7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -2 ) at New Orleans ( 2 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9 ) at Dallas ( -9 ) —- T: 223
    9:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -2 ) at Sacramento ( 2 ) —- T: 228
    10:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• kbsktbll88

@RandysCrow said...

Melo & Gordon along with 1st rd this year and 2nd rd next year for Burks, Hood and Nance

That wouldn’t be a bad starting 5 for Houston CP3, Harden, Hood, Nance, Capella with Burks as the 6th man.

Yeah no thanks. Those bums aren’t worth mortgaging our future.

• Wooden_Bones

@kbsktbll88 said...

I’m guessing HOU is just going to flounder into offseason free agency. Butler was worth a shot earlier in the year, but I don’t know any big names they’ll realistically pursue during the season. But, you never know what team will decide to be a seller come January.

• bfwl3434

Looks like all the Celtics players are still out minus Kyrie which makes me not interested in anyone except Kryie. Theis makes some sense too I guess. I can see the Wiz playing some small ball with Markieff at the 5 and the C’s counter with someone like Semi Ojeleye which means Theis or Williams wouldn’t need to be on the court at the time.

• DfsBopBooth

Dinwiddie, nance, Cedi, core. I love Towns today but having trouble moving from embiid with no Jimmy B. Knicks gonna try to get Knox more time or Vonleh safe for 30 mins. Seems like a OKC/Pels stack is the way to go but so expensive, I’ll have some PG13 and Jrue. Sabonis is in a smash spot where Indy will need to score, his price is good, but mins trending down due to injury. Wish I knew if he was healthy

• RandysCrow

@kbsktbll88 said...

Hood might be a bum but I think Nance and Burks fits the team perfectly.

It’s not like the Rockets have a long window of availability. CP3 is getting old and is already injury prone.

Burks easily replaces Gordon and his role, plus I think is a better scorer and better with peripherals.

Burks also comes off the books after this year. So if he doesn’t work out, you have now got rid of Melo, Gordon and Burks contract opening up salary space to get a Bigger name FA to pair with Harden/CP3/Capella for a few years to extend the window.

Nance is a defensive upgrade and does shoot the three at times.

If it is the draft picks, perhaps Cleveland could send next years 2rd back.

• frugal

@bfwl3434 said...

Looks like all the Celtics players are still out minus Kyrie which makes me not interested in anyone except Kryie. Theis makes some sense too I guess. I can see the Wiz playing some small ball with Markieff at the 5 and the C’s counter with someone like Semi Ojeleye which means Theis or Williams wouldn’t need to be on the court at the time.

Kyrie + Marcus Morris. However, C’s have been destroying WAS

• feekdogg

Anyone have an insight on who Adams would primarily guard tonight (AD or Randle)?

• byo34

As much as I want to go from Westbrook to Kyrie, I just feel like this is one of those Kyrie 38 fantasy points and Celtics win by 12.

• RandysCrow

@feekdogg said...

Anyone have an insight on who Adams would primarily guard tonight (AD or Randle)?

I would assume Randle as Adams doesn’t like to be away from the basket much does he?

• Njsum1

@feekdogg said...

is grant big enough to guard AD? I don’t know? if Grant is on AD, id take my love of the grant play down a notch for foul concerns. Still 4100, imo is way too cheap for a PF versus NOP in a game the oddsmakers have high and tight, foul trouble or not

• kbsktbll88

@RandysCrow said...

Hood might be a bum but I think Nance and Burks fits the team perfectly.

It’s not like the Rockets have a long window of availability. CP3 is getting old and is already injury prone.

Burks easily replaces Gordon and his role, plus I think is a better scorer and better with peripherals.

Burks also comes off the books after this year. So if he doesn’t work out, you have now got rid of Melo, Gordon and Burks contract opening up salary space to get a Bigger name FA to pair with Harden/CP3/Capella for a few years to extend the window.

Nance is a defensive upgrade and does shoot the three at times.

If it is the draft picks, perhaps Cleveland could send next years 2rd back.

Hood is definitely a bum. Nance is an undersized big and a defensive liability that won’t help us in rebounding either. He can’t shoot the 3, and won’t help spread the floor at all. I don’t see what he brings to the table at all. Guys like him are a dying breed in the league. He’d basically be what Montrezl Harrell was for us, and it wasn’t working.

Burks doesn’t fit at all. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Gordon is playing bad this year, but he’s actually a very good fit for this team. He’s just horrible right now. Still wouldn’t take Burks over him though.

• colb24

any info on Mike Conley Jr ? hoping he sits.

• frugal

@RandysCrow said...

I would assume Randle as Adams doesn’t like to be away from the basket much does he?

