• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 7.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Atlanta ( -9 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8 ) at Sacramento ( 8 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• cdaus8989

Should dumping Doug McBuckets for JaMichael Green be a no brainer tonight?

• TheRealJosh5

@chgojcs said...

Any solid news on Lauvergne yet?

out tonight.

• tianyihe

@Capone1233 said...

Lillard is just too streaky for my liking. Agreed that he can go off, but he also has nights where he just awful.

On the contrary, I would argue he’s been one of the most consistent players this year.

• AaronAKG

@Capone1233 said...

Lillard is just too streaky for my liking. Agreed that he can go off, but he also has nights where he just awful.

This is why don’t believe 90% the nonsense spit in here.

Lillard has returned 3X his value in EVERY game this season and has enormous ceiling playing agasint the worst PG defense in the league.

Pease point out these awful nights to me?

• Kwatz

Vuc is out

• Kujayhawk20659

Bazemore or Barton?

• jameson416

What is yall’s best strategy for deciding when to pay up for what spots/what studs to go with when there are multiple good matchups at multiple positions? I’ve done pretty decent so far but I’m still extremely new to NBA and I’m always looking for that next piece of info to make me better…

For instance, my thought process for tonight is that there are some underpriced guards that I feel hold good value and would allow for you to pay up for other spots, however, from what I have noticed, if you pay down on some of your bigs it seems like low priced bigs that get heavy minutes reach their value easier? any thoughts on these philosophies or strategy tips?

• AaronAKG

@jameson416 said...

What is yall’s best strategy for deciding when to pay up for what spots/what studs to go with when there are multiple good matchups at multiple positions? I’ve done pretty decent so far but I’m still extremely new to NBA and I’m always looking for that next piece of info to make me better…

For instance, my thought process for tonight is that there are some underpriced guards that I feel hold good value and would allow for you to pay up for other spots, however, from what I have noticed, if you pay down on some of your bigs it seems like low priced bigs that get heavy minutes reach their value easier? any thoughts on these philosophies or strategy tips?

Day to day changes with me depending on the match up’s. I always look at the match up’s first target games I like then go from there.

• HeroFnStatus

Millsap or Gasol? GPP, thanks.

• millerto

@rickysabogal said...

My thoughts on a LU with Curry/Millsap/Lillard/Noel…. I think I like it….. Noel should have a bounce back game…

What do you guys think about Rivers and Sefolosha on the same LU….?

I think you’re just itching to have 2 of your roster spots combine for 21 points total.

• six7kid

aaron Gordon -orlando

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@jameson416 said...

Is this cash or GPP?

Either way, I don’t think whether someone is a SG or PF makes me want to pay down for them. I am looking at returning 5x-6x their salary in points.

So if you look at TJ McConnell tonight at $4600 – do you think he will get AT LEAST 23 fantasy points? If so, that is 5x value and he makes for a good pay down. You’ll see in his logs that in 3 of the last 4 games he has 34 fantasy points… which is about 8x his salary.

Its all about value relative to price/performance. This is my cash strategy anyway.

In GPP, I’m looking for positions people are going to pay up for and then I will pay down there and pay up elsewhere – or go for a more balanced roster approach. That way if the studs people are on don’t hit you are in line for a good pay day.

• osuryanf

@JJourneay33 said...

Really? Guards against Golden State seem -EV

Uhm, Rondo says otherwise.

Jackson will be jacking shots tonight. At his price in a high scoring game, I’ll roll the dice with him in a few lineups.

• yungblkngiftd

Hey guys is tthere a place/website/formula/advice where i can find ownership percentage on players in the NBA , rookie season in NBA DFS and im somwehat struggling.any leads would be great thanks

• mormi08

what is the diff between GPP and Cash? someone explain :P

• xdan3220

@AaronAKG said...

This is why don’t believe 90% the nonsense spit in here.

Lillard has returned 3X his value in EVERY game this season and has enormous ceiling playing agasint the worst PG defense in the league.

Pease point out these awful nights to me?

Agreed with you that Lilliard has not had any awful nights, he has returned basically 4x value at least every game. But, to play Devil’s advocate, at his current price of 8,900 on FD he has given 5x value just one time (fell .2 short another time) and is yet to give 6x value on an 8,900 salary. If the game was in Portland I’d be tempted to run with him, but on the road, in Denver, in a GPP you are asking for at least 45 points from him and I think he falls short on that.

• SageTheGemanil

Butler/Gallo or McCollum/Kawhi?

• JSteele

All in on Lillard tonight. Rolling out Rondo again too given that Collison is out.

Aaron Gordon could be sneaky value tonight. Both Vuc, and Jason Smith is out which makes Dedmon a great play but also Gordon should get some run between Harris and Dedmon

• millerto

I’m running two sets of core lineups tonight.

Curry, PG13, and Drummond in one just in case Curry and Drum Drum go off as planned.

And a more balanced Lillard, PG13, Okafor, Horford lineup in case they don’t.

Odd mixtures of Ed Davis, Aaron Gordon, Rondo, TJ, and Jermi Grant thrown in.

• JJourneay33

@osuryanf said...

Uhm, Rondo says otherwise.

Jackson will be jacking shots tonight. At his price I’ll roll the dice with him in a few lineups.

Rondo got insane minutes playing almost the entire game, RJax gets heavy minutes im just worried about the blowout. Steve Blake could mop up 4th Q

• cdaus8989

@xdan3220 said...

Agreed with you that Lilliard has not had any awful nights, he has returned basically 4x value at least every game. But, to play Devil’s advocate, at his current price of 8,900 on FD he has given 5x value just one time (fell .2 short another time) and is yet to give 6x value on an 8,900 salary. If the game was in Portland I’d be tempted to run with him, but on the road, in Denver, in a GPP you are asking for at least 45 points from him and I think he falls short on that.

Should be pretty easy for him to score 25-30 real points, top that with 5 steals from the turnover machine mudiay, and all he needs is a couple rebs and assists to hit 45

• deerosa

@cullyp81 said...

Anyone biting on a Matt Barnes revenge game???

I am not, but I am looking at him when he plays the Knicks :)

• rickysabogal

@millerto said...

I think you’re just itching to have 2 of your roster spots combine for 21 points total.

Duly noted…. so if you had to choose one of them, who do you think is the most likely to hit value? Sef or Rivers?

• Dono

does anyone have a 3500 util play on DK

• dominicanpapi

@rhharrll said...

Yes….he’s on of the grizzlies most consistent players. Grizzlies insiders have already confirmed Wright and Zbo won’t play tonight

I have yet to see anything about this, link?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).