• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 2.5 ) at Indiana ( -2.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( -1 ) at Miami ( 1 ) —- T: 205
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 8.5 ) at Toronto ( -8.5 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 14 ) at Houston ( -14 ) —- T: 227.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 9.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 217
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• zpa1989

even with all the nonsense tonight i still managed to break even. you know its rough when breaking even feels like a major win. im sure you guys know the feeling. LOL on to tomorrow.

• GETMONEYY43

298 put down 125 got back 18 that’s crazy

• WestCrook1

@GETMONEYY43 said...

298 put down 125 got back 18 that’s crazy

If you not hitting 300 on nights like this then yikes

• Manyak

how does someone go through the thought process of having Terrance Ross / jokic / finney / temple in the same lineup? I understand jokic and finney, but is that straight up luck?

• chronoxiong

@KRD227 said...

Played on FD for the 1st time in a week or so and did well (333) …broke a mini slump on yahoo for a nice profit. Kept going back and forth on yahoo between Jordan and Turner and unfortunately went with Jordan

You got 333 as well? My GPP lineup scored 333.30 and it was an amazing lineup. CP3/Collison/Harden/Matthews/H.Barnes/DFS/Jokic/Booker/Gortat. Got me to win $20 in the Shot and $5 in the Dribbler. Dorian Finney Smith was key for me was he was the lowest owned guy and got 9x for his price. Thank god I took the chance on after seeing his steady minutes and trending upwards production. Seriously wished I not played Gortat. The guy has no upside because everyone else on that Wizards team needs to get their stats. Other guys who I thought about in his range were Myles Turner and Mason Plumdog. And guess what both of them did? They got over 40 fdp. Darn. Oh well. I still have been only playing GPPs and no cash games. It’s been less stressful for me. One of these days I will play cash games again and hope to recoup a lot of the money I have lost. But tonight, I celebrate on how it feels like to win more money in a GPP.

• Tammy409

Just awoke to ‘Winning $98.09” only to refresh and see it go to “$7.77” with like $22 won two hours ago. I get that things change, but what seems shady to me is that the Contest likely in and then out of was a $50, 235-entry ‘Winner Take All” where I had as best as could tell a good chance of winning it (and apparently was) with Luol Deng (who seemingly topped 30 DK pts) in final game and others at top were only with one player as well and either an inferior player or a near insurmountable point deficit. I am not upset about losing the Winner Take All. What concerns me is that the Contest does not appear in my list of Current Contests nor my History. WHY? is my question for Draftkings… Has Anyone else seen there at buzzer, end of slate winnings change, often times during a period of ‘DK’s “Technical Difficulties” where screen cannot be accessed, see their winnings dwindle? I’m no conspiracy theorist and I realize it comes down to split hairs and whatnot, but why the pulled plugs and disappearing records?

On another note. My tossed-off NFL entry wasn’t as absurd as I thought. I’m up $8 on the Quarter and in like 600th of tens of thousands I think, but I wasn’t the only one to stack the entire NE Team. I think 3 other did as well. Sometimes stupid works.

• Tammy409

@Manyak said...

how does someone go through the thought process of having Terrance Ross / jokic / finney / temple in the same lineup? I understand jokic and finney, but is that straight up luck?

I just got up Tuesday A.M. and don’t know how everyone performed. I do know Jokic and Finney did as I had rostered them on DK’s and they’d played before I hit the sack, but Ross I’d never play and can’t imagine with the other value why anyone would have. PatPat or Carrol sure, but not ROss when Crabbe and Deng, et. al. were around for the same or less money. Temple I get if on Draftkiings and needed a $3000 and not a penny more G. He was getting 23-25 minutes a game consistently and about 20 points, making his only competition (again, had to be NO MORE than $3K, NOT $3.1K) Afflalo and maybe like Wesley Johnson at SG/SF, neither of who were as bankable. It wasn’t luck if he had a good game so much as best bet for the salary puzzle.

As for ‘In the Same Lineup”… Jokic was the best Center on the slate along with arguably Brook Lopez and Whiteside, so not sure I understand why he’s part of the question, but Finney STARTS and plays 30+ minutes a game for the past three weeks. He had a super high floor and could go nowhere but up. At $3100 he was CHalk. Temple for the reasons mentioned and was purely a “Min Salary Needed” play that made sense. Ross, I can assume was more then minimum and there are people that think he’s great for some reason. He isn’t bad. He’s priced to trap… always. No upside and they always want upwards of $4K for him.

• Tammy409

Best Lineups. Interesting that I had two with $15K in salary left that went for near 200. They looked normal enough so I guess I didn’t notice.

TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 286.75 ($1.5K leftover)
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 294.00
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 289.00
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 304.25
    TOTAL FANTASY POINTS: 317.25

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.