This. The only man to man position matchup that really matters is C and when Randle plays with AD he is functionally the C and Davis the PF. However, when AD and Mirotic play together they run a ton of 5 out sets which draws C’s away from the paint.

• JSteele

Wall is back for the Wizards and they play much better at home. I don’t know that this game is a blowout. According to CourtIQ it looks like Kyrie loses a lot without the rest of his starters in the game but it is a small sample size of 40 minutes so it probably doesn’t mean a lot. Marcus Morris does gain the most though.

• Ace15

I think AD/PG/RWB has a shot to get you 200 pts. Anyone else feeling like rolling the dice. is 6.5X return for 3/5th your cap a decent return…

• Wooden_Bones

Is Jalen Brunson expected to get the start again, and 30+ minutes?

• JSteele

@Wooden_Bones said...

He should, DSJ is out again

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

Hood is definitely a bum. Nance is an undersized big and a defensive liability that won’t help us in rebounding either. He can’t shoot the 3, and won’t help spread the floor at all. I don’t see what he brings to the table at all. Guys like him are a dying breed in the league. He’d basically be what Montrezl Harrell was for us, and it wasn’t working.

Burks doesn’t fit at all. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Gordon is playing bad this year, but he’s actually a very good fit for this team. He’s just horrible right now. Still wouldn’t take Burks over him though.

What Houston needs is a tough 3&D wing like…Ariza. Ingles or Danny Green would also be fantastic fits. But being cash strapped, they’re going to have to groom one from their crop of guys or get very lucky in a cheap FA signing. I think they’re done this year, doubtful they’ll get interest from ring chasing vets with their current record.

• Njsum1

@byo34 said...

As much as I want to go from Westbrook to Kyrie, I just feel like this is one of those Kyrie 38 fantasy points and Celtics win by 12.

Seems like a Paul George Game. Massively underpriced on FD. although PG13 lets you down in good spots. Still the spot is PRIME.

Now that Im thinking Grant may have to guard AD, im a little worried, cause he’s prone to foul trouble. I still want above the field but maybe not triple the field, as my original plan.

PG13 has 0 concerns except him just throwing up a random dud. They don’t have anyone to guard him. Jrue might give westy a little trouble, not a ton, yet enough to keep him around 5x, centers just don’t go HAM against NOP. Grant, possible foul trouble. PG13, as long as he doesn’t decide, I want to suck tonight, is the great play from this game. Hell likely be a lower owned then he should as well.

• OysterPants

KAT loves playing against his Kentucky running mate, WCS.

Since last year vs Sacramento, KAT has done this (DK) –

Everyone is looking at Embiid vs Brooklyn. It may be worthwhile to take the slight discount and drop down to KAT. Hell, you could play both to really differentiate your lineup. I’ll probably be doing just that.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Seems like a Paul George Game. Massively underpriced on FD. although PG13 lets you down in good spots. Still the spot is PRIME.

Now that Im thinking Grant may have to guard AD, im a little worried, cause he’s prone to foul trouble. I still want above the field but maybe not triple the field, as my original plan.

PG13 has 0 concerns except him just throwing up a random dud. They don’t have anyone to guard him. Jrue might give westy a little trouble, not a ton, yet enough to keep him around 5x, centers just don’t go HAM against NOP. Grant, possible foul trouble. PG13, as long as he doesn’t decide, I want to suck tonight, is the great play from this game. Hell likely be a lower owned then he should as well.

Agree 100%.

• Njsum1

@Wooden_Bones said...

yeah but he’s only taking 9 shots per game, and hit 7 of 9 in the last 2 and still didn’t hit 30 dk points. he’s a good plug in guy you can feel safe for 5 to 7x at that 3800 price, yet I doubt he’s winning anyone the slate. He’s getting talked about too much IMO. He’s a very nice filler IMO, not a staple player. I could be wrong, yet thats my assessment.

• Ace15

@Njsum1 said...

yeah but he’s only taking 9 shots per game, and hit 7 of 9 in the last 2 and still didn’t hit 30 dk points. he’s a good plug in guy you can feel safe for 5 to 7x at that 3800 price, yet I doubt he’s winning anyone the slate. He’s getting talked about too much IMO. He’s a very nice filler IMO, not a staple player. I could be wrong, yet thats my assessment.

Yep, as I dig more into the slate, I don’t think he’ll be in the winning LU. Something about the Mavs just caps all of their players value lol

• dolphinkick182

@monarch said...

DK is saying they are verifying a stat discrepancy.

CJ McCollum was shorted a free throw by the official scorers. NBA changed the final score to 111/104.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Agree 100%.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).