Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 210
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -5 ) at Detroit ( 5 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Interested to see the line for San Antonio.
    I have them as the highest scoring team, edging out Dallas.
    If so, I fully expect Pop to figure out a way to screw with me, though he has calmed down compared to where he was at 2 years ago.

• Wooden_Bones

I’m not sure how you avoid playing Luka on a slate like tonight’s.

• dominicanpapi

D. Murray no longer has a minutes restriction, kinda want to play him on FD before they jack his price up.

Millsap is questionable, Grant makes perfect sense as a punt if Millsap is out. Porter Jr would also get more playing time.

• Ace15

Barton, Hayward bounce back (if out) lock in Jaylen Brown, Rose, Clarkson, and going back to Kevin Porter Jr. Had quite a bit of him in my LU’s yesterday on FD.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Wooden_Bones said...

I’m not sure how you avoid playing Luka on a slate like tonight’s.

My first run of lineups has Luka at 13%, but 74% on Unicorn.

To be honest, it also had both Jarrett Allen and Deandre Jordan heavy yesterday while having a complete fade of Harden…

• tmarohl

How come this thread is in the strategy forum rather than the NBA forum?

• frugal

Don’t know what to make of this slate. Been playing balanced a lot more lately but tonight wish it was a 6 with more value then I could try to squeeze in a Drummond, Embiid, Luka lineup.

• feekdogg

I’m tempted to keep throwing darts at Blake hoping he finally has a big game.
    Mostly because I’m stupid.

• queensfinest

kevin love possibly out tonight on 2nd night of a back to back? nance is only $4100

• Jeddy3

Is Horford really going to duck the Celtics?

• superjon

ESPN Article – What is wrong with Jokic?

I don’t know the answer, but I do know he’s now a lock for my single entry tonight.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/holidayhoops28268453/wrong-nikola-jokic-denver-nuggets-need-more-all-star-center

• Sleazygreazy

I mentioned this yesterday, and maybe I’m not remembering correctly…but, has FD ever posted slates this far in advance? Wednesday night, and the Friday slate was already available? I think that’s new. My issue with it is that this is just going to intensify the necessity and availability of chalk plays. Doesn’t make sense to me.

• Njsum1

Funny that when a slate doesn’t need discussing (yesterday) theres 7 pages of thread by this time.

This slate actually can use a discussion and there’s nothing. Here’s some early thoughts…

If Love misses (although I don’t think he will) you can play Cedi, Nance, and maybe Clarkson, even though Nance has been content standing around watching other people play basketball lately, yet 4100 is silly.

And I kinda like Ben Simmons even though the projections don’t.

Luka is not a lock, yet he’s not a fade either…imo. If love misses he becomes more of an overweight.. Yet right now I don’t see the value to go heavy. Especially when the mid range is solid and Embiid and Jokic not in terrible spots.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Sleazygreazy said...

I mentioned this yesterday, and maybe I’m not remembering correctly…but, has FD ever posted slates this far in advance? Wednesday night, and the Friday slate was already available? I think that’s new. My issue with it is that this is just going to intensify the necessity and availability of chalk plays. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Actually, posting it in advance will do nothing to intensity the chalk plays. The reason is we won’t have any idea on who is sitting/injured/sick until Friday. Given the Thursday slate is only 4 game and kind of gross, gives people a chance to shift their attention to Friday if they want.

• Sleazygreazy

@sochoice said...

Actually, posting it in advance will do nothing to intensity the chalk plays. The reason is we won’t have any idea on who is sitting/injured/sick until Friday. Given the Thursday slate is only 4 game and kind of gross, gives people a chance to shift their attention to Friday if they want.

Huh? It will make for more chalk plays. There is less time for them to adjust to injuries. Let’s say for example, all the PGs for LAC are out Friday, except Jerome Robinson at $3500. Had they waited until tonight to price the players after they had more injury information, they could have adjusted his price accordingly as the only healthy PG on the roster.

Posting the slate two days in advance will without a doubt create more chalk plays, I figured that was obvious

• sochoice

@Sleazygreazy said...

Huh? It will make for more chalk plays. There is less time for them to adjust to injuries. Let’s say for example, all the PGs for LAC are out Friday, except Jerome Robinson at $3500. Had they waited until tonight to price the players after they had more injury information, they could have adjusted his price accordingly as the only healthy PG on the roster.

Posting the slate two days in advance will without a doubt create more chalk plays, I figured that was obvious

Nope. Don’t think that is the case. And if you are fretting over a chalk Jerome Robinson, your Friday lineups are already sunk.

• kingsolobolo1

I know this is random but I’m pressed for Xmas cash so I’m selling my autographed lakers b ball I won off fanduel a few years ago https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spalding-NBA-Replica-Basketball-Autographed-by-2015-2016-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Tm-/312885163902 check it out if u like

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Funny that when a slate doesn’t need discussing (yesterday) theres 7 pages of thread by this time.

Because this is a pretty ugly slate.

• Sleazygreazy

@sochoice said...

Nope. Don’t think that is the case. And if you are fretting over a chalk Jerome Robinson, your Friday lineups are already sunk.

So it is your contention that extending the amount of time between slate pricing being posted and tip off does not create an increase in chalk plays?

• Petergunz82

@Njsum1 said...

This slate actually can use a discussion and there’s nothing. Here’s some early thoughts…

If Love misses (although I don’t think he will) you can play Cedi, Nance, and maybe Clarkson, even though Nance has been content standing around watching other people play basketball lately, yet 4100 is silly.

And I kinda like Ben Simmons even though the projections don’t.

Luka is not a lock, yet he’s not a fade either…imo. If love misses he becomes more of an overweight.. Yet right now I don’t see the value to go heavy. Especially when the mid range is solid and Embiid and Jokic not in terrible spots.

Simmons always a trip dub threat and has 60 pt upside…decent price of 7600 DK

• Devmacsoom

Ok if Marcus Smart is out again, Hayward flunks, who does that leave Wanamaker ? Kemba jacking up shots w Ben Simmons guarding and kemba plays harden defense.

• sochoice

@Sleazygreazy said...

So it is your contention that extending the amount of time between slate pricing being posted and tip off does not create an increase in chalk plays?

In this specific case it does not. We have very little injury news to deal with from yesterday’s games that will matter tomorrow. And if any Philly guys (only team playing a back-to-back tonight and tomorrow) get hurt or are rested tomorrow, they will have already been priced for the slate, so that has no impact on them. Your argument could be valid for some other future slate, just not Friday’s.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Because this is a pretty ugly slate.

That’s why it needs a discussion…yet it’s not really ugly….4 games is a good size and only one of the games has a blowout spread.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

That’s why it needs a discussion…yet it’s not really ugly….4 games is a good size and only one of the games has a blowout spread.

4 games is a good size, just ugly IMHO due to slower paced teams facing off plus the weird game in Mexico City.

EDIT: Just ran my projections and…looks like a lower scoring night for sure.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

4 games is a good size, just ugly IMHO due to slower paced teams facing off plus the weird game in Mexico City.

Ah…didn’t know mav-pistons wasn’t in Detroit

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.