Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Sacramento ( -5.5 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/335083142

• millerto

@ImADonk11 said...

Anyone have any insight as to what is up with Serge? Looking at his last 10 games he hasn’t hit double digit boards in any and only once hit value. Seems like he is due for a breakout game but I guess not much to go around with Westy and KD , but still getting 30 minutes plus of run and can’t hit 10 rebounds seems crazy. Maybe I’m missing something but seems like last year he used to be a consistent play esp with the block threat he is.

I watch every Thunder game and I really don’t know what more you can expect from the guy. His price is just too high.

He’s had bad games and good, but he’s really not doing anything much different. The guy has never averaged 10 rebounds and never will with Russ and KD gobbling them up.

For comparison

Serge’s best year ever statistically was ’13-‘14
    15.1 pts on 12 shots – 8.8 rebs – 2.7 blocks

This year
    13.1 pts on 12 shots – 7 rebs – 2.4 blocks

He’s the same guy he’s always been. Taking the same amount of shots, but just making 1 less. He is averaging 2 less rebounds from his career high but think about this. The only other bigs on that team were Kendrick Porkins and Nick Collison. Now there’s Steven Adams and Kanter along with Russ and KD taking his rebounds.

I’ll roster Serge when he’s 5500.

• bucherpsu08

You can’t really compare the cash line between cash games and GPPs. They are and should be treated totally different, You aren’t going to find a lot of really bad lineups in cash games like you will in GPPs. People don’t take crazy flyers in cash games, at least the good ones. Cash is about minutes security first and foremost.

• TeHDruiD

@millerto said...

I watch every Thunder game and I really don’t know what more you can expect from the guy. His price is just too high.

He’s had bad games and good, but he’s really not doing anything much different. The guy has never averaged 10 rebounds and never will with Russ and KD gobbling them up.

For comparison

This year

He’s the same guy he’s always been. Taking the same amount of shots, but just making 1 less. He is averaging 2 less rebounds from his career high but think about this. The only other bigs on that team were Kendrick Porkins and Nick Collison. Now there’s Steven Adams and Kanter along with Russ and KD taking his rebounds.

This is excellent. Thank you

• dailyfinancialsports

@millerto said...

For comparison

This year

As a Thunder fan, who are you liking more tonight? WB or KD?

• Sportsfan12

Thoughts on jarret jack? He seems to have cooled off quite a bit

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

@AdrianxBeatason said...

I feel like the cash line is too similar for me to justify playing cash games. I think this is because a lot of the “pros” bread and butter is cash games and they inflate the cash line with multiple entries. Its usually been within a 10 point range between cash and gpp. Id rather have the large upside GPPs offer… just my 2 cents tho.

I thought that too..And I picked the wrong week to test it. Went 0 for last week playing 100% GPPs and I would have won cash games 5 of the 7 days with the same lineups. This week, I switched back to 80% cash and of course my scores also beat the payline in the GPPs.

Now I’m low volume, and FD changing the $1 GPP to 2X killed the advantage I would have expected when I min cash.

So for now, I am just going to slowly increase my % of GPPs but focus on grinding up my bankroll with the cash games.

• TeHDruiD

@Sportsfan12 said...

Thoughts on jarret jack? He seems to have cooled off quite a bit

Like him as a GPP play. He doesn’t often hit value, but when he does he well exceeds it

• Jflack3

Westy
    Butler
    Durant
    Ibaka
    ———-
    Punts

• millerto

@dailyfinancialsports said...

As a Thunder fan, who are you liking more tonight? WB or KD?

haha I like em both!

Neither has a real tough matchup, but if I was forced to choose I would take Durant. He’s been playing like he wants that “best player in the world” title lately. When he’s on, it’s so effortless and smooth. The game is cranking along and you don’t even realize he has 32 points, 10 rebounds, and 6 assists in barely 30 minutes of work.

Saying that: If Westbrook plays facilitator like he did last night? 16 assists and 13 points in 25 minutes? IF I KNEW that he was planning on doing that again? I’m rostering them both costs be damned.

• hannea74

@AdrianxBeatason said...

I feel like the cash line is too similar for me to justify playing cash games. I think this is because a lot of the “pros” bread and butter is cash games and they inflate the cash line with multiple entries. Its usually been within a 10 point range between cash and gpp. Id rather have the large upside GPPs offer… just my 2 cents tho.

I think my main issue is I throw too many unique lineups in the GPPs. The first few times I tried building a few lineups around 4-5 core guys the core guys shit the bed. So I went the exact opposite direction and started rostering combinations of way too many guys. Finally realizing my initial lineup is almost always my best, I’m just looking to take a different approach, possibly going back to building around the same core of 4-5 guys, or just doing one entry.

• TeHDruiD

It’s also smart to play single entry double ups as opposed to multi-entry, you avoid trains that way and the pay line is lower because of less opportunity for near perfect lineups

• Sportsfan12

Afflaflo gpp punt?

Im building around casspi and bogdonavic but i still think both will be highly owned.

Dropping a punt on afflaflo, redick, maybe mcklemore or waiters?

Who you guys liking out of those last 4

• Usual21

I’m going with McLemore

• hannea74

@TeHDruiD said...

It’s also smart to play single entry double ups as opposed to multi-entry, you avoid trains that way and the pay line is lower because of less opportunity for near perfect lineups

Makes sense. Thanks for the input.

• dashow4life

@millerto said...

Man the shooting guard position on DK is just pathetic. It’s Jimmy Butler and then nobody. What are you guys doing?

Bazemore?

• TeHDruiD

@dashow4life said...

Bazemore?

Ditto. I like Bazemore and McLemore probably the most for GPP’s tonight in terms of cheaper SG’s (FD)

• millerto

Feel like Butler is gonna be 70% owned tonight

• Agent47

@Usual21 said...

I’m going with McLemore

That’s the way I’m leaning right now, but I’ll probably have some shares of Reddick and Afflalo as I think they could reach value as well and McLemore is too unpredictable for me to go all in on him. Butler is obviously in his own class tonight at SG, but he’s a bit expensive for my liking when I’m thinking his fpts. might be in the 30s tonight.

• wystateofmind

@millerto said...

Feel like Butler is gonna be 70% owned tonight

I highly doubt it, more in that 30-40% area tops

• Wrx_guy

These 4 game slates seem tougher than 7+. You miss on 1 huge night from some1 in a gpp and you’re basically screwed lol

• Agent47

@Sportsfan12 said...

Afflaflo gpp punt?

Im building around casspi and bogdonavic but i still think both will be highly owned.

Waiters is my least favorite of those 4. Based on my research, I would rank them McLemore, Afflalo, Redick, Waiters. Just my take.

• TeHDruiD

@Wrx_guy said...

These 4 game slates seem tougher than 7+. You miss on 1 huge night from some1 in a gpp and you’re basically screwed lol

haha yeah. I don’t mess with cash games on nights like these, I prefer to just throw a few bucks into GPP’s

• Rnacdaley

@Sportsfan12 said...

Afflaflo gpp punt?

Sacramento continues to be well beyond awful vs SGs. I think AA is worth a spot at an ugly position tonight.

• AdrianxBeatason

@hannea74 said...

I think my main issue is I throw too many unique lineups in the GPPs. The first few times I tried building a few lineups around 4-5 core guys the core guys shit the bed. So I went the exact opposite direction and started rostering combinations of way too many guys. Finally realizing my initial lineup is almost always my best, I’m just looking to take a different approach, possibly going back to building around the same core of 4-5 guys, or just doing one entry.

One entry is just not enough hedging for me. If your core does poorly you may still be able to break even on a couple lineups if your other players hit. If your core does well you are almost certain to make money and could take one down with the right selection. You just have to be able to push through those bad days where your core screws you and lose money. But GPPs you should be going for the win or just do cash instead.

• JammmmHOT

anyone else worried about Gasol’s mins on a b2b?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).