7:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( -2 ) at Atlanta ( 2 ) —- T: 219.5
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -2.5 ) at New Orleans ( 2.5 ) —- T: 235
    8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : New York ( 11 ) at Dallas ( -11 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -2 ) at Utah ( 2 ) —- T: 217.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 233
    10:30 PM EST : Miami ( 8.5 ) at LA Lakers ( -8.5 ) —- T: 215.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• 40coach

I’m not over thinking it today. You have to play KAT.

• SteeloCity

Here are some props I like today guys:

Joe Harris O12.5P (-126)
    Trae Young O2.5 3’s made (-142)
    Kyle Lowry O2.5 3’s made (-160)
    Darius Garland U9.5P (-128)
    Donovan Mitchell O23.5P (-104)
    Luka Doncic Triple Double (+310)

• frugal

@JSteele said...

Porzingis against the Knicks…hmmm

• WillyWongka

Will JVal get an extended run to match the size of Vuc or do they go smaller to run him off the court?

• JSteele

@WillyWongka said...

Will JVal get an extended run to match the size of Vuc or do they go smaller to run him off the court?

I think he’s still on a limit right? Unless they raised it, I don’t think it matters what Orlando does.

• packdog

@SteeloCity said...

In all honesty is it typically this hard in NBA? Like NFL I’m pretty decent at at least 2x cash each week. NBA is so difficult I don’t understand.

It’s just different. I used to play nfl cash mostly with a few gpp darts. Most weeks green but profit is small mostly. On my first 20 deposit I made like 200 some over two seasons. Withdrew most and lost rest. Wasn’t really worth the effort or stress so I stopped every week nfl.

Nowadays I come around to the dfs sites usually start of football season and after losing again for playoffs. Just good for fun. Stick to gpps. But last season after profitable football playoffs I dabbled in the nba with decent success, especially on fanball where I took 1st and 2nd in their biggest NBA contest one night

The thing with me is i withdrawal when I am up and am prepared to lose what I leave in. If it grows i withdrawal again. Means I might not be playing next month but i already withdrew 10x what I put in from a hot streak I got on after a deposit for mlb to get a free nfl ticket. Cashed most every contest in nfl and NBA last preseason game to start of reg season. Then the losing streak started. Hopefully I get some more cashes in a row but if I don’t I am fine moving away with a little profit and not playing till Jan/feb

• Kp24

Unsure if I wanna go back with Culver even if Teague is out. Just don’t know if he can get there with the big price bump

• Sleazygreazy

@Kp24 said...

Unsure if I wanna go back with Culver even if Teague is out. Just don’t know if he can get there with the big price bump

I don’t think I would pay 5K for him on DK, but 3.8 on FD is enticing

• Wooden_Bones

@Kp24 said...

If we’re talking $3.8K on FD, then yes. $5K on DK, probably no.

• frugal

Early look at yahoo value today

Bargain Basement:

Guards:

Markelle Fultz $10 – Fultz hasn’t had a big game yet but tonight may be that chance facing MEM who’s 4th in pace and 9th in opp total FP.

Ish Smith $10 – While he’s been demoted to the bench, that may actually work out better for him. Last game he saw better minutes than IT and his price hasn’t budged desite averaging 2.2X his salary over the last 5 games. While his upside is capped in the Baal focused offense, he has the ability to to 3X even in more limited minutes.

Forwards

Damion Lee $10 – Pretty much the only Warrior whose price hasn’t adjusted, though they moved him from SG to SF. He’s had 3 games of ~2.5X+ over the last 5 and I can see that path again tonight vs the Wolves. Glen Robinson is still a reasonable $13 as well.

C

Maxi Kleber or Dwight Powell $11 – While Porzingis is the narrative play here, presuming POrtis starts I could see either or maybe even both these cheap bigs going 2X+ tonight in a game which will likely need 2 mobile bigs on the floor to match up with Randle/Portis/Taj.

Few under $23 plays who’ve averaged 32+ FP and 1.4X+ last 5 games:

Harrison Barnes $19 – 32.86
    Marcus Morris $23 – 33.56
    OG Anunoby $19 – 35.74
    Richaun Holmes $17 – 32.68
    Taurean Prince $21 – 30.8
    Will Barton $18 – 30.84

• WillyWongka

@JSteele said...

I think he’s still on a limit right? Unless they raised it, I don’t think it matters what Orlando does.

Looks like it’s been slowly rising with each game. Up to 27 last game vs. MIN

• jahust11

Looks like a balanced night for me. Don’t trust any value so far. I like Whiteside, Horford, and JJJ on DK. Prices seem to low…

• Calicapo

An inordinate amount of games that could end up in the 250s….

