Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( -1.5 ) at Charlotte ( 1.5 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 4 ) at Philadelphia ( -4 ) —- T: 205
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9 ) at Miami ( -9 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:00 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at Portland ( -9 ) —- T: 218.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

I think there are a lot of guys that are going to get moved in the next month or so. Could change the landscape of the league a little. For instance, imagine a team like the Celtics or Mavericks adding a Center.

You know teams like Cleveland, Knicks, Thunder, etc want to start dumping guys.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

@mbunner23 said...

Yeah, because there’s so much to talk about on this 4 game slate that hasn’t already been mentioned. If you don’t know who the plays on for tonight by now, there’s no hope for you. Ban, our gifs. Lets ban regular NBA talk too while were at it.

Gimme some home/road splits, deep dives into bench guys, give me it all! Side note…I was wondering why some of my GIFS haven’t been showing up…didn’t know they started cracking down on that.

• monarch

@frugal said...

You’re putting DAL and ATL with the same chances at a title? Wow. While DAL is absolutely over performing at the moment they are also raising the trade value of a couple of their players AND have several young guys with upside in Brunson and Jackson. Sure the West is tough as hell, I don’t think they have a chance this season despite their hot start but I think they are in a great place and maybe only 1 piece away from being a strong contender in the west in the next 3-5 years.

Yes…zero. I think they are a nice six seed in most years. The West is down this year…this probably represent their best chance and no way they are getting through LAL, HOU, LAC or DEN in my opinion. Its going to take Cuban some time but KP is not a championship player in my humble opinion. Luka is great but I think he is an accumulator…I don’t see him staring down say Kevin Durant in a seven game series and being the alpha.

• gaelicgirl

@Ace15 said...

Yeah, don’t think I want to get too cute tonight lol. Anyone else playing late night hammer in SKAL?

I’m kind of worried about the Blazers in general lately, but getting the Knicks on the front end of a B2B might be just what the doctor ordered to get them back on track.

• newzreview

@NoLimits0 said...

Well I’ve got Ish on cash and Herro in what I think will be slightly overweight in GPP.

C is hard but I think I’ll probably go with everyone else? Bam I’m guessing?

Going with Whiteside

• jwayne1976

Luka is in the midst of the greatest season by a 20 year old in NBA history by any statistical measure, and he’s leading a middling roster to a top four seed in the western conference. Comparing him to Trae Young, who is a fun novelty who doesn’t really contribute to winning (as wacky notes), is lazy, irrelevant and flat silly. The interesting question is where Luka ends up on the GOAT spectrum. If he keeps his current trajectory, the very top is not out of the question.

As for today, Jamal Murray going to go unowned, no? I want some.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Sure the West is tough as hell, I don’t think they have a chance this season despite their hot start but I think they are in a great place and maybe only 1 piece away from being a strong contender in the west in the next 3-5 years

Actually, this is the weakest I remember seeing the West in the last several years.

• Njsum1

@osuryanf said...

Wait! It was Njsum that went bananas when I called the Morant narrative in Charlotte a few weeks back… and he went off. Not you, NoLimits.. my bad!

But when it comes to Ish….

Haha…I don’t think I went bananas, I likely made a joke about his third cousins roommates dog being at the game so he was extra motivated.

Howeverrrr… morant didn’t go off…he had a very Morant type game against a bad team. And saw a few extra minutes then he had been seeing up until that point, as the game was close. He had some extra assists. Did him being from Charlotte make his teammates shoot better off his passes?

Charlotte is just a bad team, so morant played well. Narratives are fun to read and post about, yet most of the time utterly useless.

• monarch

@jwayne1976 said...

Luka is in the midst of the greatest season by a 20 year old in NBA history by any statistical measure, and he’s leading a middling roster to a top four seed in the western conference. Comparing him to Trae Young, who is a fun novelty who doesn’t really contribute to winning (as wacky notes), is lazy, irrelevant and flat silly. The interesting question is where Luka ends up on the GOAT spectrum. If he keeps his current trajectory, the very top is not out of the question.

Did someone do that?

• NoLimits0

The article doesn’t make sense.

If the Hawks GM was trying to create the Spash Brothers and Trae was Steph who was supposed to be Klay? Wouldn’t that have been Herro the best shooter in the draft? Or was Kevin Huerter supposed to be him?

• pyro2312000

More like 3

• frugal

@monarch said...

Yes…zero. I think they are a nice six seed in most years. The West is down this year…this probably represent their best chance and no way they are getting through LAL, HOU, LAC or DEN in my opinion. Its going to take Cuban some time but KP is not a championship player in my humble opinion. Luka is great but I think he is an accumulator…I don’t see him staring down say Kevin Durant in a seven game series and being the alpha.

I think it most likely DAL is a 1st round exit, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them have some playoff success given that:

They already beat HOU on the road, and I just don’t see the current incarnation doing anything in the playoffs.
    DAL beat LAL on the road and were literally an intentional foul away from beating them the first game (RC’s insistence of playing out a game when up by 3 instead of fouling drives me crazy)
    DAL beat DEN on the road. We think Jokic is going to be able to significantly improve his conditioning this season?

I think you’re dead wrong about Luka, you clearly haven’t watched him play much.

• NoLimits0

It’s sad that Trae will forever be compared to Luka as you can see above.

Even if Ayton and Bagley turn out to be not that good no one will talk about them as much.

• NoLimits0

Everyone knows Luka is way better than Trae but I think Trae can easily be a top 10 offensive player in this game in 1 year.

• monarch

@frugal said...

I think it most likely DAL is a 1st round exit, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them have some playoff success given that:

They already beat HOU on the road, and I just don’t see the current incarnation doing anything in the playoffs.
    DAL beat LAL on the road and were literally an intentional foul away from beating them the first game (RC’s insistence of playing out a game when up by 3 instead of fouling drives me crazy)
    DAL beat DEN on the road. We think Jokic is going to be able to significantly improve his conditioning this season?

I think you’re dead wrong about Luka, you clearly haven’t watched him play much.

I really like Luka. I think he is a MVP candidate. Russ Westbrook won two of them. I think being that we are on a DFS forum our perception of value is skewed. Everyone on here has a bias “towards” Luka because he makes them money. And the record is really good right now and he is a lot of fun…there are countless things to like. There is a giant leap from say Tracy McGrady to Kobe Bryant as well and I think that’s where I am at. He’s T-Mac caliber player, not Kobe or MJ.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

Believe me, Trae won’t be forever compared to Luka.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

And like Monarch just brought up, the Luka extrapolation is a huge question mark anyway. Obviously the foundation and first year are good, but so much of NBA legacy is dependent on situation, health, development, league environment, etc. Playing defense is usually key, too ;)

• JustDFSin

@jwayne1976 said...

The top spot is out unless he makes some all defensive teams

• frugal

@monarch said...

I really like Luka. I think he is a MVP candidate. Russ Westbrook won two of them. I think being that we are on a DFS forum our perception of value is skewed. Everyone on here has a bias “towards” Luka because he makes them money. And the record is really good right now and he is a lot of fun…there are countless things to like. There is a giant leap from say Tracy McGrady to Kobe Bryant as well and I think that’s where I am at. He’s T-Mac caliber player, not Kobe or MJ.

No, I’m a Mavs homer and watch every game, not speaking from a DFS perspective. There is no similarity between Luka’s and Westbrook’s games IMHO. I’m not one of those guys who’s going to compare him to all time greats from different eras as that is pointless due to rule changes and different approaches to the game. Again, you are showing that you’ve not really watched him play much and are trying to apply an assumption from scoreboard watching to him which is incorrect. If you’ve watched more than a game or 2 you would see that his court vision is next level. And he’s not scoring because of elite athleticism, it’s crafty handles and smart play combined with good decision making. And he’s 20…

• monarch

Anyone like Tobias Harris? He burns me every time but he’s a 1.05 FPPM player and he has been playing a ton in competitive games and has Will the Thrill trying to defend him tonight. Not an exciting option at 7k but I might like some

• biga0787

So with 4 games and ownership pretty well concentrated on first game is the play fading it and hoping for the best?

• HungryHungryHip

@biga0787 said...

So with 4 games and ownership pretty well concentrated on first game is the play fading it and hoping for the best?

Or playing it and getting the right players from other games correct…

• FunchessOfFun

@ppierce said...

Marvin Williams being out helps who?

MKG. Coach’s post game interview said he’s rolling him over Batum for now.

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

IT’s going to be nice sitting on top of the leaderboard after the first game. Lol. Smashspot for Hassan, but not sure if he can get there.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Actually, this is the weakest I remember seeing the West in the last several years.

Yeah, it’s pretty awful with so many teams that were predicted to be contenders just floundering right now

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler