Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 7 ) at Brooklyn ( -7 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 8 ) at Okla City ( -8 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 1 ) at Chicago ( -1 ) —- T: 201
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 5.5 ) at Sacramento ( -5.5 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/335083142

• Dorr185

I’m going multi-entry tonight on FD and found myself with only 3% Porzingis and 2% Durant. That can’t possibly be right! Built them all by hand and didn’t realize how little of those two I had until I was done. Maybe I should try a lineup builder instead, but I’ve had horrible experiences with them in the past.

• csandbizzle

@Ashbyjarr said...

Made a few lineups with logic and theory but since I’m not working today, I’m going to make and nba 2k16 lu for giggles… and according to them, Noel is the only sixer worth playing tonight

I mean he did have 6 steals and 2 blocks in their preseason game this year haha

• goblue84

I’ve seen a few Niko mentions on here; I would not recommend rostering him. Taj and Noah will see more minutes since he’s such a liability on defense.

I’m playing buckets because he’ll most likely play 40 minutes with Redick on him as their first option to score, Gasol being second

• bucherpsu08

Porzingis is GPP only anyway due to his erratic minutes. I don’t have any exposure to him. On DK, I’d much rather go with Millsap for $400 for the minutes safety.

• bjschram

OK, I know this doesn’t apply to today, but it made me laugh. Per rotowire…

J.R. Smith G Cleveland Cavaliers
    Smith (illness) will not travel will the Cavs to Orlando on Friday, though he could still play, Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

• millerto

@bjschram said...

Smith (illness) will not travel will the Cavs to Orlando on Friday, though he could still play, Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

He’s gonna drive his hoverboard down there.

• csandbizzle

@bjschram said...

The pipe has no range restrictions. He will shoot it from Cleveland if you give him the chance

• Nickvas08

Everyone will be on Lopez, anyone else agree when I say Jordan has a similar floor and more upside?

• frugal

Wow. My most stable lineup features 4 Knicks and 3 Nets. Hate that idea, but with the narrow slate it’s the one I feel most confident playing in cash games.

• dailyfinancialsports

@Nickvas08 said...

Everyone will be on Lopez, anyone else agree when I say Jordan has a similar floor and more upside?

More upside, sure. Lopez, however, definitely has a higher floor.

• Sportsfan12

@Nickvas08 said...

I like dj. 4 out of his last 5 games are excellent for his price

• csandbizzle

@Nickvas08 said...

I will only disagree that he does not have a similar floor. Brook is counted on to score and he should do so at will. DJ just doesn’t have to score and there’s always the possibility he puts up a goose egg for points. Gameflow is huge for DJ If the clips can get up and they start fouling him he could be in for a massive day.

• TeHDruiD

@Nickvas08 said...

I like both guys tonight. I broke it down earlier and came up with this (for FD)

DeAndre Jordan

5x value (37.5 FP) – 27%
    6x value (45 FP) – 18%
    7x+ value (52.5 FP) – 9%

Robin Lopez

5x value (19 FP) – 35%
    6x value (22.8 FP) – 26%
    7x+ value (26.6 FP) – 13%

Really all depends on how risk adverse you are, or if you feel Jordan is by and far the best C option tonight for his price

Lopez doesn’t need many FP to hit 7x+ value. He’s not a great offensive player, but their are times he gets it going a little bit and can hit that range easily. Other nights (like last night for example) you wish he had never crossed your mind

Lopez is a safer player in all aspect, both cash and GPP, with Jordan obviously offering that 50+ point upside. I’ll have a little bit of both tonight for sure

• Agent47

@millerto said...

Man the shooting guard position on DK is just pathetic. It’s Jimmy Butler and then nobody. What are you guys doing?