Sheesh…

• noddy

@frugal said...

Bargain Basement:

Guards:

Markelle Fultz $10 – Fultz hasn’t had a big game yet but tonight may be that chance facing MEM who’s 4th in pace and 9th in opp total FP.

Ish Smith $10 – While he’s been demoted to the bench, that may actually work out better for him. Last game he saw better minutes than IT and his price hasn’t budged desite averaging 2.2X his salary over the last 5 games. While his upside is capped in the Baal focused offense, he has the ability to to 3X even in more limited minutes.

Forwards

Damion Lee $10 – Pretty much the only Warrior whose price hasn’t adjusted, though they moved him from SG to SF. He’s had 3 games of ~2.5X+ over the last 5 and I can see that path again tonight vs the Wolves. Glen Robinson is still a reasonable $13 as well.

C

Maxi Kleber or Dwight Powell $11 – While Porzingis is the narrative play here, presuming POrtis starts I could see either or maybe even both these cheap bigs going 2X+ tonight in a game which will likely need 2 mobile bigs on the floor to match up with Randle/Portis/Taj.

Few under $23 plays who’ve averaged 32+ FP and 1.4X+ last 5 games:

Harrison Barnes $19 – 32.86
    Marcus Morris $23 – 33.56
    OG Anunoby $19 – 35.74
    Richaun Holmes $17 – 32.68
    Taurean Prince $21 – 30.8
    Will Barton $18 – 30.84

Normally I’m more excited when you write these up. I’m not too excited about those value plays.

• WillyWongka

@jahust11 said...

Looks like a balanced night for me. Don’t trust any value so far. I like Whiteside, Horford, and JJJ on DK. Prices seem to low…

I’m liking balanced so far as well. Large slate and a few nice games to stack

• Jeddy3

Anyone watch the last Dallas game and know why Seth Curry only played his fist run and didn’t comeback? Anything specific other than he sucks?

Edit: trying my hardest to get away from Hood.

• frugal

@noddy said...

Normally I’m more excited when you write these up. I’m not too excited about those value plays.

Yeah, I’m not too excited myself about them. News with MIN could put Culver in play again who’s still $10 and CJ Miles is a very interesting spot if he starts. I’m feeling a more balanced approach so far with a couple of those 1.4X lower mid tier guys and maybe 1 budget guy vs a full stud/scrub lineup.

• JTL33

Who do you guys like early on for cash games? Neto is probably going to be the chalk at point guard I’d assume

• scott33

@frugal said...

I’m liking Brooks at $12 & Powell at $11. Barnes & Holmes vs the Hawks is tempting. Had Barton in my initial line. Little surprised no one has mentioned Drummond, he absolutely murdered the Pacers a couple weeks ago.

• frugal

@Jeddy3 said...

Anyone watch the last Dallas game and know why Seth Curry only played his fist run and didn’t comeback? Anything specific other than he sucks?

Edit: trying my hardest to get away from Hood.

Dallas was struggling, specifically guards in terms of play making. RC opted to give Barea those minutes in the 2nd and he blew up and as such lost his minutes in the 2nd half to him.

• Petergunz82

FVV for 6200 DK seems nice

• ripking

Anyone think Fournier could be a good sleeper? Seems like Memphis has been getting killed by shooting guards, I’m also contemplating Bog from Sac town. Towns, embiid or Drummond?

• frugal

@scott33 said...

I’m liking Brooks at $12 & Powell at $11. Barnes & Holmes vs the Hawks is tempting. Had Barton in my initial line. Little surprised no one has mentioned Drummond, he absolutely murdered the Pacers a couple weeks ago.

I think Drum is going to go under owned with Towns and Davis on the slate both with just as favorable matchups.

• rpolzin25

@JSteele said...

Jokic would appear to own some real estate in Embiid’s head based on last year game logs.

Jimmy Butler gets up for games against LeBron and he’s got a good spot with Winslow out again.

Julius Randle is in a perfect buy low opportunity again. He’s close to putting it all together, last game the peripherals weren’t there but the points were. Before that it was the opposite. The big story from this game will be KP against New York, but buried behind that is Randle is a Dallas native, he’s got the matchup, he’ll have friends and family in attendance, and he has a really good history against Dallas.

I’ve decided I’m playing randle nightly cuz I’m sure when I get off the train it will be the night I regret it

• JSteele

@scott33 said...

He did murder them and then he had a mediocre (by dfs standards) game against them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler