Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Sacramento ( -5.5 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/335083142

• kdriskell311

@csandbizzle said...

And here I was hoping since no one was talking about him no one would be on him :(

lol. 100% exposed to 3 players.

• dailyfinancialsports

@mellofellowsu said...

There is no single strategy that works well all of the time. It all depends on which punts come through.

I saw the Paul/Wall strategy work well last night. Also saw someone with Wall and fricking Patty Mills in the top 10.

Going all in on a stud that goes off offers you the luxury to spit out LUs with different punts. Avoiding the bad studs and being on the right studs is most of what puts you in position to win. Finding the right punt is the rest of the formula.

You’re right. I guess what I really meant to say is that lately it seems the best punts are not at PG.

• Nymetsknicks7

Sefolosha getting 35 minutes to guard Durant at a great price. Thanks

• dominicanpapi

@turnertheburner said...

anyone build their best lineup only to realize it doesn’t include russ and KD? I don’t think I can stomach not playing either, might reduce my buy-ins tonight

My fear of them going for 100 points combined,and trying to recoup those points by using guys like Jack or Teague.

• Sirius13

wow tony wroten is starting tonight

• TrustinthePlan

Anyone think its best strategy to play Durant or Westbrook tonight if you can fit Rondo and Jack or Gasol and Griffin into your lineups? If so which is the better play between Durant and Westbrook? For me its Durant just because of the matchup.

• bmann

It does make sense that Noah and Taj would get more minutes and Mirotic fewer. But the Bulls need Miro’s scoring off the bench pretty badly.

• mabrla

@mellofellowsu said...

There is no single strategy that works well all of the time. It all depends on which punts come through.

I saw the Paul/Wall strategy work well last night. Also saw someone with Wall and fricking Patty Mills in the top 10.

Going all in on a stud that goes off offers you the luxury to spit out LUs with different punts. Avoiding the bad studs and being on the right studs is most of what puts you in position to win. Finding the right punt is the rest of the formula.

Agreed. Punt selection is everything, especially as a single entry player.

If the odds that (insert punt here) meets value are lower than his projected ownership percentage, I must fade. I live by this.

• rebkell

@TeamTwerk said...

Thanks for the detailed response. I think Redick is a viable option if Butler doesn’t guard him or at least not most the time. Like you pointed out Redick got plenty of shots off both games last year.

Here is the shot log with the closest defender to Redick in the two games last year:

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/200755/tracking/shotslogs/?Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&CF=LOCATION*E*&OpponentTeamID=1610612741

• csandbizzle

@bmann said...

It does make sense that Noah and Taj would get more minutes and Mirotic fewer. But the Bulls need Miro’s scoring off the bench pretty badly.

Still think Miro will get run, so will Dougie McBuckets for some unknown reason. Probably will see a bit more Gasol tonight in a big game.

• millerto

@Sirius13 said...

wow tony wroten is starting tonight

He’s also on an oddly specific 16 minute restriction.

Not 15. Not 20. Not even 18. But 16 minutes.

• AdrianxBeatason

@TeamTwerk said...

Thanks for the detailed response. I think Redick is a viable option if Butler doesn’t guard him or at least not most the time. Like you pointed out Redick got plenty of shots off both games last year.

he was on last night too. I will have redick in several lineups

• cpeeler21

All,
    Let me know if you would be interested in joining a professional group of members for NBA,We are looking for members ranked in the top 10% to assure the professional aspect.We are extremely successful but have recently lost two members due to time constraints. So around the 1,000th rotogrinder rank or below (Special Cases Possible) Let me know what you can bring to the team, send me a message for further details. Really simple. I take DFS very serious and it’s been a second job for a couple years, we are not looking for members that play recreationally that want some free picks. Game of skill means putting in the time and research. Need to bring something to the team, like having access to 2nd party analytics, fantasylabs, fantasycruncher, personal programs etc..No offense to any other players here on the forum and I’m always open to answering any nba questions you have anytime, just hit me up and I’ll let you know what I think, opinions are free :)!
    V/R
    Chris

• tim51278

I’ve built a lineup I love with no Cousins, KD or Westbrook. Debating tossing it in a 1k buy in lol

• csandbizzle

@tim51278 said...

I’ve built a lineup I love with no Cousins, KD or Westbrook. Debating tossing it in a 1k buy in lol

YOLO

• California_Cool

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

Like stauskas at 35/3600 on both sites as a punt on a weak position, on both sites 25 min per game, all he needs is to hit a few 3’s, and hes never been shy with taking his shots.

• millerto

Man the shooting guard position on DK is just pathetic. It’s Jimmy Butler and then nobody. What are you guys doing?

• California_Cool

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

If you just want to cash..sure.

• CutlerAsFk

@millerto said...

Man the shooting guard position on DK is just pathetic. It’s Jimmy Butler and then nobody. What are you guys doing?

throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks

• dailyfinancialsports

@CutlerAsFk said...

this

• millerto

@CutlerAsFk said...

Sooooooo, Afflalo?

haha

• bucherpsu08

@millerto said...

Playing the minutes game at SG. Redick and Korver should both see 30+. Waiters has decent upside off the bench. I don’t think Butler is worth the price.

• claw11x

This just feels like a day I’ll have way too many Nets…

• Ashbyjarr

Made a few lineups with logic and theory but since I’m not working today, I’m going to make and nba 2k16 lu for giggles… and according to them, Noel is the only sixer worth playing tonight

• mellofellowsu

@millerto said...

Mostly going with “nobody.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).