• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at Philadelphia ( -1 ) —- T: 197.5
    7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 9 ) at Cleveland ( -9 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 1.5 ) at Minnesota ( -1.5 ) —- T: 203
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -1 ) at New Orleans ( 1 ) —- T: 201.5
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 203

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Chat/Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/322476231?invitedby=dmurphy104&cnl=ba

• chwbn

I have a feeling AD is going to put up a dud…

• noddy

@JSteele said...

I like Jarrett Jack today he can put up a ton of points and rebounds and assists for a 6100 guard against this terrible Phoenix D

I’m on him

• nopewilder

Cashed in a 10 dollar double up late slate with a 223 talk about low scoring I guess Lillard and Paul screwed a lot of lineups last night

• TakeTheOver

@Sports312 said...

Yeah I was on Lebron early on. I do think WSH plays better to give the Cavs their best shot. I think the game can stay close enough and Lebron will play his normal minutes.

I do like Hollis Thompson at only 3900 on DK if Noel is still out. The guy has been getting 30+ minutes and 4 straight games of 20 or more DK pts with a 25 and 29 in there.

I also like Kevin Love but I might not want to roster both Love and Lebron. Though if you believe the game will stay close enough then both are in pretty good spots. Maybe it is an hedge as if Love has 45+ then Lebron can get away with a little less production.

If Dudley is starting at the 4 tonight, Love should have a great game.

• JSteele

Also TJ Warren has done well with Chandler out but I don’t exactly like the play today.

• Cityworkout

I think Lebron will be popular today as he will be talked up as being the top play. Love will also be popular as he is the top PF after AD.

I like Zaza at center for 6k on DK, I do want to pay up for a better center like Brook but if I end up playing Love and Lebron I probably won’t be able to afford a higher priced center.

• cccalloway

@JSteele said...

I like Jarrett Jack today he can put up a ton of points and rebounds and assists for a 6100 guard against this terrible Phoenix D

Jack is more of a GPP play for me. Too inconsistent and will have Knight on him. But he can blow up for the huge game no matter the matchup.

• bucherpsu08

The way the Wizards have been playing lately, that game could be blow out city.

• Stickman731

@noddy said...

I see people itt with 300+ all the time. There’s no way you are playing the players talked about here because I play them and don’t come close to 300

Six days ago I was bored and counted the “active player” mentions on the board (https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-11-24-994390?page=16).

Of the top twelve mentions, only one hit 5X value (I think it was Bradley). I take the information with a grain of salt and just check to see if I may have missed a player in my analyses. Except for late scratches, I rarely change my original selection – to me first impression and analyses are usually correct.

• pixelnite

Agreed.

• mirinmytraps

Not sure if i want to keep t young or go with randle and pay up somewhere else

• noddy

@Stickman731 said...

Six days ago I was bored and counted the “active player” mentions on the board (https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-11-24-994390?page=16).

Of the top twelve mentions, only one hit 5X value (I think it was Bradley). I take the information with a grain of salt and just check to see if I may have missed a player in my analyses. Except for late scratches, I rarely change my original selection – to me first impression and analyses are usually correct.

Interesting

• finn4

@chwbn said...

I have a feeling AD is going to put up a dud…

or bruise his pinkey and leave the game

• bignish

Fade Okafor at your own peril tonight…he’s going against the Lakers who snubbed him for the #2 pick in the draft and he released a statement recently saying he’s all business now after his multiple off the court transgressions and is committed 100% to staying focused from here on out.

• bwargo70

@jmg416 said...

All my lineups are ending up with too many Sixers. I want to put Covington and Canaan in all my lineups with some Okafor sprinkled in. But something about having 2-3 players from a team that can’t get a win seems like a mistake.

I think one of the tournament winners last night had 3 Celtics. It can be done but I’d shy away from 3 Sixers, and that’s my team. I do think they get their first win tonight, however.

• dominicanpapi

The information that I have found here has been useful, but I don’t take everything as gospel. I read just about every post, there have definitely been posts where it’s pointed me to guys that weren’t even on my radar but I don’t just change my lineups and put that guy in there. I look at the info that is available to me, DVP, etc etc. Also you have to keep in mind, there are thousands of people that play DFS, just b/c some people on here are on one specific guy isn’t a reflection of his ownership percentage (high or low).

I don’t think we should discourage discussion, it may help, it may not.

• bkamann

@xHotLineBlingx said...

Thanks for the suggestion might play Beal instead.

He does have JR Smith guarding him. JR is too busy thinking about his next 3 ball to guard anyone.

• bwargo70

@Dmurphy104 said...

In reality, this thread probably has a very small impact on the percentages..guys are talked in here because they are generally the chalk type value plays, they aren’t chalk because they are talked about in here.

Everyone missed on the value guys..the scores were down last night as a result. You didn’t lose because of Green/mayo and Bayless..another piece was missed – for me it was rostering Iggy and I don’t think he was mentioned at all. He was the last piece I put in when I substituted out Casspi. He fit and looked to be a decent value.

Rostering a low end priced guy who misses value by 2-5 points is not nearly a big deal as using a high priced player who misses value by 8-12 points. IMO you need to hit on those top tier players more so than the value.

• Sax0

QQ: Been mainly playing DK cash, but interested in trying single entry GPP’s. I usually focus on one lineup for cash, should I play that lineup in the GPP as well or mix out a few safe guys for contrarian/high upside guys? I only ask because my DK cash lineup scored 271 last night, which easily cashed the large double up. Turned out it would have been a top 100 score in the 1300 person High Five last night as well. Unfortunately, I didn’t use it there, I figured the lineup itself was too chalky (everyone’s favorite punts plus I paid up for Millsap, Drummond, Blake).

• PDFOUR

Can’t believe Andrew Wiggins is listed as a SG. Really Draftkings? Is anyone brave enough to play Kobe Bryant for GPP? lol.

• Simba19

Had Stanley Johnson last night on DK wish I played Reggie Jackson like my gut said try again tonight

• cccalloway

@bignish said...

Fade Okafor at your own peril tonight…he’s going against the Lakers who snubbed him for the #2 pick in the draft and he released a statement recently saying he’s all business now after his multiple off the court transgressions and is committed 100% to staying focused from here on out.

And we are just supposed to take him at his word! He could go off but think he is better suited for GPP play at this point.

• bwargo70

@Sax0 said...

QQ: Been mainly playing DK cash, but interested in trying single entry GPP’s. I usually focus on one lineup for cash, should I play that lineup in the GPP as well or mix out a few safe guys for contrarian/high upside guys? I only ask because my DK cash lineup scored 271 last night, which easily cashed the large double up. Turned out it would have been a top 100 score in the 1300 person High Five last night as well. Unfortunately, I didn’t use it there, I figured the lineup itself was too chalky (everyone’s favorite punts plus I paid up for Millsap, Drummond, Blake).

IMO always put your cash lineup into a GPP. You never know what will happen and if you build the lineup with a strategy sometimes (if not most of the time) it will outscore your GPP lineup.

• bmann

He certainly went off against the T-Wolves. That said it’s best to steer clear of narrative street except in a few select cases.

• cccalloway

@bwargo70 said...

IMO always put your cash lineup into a GPP. You never know what will happen and if you build the lineup with a strategy sometimes (if not most of the time) it will outscore your GPP lineup.

I’m actually interested in this. Might be useful at small buy ins but I have put my cash lineup in many tourneys and always check it. I think about as high as I have placed is barely inside the top 1% which is good but not great in a large field GPP.

If you are playing like 100-400 man tourneys, I think cash game lineups make more sense. In large field GPPs, I think it is actually a losing strategy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).