Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 210
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -5 ) at Detroit ( 5 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BBWC_10

I knew someone would go off with Luka tonight, I went THJ who was awful. Should of went Curry with Wright being out. At least I didn’t play the pig Blake.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@Barnabus said...

I’m a moron for playing JJ

I played some JJ and Boban. Just need Murray and Barton to get my main lineup across the finish line and I’ll be good on DK

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #65

RG Tiered Ranking

I didn’t feel good with all the Whanamaker so I went with some JJ Barea because I wanted the experience of having two DNP in a row after Pat C yesterday…. very cool to see Seth Curry go for
    50… really awesome… can’t wait for MLB to start again to regain some sanity

• yisman

wanamaker was a big RG play

I was uncertain about it but went with it

and paid the price

• yisman

unbelievable

just lost Portland +1.5 third quarter as Denver goes on an 11-0 run to close out the quarter after it looked like Portland had it easily. why do I even watch this crap…

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Having like 70% Jerami Grant working out. Pretty straightforward play vs. Blazers.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Brad Wannamaker’s claim to fame is getting destroyed by a 18 year old Luka over and over again in Euro lol.

• tmarohl

Joker still sucks. Even after ESPN called him out.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Wait Wannamaker was seriously 30% owned and like 60% owned in cash?

Lol I barely played any lineups due to time, but I had 0% Wannamaker across all my lineups, I woulda easily cashed cash games too bad I didn’t have time.

Not sure what’s so great about Wannamaker. If you want to play any Celtics bench guard (which you shouldn’t), you obviously play Carsen Edwards who’s legit got Jordan Clarkson upside.

Carsen Edwards is like 10x the player Brad Wannamaker is, the day Kemba and Smart are both out, Edwards can easily drop 20 real points.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Wait Wannamaker was seriously 30% owned and like 60% owned in cash?

Lol I barely played any lineups due to time, but I had 0% Wannamaker across all my lineups, I woulda easily cashed cash games too bad I didn’t have time.

Not sure what’s so great about Wannamaker. If you want to play any Celtics bench guard (which you shouldn’t), you obviously play Carsen Edwards who’s legit got Jordan Clarkson upside.

Carsen Edwards is like 10x the player Brad Wannamaker is, the day Kemba and Smart are both out, Edwards can easily drop 20 real points.

Yeah, I had to set LineupHQ to 3% for him because he was being kicked out as the best play of the board. I know in a good game he will get 19 and in an average game he will get 5.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, I had to set LineupHQ to 3% for him because he was being kicked out as the best play of the board. I know in a good game he will get 19 and in an average game he will get 5.

Lol I’m glad so many people just literally use the optimizer projections. I spent literally 10 minutes hand building lineups from 6:50 – 7 (so obvioulsy did not have Wannamaker since he never crossed my mind), and just did all Embiid/Scott/Grant and mixed in guards…unfortunently missed out on Love > Porzingis on my best team which is near the top of the 4 point play. But overall pretty happy for the return doing everything in 10 mins by hand.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Sixers should ship Simmons to the Kings for Buddy Hield. Sixers would be so much better…have Richardson play his natural PG position, Buddy can shoot it and space it for Embiid, who will be the focal point.

Kings can play Simmons at PF and Bagley at C, as PF/small ball C is Simmons’ natural position anyways (he should be utalized the way Magic Johnson was in the 1980 Finals Game 6 or how Draymond Green was been used the last 5 years with Warriors). Kings best bench player is Bogdanovic, and he can just directly replace Hield so they don’t lose that much.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

Sixers should ship Simmons to the Kings for Buddy Hield. Sixers would be so much better…have Richardson play his natural PG position, Buddy can shoot it and space it for Embiid, who will be the focal point.

Kings can play Simmons at PF and Bagley at C, as PF/small ball C is Simmons’ natural position anyways (he should be utalized the way Magic Johnson was in the 1980 Finals Game 6 or how Draymond Green was been used the last 5 years with Warriors). Kings best bench player is Bogdanovic, and he can just directly replace Hield so they don’t lose that much.

Interesting concept, but I don’t see that happening.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Interesting concept, but I don’t see that happening.

Simmons has been playing the wrong position his entire life.

There is really no big difference between him and Draymond Green. Simmons really is a PF/small ball C who can handle the ball (like Draymond). Like Draymond, Simmons’s real value is on defense (where he is very good), and like Draymond, he can’t shoot (although Draymond is better).

In a championship team, Simmons has to be like Draymond Green. Only on bad teams can Simmons play PG (which is what Draymond is doing with Warriors this year when Russell is out).

There really is no differene between the two. I don’t understand how no one else sees this. Simmons is more suited to play the modern small ball C than PG.

• JustDFSin

@Unico10 said...

I didn’t feel good with all the Whanamaker so I went with some JJ Barea because I wanted the experience of having two DNP in a row after Pat C yesterday…. very cool to see Seth Curry go for
    50… really awesome… can’t wait for MLB to start again to regain some sanity

Did you read the post about JJ Barea being a spokesperson in Mexico and buy into that narrative? That guy who wrote that post sod that narrative like a car salesman

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Wow Panda’s going to LOVE tomorrow’s slate. I already know who he’s going 100% of.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@JustDFSin said...

Did you read the post about JJ Barea being a spokesperson in Mexico and buy into that narrative? That guy who wrote that post sod that narrative like a car salesman

I’m confused JJ is from Puerto Rico. They do speak the same language though but not sure that translates. That’s like saying Luol Deng is the official spokesperson for Canada.