I could be going nuts, but I kinda like McLemore at $3,700 DK in what should be a high-scoring game hopefully. Only needs about 20 fpts. to hit 6x, and starting SGs have been exceeding 20 fpts. regularly against the Knicks over the past few weeks. I ran a query on statmuse, and the only starting SG that didn’t have at least 25 fpts. against them was Rodney Hood. And the only stud SG they faced during that time was Harden. I could be reaching, but I think he might be worth throwing in a lineup or two.

• csandbizzle

@TeHDruiD said...

I like both guys tonight. I broke it down earlier and came up with this (for FD)

DeAndre Jordan

5x value (37.5 FP) – 27%
    6x value (45 FP) – 18%
    7x+ value (52.5 FP) – 9%

Robin Lopez

5x value (19 FP) – 35%
    6x value (22.8 FP) – 26%
    7x+ value (26.6 FP) – 13%

Really all depends on how risk adverse you are, or if you feel Jordan is by and far the best C option tonight for his price

Lopez doesn’t need many FP to hit 7x+ value. He’s not a great offensive player, but their are times he gets it going a little bit and can hit that range easily. Other nights (like last night for example) you wish he had never crossed your mind

Lopez is a safer player in all aspect, both cash and GPP, with Jordan obviously offering that 50+ point upside. I’ll have a little bit of both tonight for sure

I like the info but I believe he was talking about Brook Lopez

• ImADonk11

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #12

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone have any insight as to what is up with Serge? Looking at his last 10 games he hasn’t hit double digit boards in any and only once hit value. Seems like he is due for a breakout game but I guess not much to go around with Westy and KD , but still getting 30 minutes plus of run and can’t hit 10 rebounds seems crazy. Maybe I’m missing something but seems like last year he used to be a consistent play esp with the block threat he is.

• TeHDruiD

I personally like Belinelli tonight for cash, McLemore for GPP

5x value 48%, 6x value 35%, 7x+ value 4% (26.6 FP highest)

McLemore

5x value 17%, 6x value 13%, 7x+ value 4% (39.8 FP highest)

• hannea74

Question for the group. After chasing GPP glory with no luck for a few weeks I want to switch to cash games. Anyone know the difference in the average score to cash in double ups based on buy in? Wondering if it would be better to put one entry in the DK $25 double up or 5 identical entries in the $5. I assume the cash line gets higher as the buy in increases, but that’s purely an assumptions. Any input is appreciated.

• TeHDruiD

@csandbizzle said...

I like the info but I believe he was talking about Brook Lopez

Ah ok, I gotcha lol

• csandbizzle

@hannea74 said...

Question for the group. After chasing GPP glory with no luck for a few weeks I want to switch to cash games. Anyone know the difference in the average score to cash in double ups based on buy in? Wondering if it would be better to put one entry in the DK $25 double up or 5 identical entries in the $5. I assume the cash line gets higher as the buy in increases, but that’s purely an assumptions. Any input is appreciated.

The difference is pretty negligible at those levels if you ask me, but I don’t have raw data.

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

ugly day. I think we will see lots of similar lineups.

• mellofellowsu

@hannea74 said...

A few weeks? You’ve barely gotten your feet wet. Don’t give up so quickly on GPPs.

You only need one really good cash to sustain you for the entire season.

• TeHDruiD

Well hell, I broke down Brook too

5x value 24%, 6x value 5%, 7x+ value 0% (50.3 FD FP highest – against Drummond)

I just don’t like where his price is atm, just seems really hard for him to hit value. But Okafor can’t defend, so definitely see the upside with him, just scared off of his price a bit when I know Jordan has a higher upside at his price

I just watched the Celtics own the Bulls in the paint last night as well, so that’s still stuck in my mind a bit

• AdrianxBeatason

@hannea74 said...

I feel like the cash line is too similar for me to justify playing cash games. I think this is because a lot of the “pros” bread and butter is cash games and they inflate the cash line with multiple entries. Its usually been within a 10 point range between cash and gpp. Id rather have the large upside GPPs offer… just my 2 cents tho.

• Sportsfan12

Anybody playing okafor if he starts? Off the suspsension and a down game, low %?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).