7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3 ) at Orlando ( 3 ) —- T: 197.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 194
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3.5 ) at Memphis ( -3.5 ) —- T: 193.5
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -1 ) at Denver ( 1 ) —- T: 202
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2.5 ) at Utah ( 2.5 ) —- T: 204
    9:30 PM EST : Portland ( 4 ) at Phoenix ( -4 ) —- T: 209
    9:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 14.5 ) at San Antonio ( -14.5 ) —- T: 194

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/336393093

• teke1600

@millerto said...

Did Al Horford have his worst game of the season last night when I rostered him? Yup.

It’s crazy how many times I can do that.

Same here. I had Okafor in but then switched to Horford since I had enough $$ left. Saw Horford’s multiple 30+ fpt games and thought I was making a good pivot.

• millerto

@JSteele said...

Fun Fact of the day. Since New Orleans has gotten Evans back and their other injuries. They have not been the defensive doormat against opposing guards like they were in the beginning of the season.

Taking that information….

And this information:

Kendrick Perkins (pectoral) is officially probable to play Friday, John Reid of NOLA.com reports. (about 14 hours ago)

certainly changes a lot of my early thinking for today’s slate.

• rome9bc

If Klay is out Steph Curry usage goes through the roof tonight. Oh and if eh is out there goes one of their best defenders.

• mellofellowsu

@rome9bc said...

If Klay is out Steph Curry usage goes through the roof tonight. Oh and if eh is out there goes one of their best defenders.

It’s already pretty high. I think Dray and Iggy take some of that burden off of him.

• cccalloway

@Stickman731 said...

Do not forget David Lee – he may be the sleeper in this contest. I normally avoid BOS because of 12-13 people rotation – minutes = points and it is not predictable. In my opinion only good for GPP and you get lucky hitting the right guy which I think is Sullinger tonight.

No clue how lee sees many minutes tonight. Way too much of a defensive liability

• JSteele

Lee might want to stick it to his old team or something but I don’t really buy into the whole revenge game narrative unless you have a twin brother on the opposing team (See Marcus Morris against Phoenix)

• dominicanpapi

Chandler is expected to play tonight so there goes Len as a viable punt. It’s either pay up or go with Biyombo around that price range

• millerto

JR SmithOUT
    Shumpert – Activated

• teachmehowtocutty

Like a reggie jackson morris drummond stack against philly on fd. Blowout is a little bit of a worry but if its close they should all have solid games.

• JSteele

Another useful nugget of information. Over the past 3 weeks or so, Cleveland has been one of the worst defense against Point Guards. The worst game from a fantasy perspective over that time? Goran Dragic put up 31 DK Points against them in 31 minutes. The best? John Wall with 65.5. Other notable plays from that stretch of games? Jrue Holiday 32.5 in 25 minutes. Tyreke Evans 37.5 in 35 minutes. Damian Lillard 49.5 in 39 minutes. Kemba Walker 38 points in 35 minutes.

Tonight Cleveland plays Orlando and Elfrid Payton minutes are fairly secure considering the situation in Orlando. He fills up the stat sheet and is coming off a solid 40 point effort.

• WuChef1986

j.r. out shumpert in

• WuChef1986

@millerto said...

JR SmithOUT
    Shumpert – Activated

sorry didn’t see this before i posted it

• tyklops

Oladipoooooooo

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

O/U on how many players get Pop’d against the Fakers…

• jrydell15

@JSteele said...

I read a comment that high usage players do very well against Golden State despite the tough DvP just because of the pace of the play. This game is setting up to be a very fast pace and while I don’t think that Avery Bradley could stop Curry, Isaiah Thomas and his 28% usage rate with his guaranteed 30+ minutes at 7800 is a very strong play.

Here is a list of players that played 30+ minutes and had a usage rate of 28%+ against the Warriors and their fantasy outputs.

http://statm.us/e/V10pi0XBe

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@jrydell15 said...

Here is a list of players that played 30+ minutes and had a usage rate of 28%+ against the Warriors and their fantasy outputs.

http://statm.us/e/V10pi0XBe

I actually made that comment the other day in the NBA thread before PG13 put up 60 on DK, but I didn’t have the hard stats to post along with it, only anecdotal evidence. The caveat was that they were high effieciency also though.

It’s cool to see it be verified for the most part though apart from some off games by guys who are either slumping, or don’t really care to play basketball some nights (See: Harden).

• FPFootball

@WuChef1986 said...

sorry didn’t see this before i posted it

Does this make R. Jefferson an interesting punt play? Or stick with M. Dellavedova?

• millerto

@FPFootball said...

Does this make R. Jefferson and interesting punt play? Or stick with Delly?

You’re gonna have to hold off on that decision completely I’m afraid. I read somewhere that Kyrie might actually try to play, which erases all of your options pretty much. Sorry no sources on that. Don’t remember where it came from.

• millerto

Here ya go…..

Coach David Blatt said that there is a chance Irving (knee) could play on the Cavs’ road trip starting with Orlando on Friday, Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal reports. (about 21 hours ago)
    Data Provided By Rotowire

• jrydell15

@peachfuzz said...

I actually made that comment the other day in the NBA thread before PG13 put up 60 on DK, but I didn’t have the hard stats to post along with it, only anecdotal evidence. The caveat was that they were high effieciency also though.

It’s cool to see it be verified for the most part though apart from some off games by guys who are either slumping, or don’t really care to play basketball some nights (See: Harden).

I threw in the individual player’s offensive rating (basically the points per 100 possessions the player accounted for) for the games against the Warriors. You can either click the “ORTG” tab or go down in the table and sort by “ORTG”. Skinny Kyle Lowry and CP3 have absolutely destroyed the Warriors this season. Also Harden was 100% awful that game and just kept chunking up shots.

http://statm.us/e/Vk-CACmrg

• mellofellowsu

Lakers seem like a perfect team for someone like Danny Green to finally get out of his horrid slump. He’s getting the minutes. One of these games he’s bound to erupt.

• rome9bc

Kyrie is a great play tonight depending on how many minutes he gets.

• jrrawlins

Cavaliers’ head coach David Blatt said that Kyrie Irving will not play vs. the Magic on Friday.
    It was originally reported that Irving could return during their current road trip, so it’s possible that we could see him back in action on Tuesday vs. the Celtics. Irving’s owners won’t have to be patient too much longer, but for now we can expect to see a lot of Mo Williams and Matthew Dellavedova on Friday with J.R. Smith (illness) away from the team.
    Source: Chris Haynes on Twitter
    Dec 11 – 9:55 AM

• xHotLineBlingx

Brandon Knight will explode today. He’s been quiet lately I’m rostering him just incase. :)

• viciousphilpy

If Klay is out tonight, Brandon Rush?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).