Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Sacramento ( -5.5 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/335083142

• tonytone1908

@Ryazan said...

left some of the pros in the dust for you guys:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/13949/contests/13949-20287932/entries/335964598/scoring?entry=335964598

Nice job homie. Wish I could step up to the baller ;)

• Superhippy

I broke even almost to the penny tonight. Made some really good picks tonight like Bazemore, Noah, and Ibaka, and some really crappie ones like Johnson.

Only thing I was really mad about was Blake getting ejected. He was on well on his way to getting a 65 and maybe more.

• KRD227

fade to black tore it up in the shot/swat…damn! 34k+

• tonytone1908

@Ryazan said...

A 15 person gpp with top 4 paid out, if I max enter 4 entries, it’s more likely than not that one of those wins it no matter what. It is also almost gauranteed that at least one finishes in the top 4, especially if good lineups are set. Also throw luck out the door cuz no one is making crazy picks like Galloway or jeremi grant.

Come on man! Grant was a good play tonight. Just wish I had the balls to pull the trigger. lol

• wystateofmind

Margin of error is so small with these short slates. There is a 4 point difference between where I placed (33rd) and not cashing at 47th. This was in the showtime on draftkings

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@tonytone1908 said...

Nice job homie. Wish I could step up to the baller ;)

Thanks dude….its deff a risk/reward thing, i just go all in and yea a gpp that pays out the top 28%….sign me up any day

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@Ryazan said...

A 15 person gpp with top 4 paid out, if I max enter 4 entries, it’s more likely than not that one of those wins it no matter what. It is also almost gauranteed that at least one finishes in the top 4, especially if good lineups are set. Also throw luck out the door cuz no one is making crazy picks like Galloway or jeremi grant.

Interesting, certainly see what you meant in previous posts about winning with game selection strategy.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@tonytone1908 said...

Come on man! Grant was a good play tonight. Just wish I had the balls to pull the trigger. lol

Tajjy Taj basically same price and made more sense, did as well as grant…..noticed he lit the clippers up last year so there was an actual reason to use him as opposed to the immortal grant

• tankwatch1

Anybody else use player props on players to get an idea what vegas thinks of their performance? For example, how many total points,rebounds, and assists will John Wall have. I have noticed most of the time vegas is spot on.give.or take a few. They usually come out only a few hours before gametime, but have improved my performance. Note, the props only come out for.the top players not low salary value.players, but picking the stars it helps.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@walkoff9 said...

Interesting, certainly see what you meant in previous posts about winning with game selection strategy.

Yea…..I’m not even that good, look at those lineups of mine that won and tell me what makes them so special…..nothing lol, just the field is small enough, even against pros, that most luck is eliminated and u don’t need to get crazy on purpose trying to hit it big with contrarian picks

• KRD227

Cashed in all my cash games barely…actually did decent in GPPs too as I played a wide variety of lineups due to it being a short slate. Probably shouldn’t have had as much as play as I did in cash games on such a short slate but I can’t play the main slate tomorrow so I said F it lol.

• FlashDelirium

Been doing OK on the Fanduel Slam considering I only play 2-4 Line ups a night. 3 entries tonite and this one won me 250, should be more but the statistician flubbed a Zinger steal and gave it to Galloway. Been fading Porzingas and Okafor literally every single night this year but played them in this lineup, then cursed myself for playing a Porzingas after lineup set with rookie wall potential on a West Coast trip on a B2B, but he did aight, he matched Thad. Jah was necessary to finish top 100

Russ/Larkin
    Butler/Redick
    Durant/Bogdon
    Zingis/Taj
    Jahlil

• KRD227

Half the field in that Baller had less than 200 wins…is it always like that?

• Gotembaseball

@Ryazan said...

DFS best troll hands down.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@KRD227 said...

Half the field in that Baller had less than 200 wins…is it always like that?

Often it’s a mix of pros and people who won the slam or monster by chance recently who maybe are somewhat new players yea.

• chronoxiong

@KRD227 said...

fade to black tore it up in the shot/swat…damn! 34k+

What do you mean? I saw your cash game lineup and it’s a lineup I should’ve/could’ve done had I faded Iso Joe Johnson and played Afflalo. I’m really pissed I lost all my games tonight. There was a small margin of error as a lot of my 50/50s you needed mid 250’s to win and I got stuck with 250.80. My fricken Nets stack ended up wiping my games out. They started off on fire (except for Joe Johnson), but Jarrett Jack never did anything in the 2nd half. Bojan practically went missing too. So frustrating. Glad you won your cash games.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@Gotembaseball said...

DFS best troll hands down.

What a dumb comment

• Gopackgo30

@tankwatch1 where can you find NBA player props?

• KRD227

@chronoxiong said...

What do you mean?

The user “fade to black” won the Shot x2 and came second in the Swat for 34k…

Edit..it was 39k..damn

• tankwatch1

@Gopackgo30 said...

@tankwatch1 where can you find NBA player props?

I go to Bovada about an hour before the early games 7pm est. You can find the spreads for the games and other betting options for that game. Simply scroll down to player props. The problem is the late game times the player props still come out about an hour before that game. So you can’t use all the props because the early games have started and on FD the line ups freeze at 7 est. To combat this simply play on DK or play only early games or only the late card on FD. Hope that helps. Take advantage of the work all the bookmakers do in.vegas to come up.with these props. It’s a great baseline starting point.

• tonytone1908

@Ryazan said...

What a dumb comment

Seriously, I used your strategy to win almost 3k in baseball one weekend.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to duplicate that success since.

• Lionfan22

@tankwatch1 said...

I go to Bovada about an hour before the early games 7pm est. You can find the spreads for the games and other betting options for that game. Simply scroll down to player props. The problem is the late game times the player props still come out about an hour before that game. So you can’t use all the props because the early games have started and on FD the line ups freeze at 7 est. To combat this simply play on DK or play only early games or only the late card on FD. Hope that helps. Take advantage of the work all the bookmakers do in.vegas to come up.with these props. It’s a great baseline starting point.

Thank you for the information.

• Bastardicus

Interesting night. Cashed in all my 50/50’s with fairly low scores. 230 got me a win on Fantasy Aces (Normally takes 260 to 270). 256 on Fanduel (typically 270ish) and took 2nd out of 22 entries on Draft Kings with a 253 (237 was the cutoff). Obviously I’ll take it.

• TheWombat24

@tankwatch1 said...

Thank you, that is a great idea.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).