• SkateFiend

NBA is just WILDLY unpredictable outside of the absolute stud tier. This slate was like Brexit vote. It was essentially over after about the first hour or so, and anything that happened afterwards really didn’t matter to 80-90% of the field whose fate was sealed at that point. If duds like Tristan Thompson and THJ semi recovered and coughed up 20-28 fantasy points, some people may have min cashed.

And now we must reckon with another disturbing trend in the NBA – production trickling or coming to a near standstill when your remaining players start the second hhalf. You have 4 players remaining and the lineup 20-30 points or so away from cashline and you think you’ll JUST make it. And you don’t. Because someone like RJ Barrett will just not play. A center who appeared to have a good first half suddenly yields to someone who doesn’t do anything. Good players are left on the bench with like 2 mins left in a really close game.

I retreated to quarter games last year and did somewhat ok, and now even those contests aren’t safe. I had to quit fantasydraft because trains there were becoming too much. NBA is becoming unsuitable for DFS purposes, at least for casuals. One wrong move, and you’re dead. Just one. That doesn’t happen in MLB and NHL, at least not as much. And one wrong move in NBA is like getting 25 points from TJ Warren. If everyone else averaged 35 points, you’e still dead.

I hope DFS sites evolve on NBA contests as it increasingly becomes studs and duds. The real game is studs and duds. Most good teams have 2,3 superstars and punt the C, SF or SG position completely. Lakers have Green and KCP on the wings, and predicting when they’ll go off is a total crapshoot.

• dw12290

Can’t seem to cash in NBA anymore. Time to think about giving up because there’s just to many options to choose and the only way to try and make it work is to play as many LU’s as possible to try and cover all the options but even then you could find yourself leaving out the one or two players you overlooked or thought would do nothing.

Its just to much work for something that I use to enjoy playing.

• CJtheGrump

This was an interesting slate. I had a tough time with value, and my experience is I usually get burned when I try to fit in too many cheap plays. Last night, several cheap plays did basically what you want the cheap plays to do.

Theis, Scott, Kanter, and Monte Morris were all fine plays, but Seth Curry came out of nowhere. I didn’t see a peep about him from anyone before game-time, (admittedly, I was not in the forum much yesterday so he was mentioned here, I missed it) and he absolutely destroyed his price tag.

Dejounte Murray – looks like the minutes talk is just “coach speak” with his 17 minutes, but he almost 5x-ed his price tag anyway. Disappointing because on a per-minute basis he was incredible. Spurs guards are like Pats Running Backs. Someone’s going to be fine, but you won’t know who until it’s over.

With Embiid, Drum, and Jokic all on the slate, I had a tough time picking because Jokic’s been a bit better lately, but he doesn’t pay off his price tag very often, even though he’s capable of the occasional slate-breaker.

• Njsum1

@CJtheGrump said...

Dejounte Murray – looks like the minutes talk is just “coach speak” with his 17 minutes, but he almost 5x-ed his price tag anyway. Disappointing because on a per-minute basis he was incredible. Spurs guards are like Pats Running Backs. Someone’s going to be fine, but you won’t know who until it’s over.

Pop never said he was getting 30 minutes per game. That’s what people misinterpreted. He said he didn’t have a minutes limit. He played 30 minutes the prior game cause it was an OT game and because of game flow. Patty mills also played 33 minutes that game. All pops comment meant was that if the game flow was right he won’t pull him after 25 minutes. Yet he’s a second unit guard. Pop never said his role was expanding. Essentially he said, on some nights, if he’s hot, I’ll leave him in longer.

DFS players wanted it to mean more, yet I posted twice that his minutes were unlikley to rise, as did a few other posters.

• Njsum1

@SkateFiend said...

NBA is becoming unsuitable for DFS purposes, at least for casuals. One wrong move, and you’re dead. Just one. That doesn’t happen in MLB and NHL, at least not as much

This is just personal preference. You’re probably just better at MLB than NBA.

IMO, mlb is much much more difficult and unpredictable. Some well known pros even stopped playing due to the randomness of homers. And while one wrong move won’t sink you in MLB, (unless the wrong move is a pitcher) it’s become a game of if you don’t have the player with the random 3 homer night, you either weren’t cashing or weren’t cashing well. 🤷‍♂️

• gaelicgirl

Cashed for $5 in the small after hours Block last night with a POR/DEN game stack + Luka. That was a nice surprise when I got home at 5:10 this morning (new job). I’m going to sleep now

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Cashed for $5 in the small after hours Block last night with a POR/DEN game stack + Luka. That was a nice surprise when I got home at 5:10 this morning (new job). I’m going to sleep now

Congrats and congrats (on the new job)!🐶

• CJtheGrump

@Njsum1 said...

Pop never said he was getting 30 minutes per game. That’s what people misinterpreted. He said he didn’t have a minutes limit. He played 30 minutes the prior game cause it was an OT game and because of game flow. Patty mills also played 33 minutes that game. All pops comment meant was that if the game flow was right he won’t pull him after 25 minutes. Yet he’s a second unit guard. Pop never said his role was expanding. Essentially he said, on some nights, if he’s hot, I’ll leave him in longer.

DFS players wanted it to mean more, yet I posted twice that his minutes were unlikley to rise, as did a few other posters.

FWIW, last night was an OT game too.

Is that not what “coach speak” is? Some vaguery from the HC that we DFSers jump on and run with sometimes? Over the last 3 or 4 years playing DFS NBA, the Spurs have been a team I tend to avoid, but I will take a shot on one or two from time to time. Usually when Pop has no choice but to play someone.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler