizers and projections are the most accurate. My advice is to learn in the quarter games, try different things and see what works, and play for fun.

It will take some time, yet eventually you can get to break even like the rest of us 😁🔥🍀

Thanks for the incredibly detailed reply, I really do appreciate it.

For NFL, I have had some success, could be straight luck. I usually just play the 1PM and 4PM slates separately and I am 90% cash games and then 10% GPP. With cash I’m pretty solid, GPP is luck. I’ve tried to do this same process for NBA but to no avail, the chalk hits more with NBA which causes the cash line to be insane so I have not had much luck there. But I can honestly say I’ve been profitable with NFL (not by much, but I’ll take it for being a college kid, lol).

At least it’s good to know that there’s people that are doing this way longer than me and still are having trouble. Like this stuff is hard and I guess if it were easy then everyone would do it. I did play Kemba and Rubio yesterday then Rubio with Nunn. Tough. Had some good plays with Aldridge, some Tatum, Heyward, etc. Thanks again though for talking with me. I am gonna keep playing the EPE entries to avoid sharks as long as I can. Gonna stick with single and three max as well.

• noddy

Might be fun having both Kyrie and Dame tonight.

• Njsum1

@noddy said...

Might be fun having both Kyrie and Dame tonight.

Lot to like from that game. Doesn’t hurt that it’s the 🔨 as well

• Ndepompei

@Njsum1 said...

Lot to like from that game. Doesn’t hurt that it’s the 🔨 as well

I think Prince is my favorite guy from that game…if Deandre misses then Allen would be a great play too

• Sleazygreazy

@SteeloCity said...

You’re gonna take your lumps since you just started. I lost consistently for almost 6 months when I first started. Then hopefully something will click for you.

As far as NBA v. NFL, I’ll use a term that I hate, but “casuals” don’t play NBA at nearly the same clip as they do NFL. That could explain why you’re having more success in the NFL.

• JSteele

Jokic would appear to own some real estate in Embiid’s head based on last year game logs.

Jimmy Butler gets up for games against LeBron and he’s got a good spot with Winslow out again.

Julius Randle is in a perfect buy low opportunity again. He’s close to putting it all together, last game the peripherals weren’t there but the points were. Before that it was the opposite. The big story from this game will be KP against New York, but buried behind that is Randle is a Dallas native, he’s got the matchup, he’ll have friends and family in attendance, and he has a really good history against Dallas.

• Sleazygreazy

So far for chalk value on FD I’m seeing Neto 3700 and Culver 3800; Wood seems a little cheap at 4300.

I’m tempted to pay up for Jimmy Butler. I’ve watched a few Miami games this year and it always seems like he is far and away the best player on the court. On a Friday night at the Staples Center I think he could get a full allotment of minutes and drop 60. B2B makes me a little wary but he doesn’t strike me as a the type of player who is hampered a great deal by playing B2B.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.