• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 7.5 ) —- T: 195.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 9 ) at Atlanta ( -9 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at Denver ( -1.5 ) —- T: 207.5
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -8 ) at Sacramento ( 8 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• pdaddis

@cdowd101 said...

I’m all for rooting for your lineup, but ease up on the garbage time stuff. I mean its not protocol to immediately sub out your best players the second you go up 15+ with less than three minutes. They finish out the games or close to it if it was at all in jeopardy during the 4th.

I watch a lot of basketball. GS loves to keep their starters in late into blowouts all the time. And my feelings have absolutely nothing to do with DFS. I couldn’t care less from that standpoint, because sometimes you benefit from garbage time and sometimes you don’t. I just think that GS comes off as arrogant assholes and are very insulting, when all they want to do is get stats and rub the other teams face in it. So when Steph Curry sprains his ankle landing awkwardly after jacking up a three with 30 seconds left in a 20 point game, I will laugh. That’s all I’m saying.

• JJourneay33

@pdaddis said...

I watch a lot of basketball. GS loves to keep their starters in late into blowouts all the time. And my feelings have absolutely nothing to do with DFS. I couldn’t care less from that standpoint, because sometimes you benefit from garbage time and sometimes you don’t. I just think that GS comes off as arrogant assholes and are very insulting, when all they want to do is get stats and rub the other teams face in it. So when Steph Curry sprains his ankle landing awkwardly after jacking up a three with 30 seconds left in a 20 point game, I will laugh. That’s all I’m saying.

http://twitter.com/RotoGrinders/status/663902276000587777/photo/1 – bottom right

• DFSNewbie

JJ Redick, thanks for winning me money…!!!

• TheGent210

Man.. Noah killed me!! LOL I could of picked someone else..

• slick5000

thx, im at 279 and 283. Hopefully that holds on

• tonytone1908

@pdaddis said...

Dude, honestly, I love Golden State and Steph Curry in particular. But I am definitely not a fan of him chewing on the mouthpiece while taking foul shots. Unfortunately yes it reminds me of my boy Patrick Kane. It does kind of give off the aura of cockiness I think. Do you EVER see anyone else do it? No. It’s a general respect, unwritten rule kind of thing in my eyes. I mean, if anyone else did that they would get some kind of unsportsmanlike conduct penalty or something.

It’s like he’s flaunting his “I’m the shiznit” attitude. It’s the one thing about him I can’t stand.

• pdaddis

@JJourneay33 said...

http://twitter.com/RotoGrinders/status/663902276000587777/photo/1 – bottom right

Let me assure you, I am not mad at all when it comes to DFS. GS and Curry had zero effect on my lineups tonight and I cashed enough to finish ahead for the night. My issue is more just from a basketball standpoint, and even then I was pretty much just joking around and I really don’t care that much. Just rubs me the wrong way a little.

• msuwhat

Even with Noah not playing I managed to double up, even in gpp I was able to cash in.

• msuwhat

@tonytone1908 said...

Dude, honestly, I love Golden State and Steph Curry in particular. But I am definitely not a fan of him chewing on the mouthpiece while taking foul shots. Unfortunately yes it reminds me of my boy Patrick Kane. It does kind of give off the aura of cockiness I think. Do you EVER see anyone else do it? No. It’s a general respect, unwritten rule kind of thing in my eyes. I mean, if anyone else did that they would get some kind of unsportsmanlike conduct penalty or something.

It’s like he’s flaunting his “I’m the shiznit” attitude. It’s the one thing about him I can’t stand.

Guy I play hockey with does the same and he’s a tool

• CoachTrav

Ended up with exactly 300, pretty happy Gasol missed that free throw, didn’t want to see OT, 50/50s were easy tonight (easy to say now I guess)

• chronoxiong

Finished with 306 on FD and happy to cash decent money in the GPPs I entered. No minimum cash this time. Also finally finished top 3 in all my 50/50s as well. It took me a while to feel great about how I did on NBA in this young season. Glad I took out Dedmon out of my lineups and inserted Okafor and avoided the popular plays for once (McCollum and Barton).

• KRD227

I hear ya chrono..I couldn’t decide between Dedmon and Okafor. Started out Dedmon, then heard Noel was out then went Okafor, then Noah was starting so went back to Dedmon. I ended up splitting them and both teams cashed…although the Okafor teams were the only ones to cash in GPPs. And Noah somehow got hurt in warm ups lol

• chgojcs

Bulls blowout was the difference between some change and some serious cash for me tonight.

• ldigeorge

Missed my double up up by 5 points thanks to a 0 from Noah. My original lineup before changing to Noah late would have scored a 295 and gotten me about 7x my buy in on what I entered. Super.

• chronoxiong

@KRD227 said...

I hear ya chrono..I couldn’t decide between Dedmon and Okafor. Started out Dedmon, then heard Noel was out then went Okafor, then Noah was starting so went back to Dedmon. I ended up splitting them and both teams cashed…although the Okafor teams were the only ones to cash in GPPs. And Noah somehow got hurt in warm ups lol

For reals? Damns. Glad to hear you were still able to win at least. The Noah news were screwed up in a way though. Lol. Happy to have avoided that situation.

• tposey

• petesdynasty

Cashed my 50/50s by 0.2. Phew.

• n1ck111

Finished with 284.4 , would have been 305.90 without my last minute pivot from Okafor. Good enough to cash and it was a cash lineup so no big deal. Normally in football if I am having a tough time deciding I just run with two lineups… think I might go this way in NBA too to spread out some of the risk/indecision.

• Agent47

@TheGent210 said...

I thought Noah was playing tonight.. UGGHH!! I would of hit 300’s! LOL Patty Mills was a good pick up tonight if anyone had him! He scored 30.25 not bad for 3,000 on DK.

Mad at myself for not putting in Mills last night. He was at the top of my list yesterday for cheap PG options, and I somehow failed to put him in a single lineup. He would’ve given me 10x production at a minimum price and would have allowed me to upgrade at other positions that I didn’t feel so great about in some of my lineups. Oh well – I need to learn from that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).