• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at Detroit ( -7 ) —- T: 208.5
    7:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at New York ( -3.5 ) —- T: 213
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( -3 ) at Brooklyn ( 3 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 4.5 ) at Sacramento ( -4.5 ) —- T: 209

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jglumsic

@frugal said...

With Mahinmi and Smith both GTD, absolutely. On Yahoo when he plays 20+ minutes he’s delivering.

Also thing to consider with the bigs rotation. Seems like Gortat doesnt see heavy 4th quarter mins still. So Scott will definitely be in play if those guys are out cause he will prolly close the game out.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@malickiville said...

He has had 71 dkp over his last 3 games, and his price just jumped 1.2k.

I’m not on him, but I can see why he is looked at.

Yeah, idk he just seems a little expensive, at least on DK.

Anyway, really hope Barea has a good game, got him 75% 0_0

• frugal

@kps3205s said...

Interesting. I use Rotowire and here’s what their info says:

https://www.rotowire.com/daily/nba/defense-vspos.php?site=DraftKings&statview=season&pos=PG

Here’s a fun little exercise. Select one of the other DFS sites and watch how the numbers change. DvP is a valid tool, but it is reliant on how a site categorizes a player and how that site scores.

• Petergunz82

@elving188 said...

Realistically, would anyone be talking about Mike Scott if he didn’t have a 32 burger last game?

I thought he would be 3500, I was surprised to see he was so expensive. Injuries/increased playing time, points per minute productivity and cupcake matchup vs BK

• frugal

@Petergunz82 said...

I thought he would be 3500, I was surprised to see he was so expensive. Injuries/increased playing time, points per minute productivity and cupcake matchup vs BK

Huh. Min salary on Yahoo. I haven’t created a DK lineup, but $4.4K would make me dig around and look at some other options.

• Njsum1

It’s funny how often on this thread all that is mentioned is cheap punts, yet the truly best plays on the slate aren’t mentioned. I dont know if it’s assumed that people know who they are or whatever, just find it to be a regular occurrence….carry on

• Petergunz82

@frugal said...

Huh. Min salary on Yahoo. I haven’t created a DK lineup, but $4.4K would make me dig around and look at some other options.

Exactly, could gamble on either Suns PG for that price

• Percsalert

@Njsum1 said...

It’s funny how often on this thread all that is mentioned is cheap punts, yet the truly best plays on the slate aren’t mentioned. I dont know if it’s assumed that people know who they are or whatever, just find it to be a regular occurrence….carry on

Who are the best plays on the slate? (Embiid Love Willy Cauley Stein bc they are all Qed up right??)

• RiskyBiscuits

@DirkDigglerz said...

Sneaky meat of the day Caris Levert and Aex Len if he plays lol

Did Caris LeVert come through for you the other day like he did for me with his 54 FDP game?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Who are the best plays on the board in your opinion that havent been mentioned?

Drummond, KP, Barea, Ball, Simmons, Towns, Butler have all been talked about. Plus countless others. People typically have more trouble figuring out the punt plays/value guys that have better chances than they do no brainers like those guys

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Did Caris LeVert come through for you the other day like he did for me with his 54 FDP game?

maaaaaaaan yeah! Won me a lot of dough as well

• GTRandy27

Mike James a safe play in cash games, or not with Ulis there?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@GTRandy27 said...

They’re never on the court together. But usually either one or the other has a good game, not both 0_0

He’s certainly not a safe cash game play, imo. More GPP

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

A Contrarian’s Guide: NBA Cash and Tournament Plays 12/12/2017
    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/a-contrarian-s-guide-nba-cash-and-tournament-plays-12-12-2017-2252899

Thinking I may fade Otto Porter. Locking in TJ Warren instead. SF seems just as hard as PG tonight.

• NoLimits0

@GTRandy27 said...

No. No Suns are safe.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

I’ve noticed that too. I think part of it is, as you said, people know who the obvious good plays are and see no need to discuss it. I definitely see the merit in discussing some off the radar punt plays that could make or break the line up, but some of the names that get brought up here and there just aren’t worth the risk. With that said I will not chase an obscure Mike Scott performance, that if he even gets 20+ minutes again tonight will likely result in a 6 or 7x type performance.

• lukemiller42

not one mention of lebron. with the previous 2 atlanta games being so close including cleveland losing at home last time vs them, im just gonna lock in the king

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@malickiville said...

Damn, did he all of a sudden get good at basketball?? haha He sucks soooo many nights, then has a night where it looks likes he’s improving his decision making and shots, then he goes back to sucking. Risky GPP ALL STAR for sure.

I’m not saying he’s a GOOD play. I’m saying If you can pick the right now, he is the ultimate GPP play. His range is 10-70 lol.

• zigger77

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Just because Jason smith has a little orange thing on DK doesn’t mean he’s a gtd. Look up Jason smith on twitter you’ll see a video of him dancing like 2/3 days ago.

• kps3205s

@frugal said...

Here’s a fun little exercise. Select one of the other DFS sites and watch how the numbers change. DvP is a valid tool, but it is reliant on how a site categorizes a player and how that site scores.

Just did it after reading your post and now it makes my minimal research and dreams of something beyond minimal cashing tonight FUBAR. Huge differences between the 2.

Damn DFS and all of these free research tools.

• zigger77

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@NoLimits0 said...

No. No Suns are safe.

Marquess chriss is safe for his 3 fouls a game. And this weird angry stare down he does.

• Njsum1

@Percsalert said...

Who are the best plays on the slate? (Embiid Love Willy Cauley Stein bc they are all Qed up right??)

I can’t mention the player I’m thinking of as it will jinx him, and right now I’m at 80%. Id love to share, yet I won’t mention it, cause he’ll lay an egg if I do. Normally when someone else mentions a super strong play that is overlooked I’ll post a comment agreeing. Yet I find if I bring it up, he lays an egg. I also could be wrong on the player I’m thinking about.

The reason I wrote the original post, aside from not seeing this players name mentioned, and he’ll probably be highly owned tonight anyway, is that there was very little talk of Vucevic over the last few games where I was like 70 percent on him, it just seemed like an obvious play, and maybe there was 1 or 2 posts mentioning him. Vuc was mentioned on some of the podcasts and shows just not discussed on this thread.

• RiskyBiscuits

@zigger77 said...

Jason smith isnt hurt I dont think. He just fell out of the rotation i believe.

Yeah, I’m not worried about him. Mahinmi is the variable I was working with.

• zigger77

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Yeah, I’m not worried about him. Mahinmi is the variable I was working with.

I think he sits, he was held out of practice yesterday and has had tons of knee issues. But they could have just been cautious yesterday.

• gaelicgirl

Avery Bradley probable but missed shootaround…Kevin Love listed as questionable but marked as probable…Joel Embiid GTD and participated in most of shootaround…Robert Covington GTD but missed shootaround and received treatment instead. After Draymond was listed probable all day yesterday and then didn’t play, it’s hard to trust any of these designations. With all of this uncertainty about who will even play and no late swap on either major site, it seems ridiculous to call NBA DFS a game of skill. It’s basically the lottery with names instead of numbers.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.