7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Indiana ( -1.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: 195.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -11.5 ) at Phoenix ( 11.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    9:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 12.5 ) at Houston ( -12.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BBWC_10

How about Troy Daniels 3.8K puts up 41Fpts. The same as Harden at 11.6K…Unreal

• zigger77

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Yea as I was saying earlier, D’Antoni has the strictest rotation pattern in the NBA (aside from maybe Thibs). I’ve seen situations where like Ryan Anderson starts off really hot and then he gets subbed out simply because that’s his time to rest. I’ve seen situations where they are on a 10-0 run and he calls a timeout because it’s time to sub players in and out. I’ve seen situations where James Harden gets 2 fouls in the first, and he just leaves him in and subs him out whenever he is supposed to be subbed out.

So you can kind of know exactly when each player is playing and not playing up until the final 3-5 mins of the 4th in a blowout. In those minutes 3-5 mins, he’ll give like Zhou Qi, Bobby Brown, and others some run, but up until then, he follows his rotation patterns like a Bible.

This rotation pattern probably buys them an extra 3-5 wins a year. Could be a big deal if they want to get the #1 seed in the West.

Too bad coaches like Vogel have no idea what they are doing and play Russian Roulette with his rotations.

Oh yeah I love coaches like that. And players do too. Players want conistency. I mean coaches like walton last year who legit just rode the hot hand each and everygame and you couldnt project minutes to save your fuckin life.

• Moszman

Learning process on cash games, tonight I learned don’t play Williams with healthy Batum and avoid M.Gasol until Conley returns. 304.9 last night cashed tonight 304.7 no cash. Also small group needing a couple more to play NFL on Sunday and NBA on Wednesday for right now, thanks.

• zigger77

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@scott33 said...

He is in the $2 single entry FD GPP winning lineup. Just saying.

LET HIM KNOW SCOTT

• thetitanlb

Hezonja and Harrrison going off like they did were just complete anomalies. Can’t believe those 2 guys were so high owned. They have shown to be complet bums when given chances before. There were other safer punt options that of course ended up meh. Smh

• ASalvaro

man to think if i switch CJ Miles for Troy Daniels at the same price i take 2nd in the late snack for $10,000
    but Troy never entered my mind

• superstars92

@zigger77 said...

Oh yeah I love coaches like that. And players do too. Players want conistency. I mean coaches like walton last year who legit just rode the hot hand each and everygame and you couldnt project minutes to save your fuckin life.

Yea and the great thing D’Antoni did was how he staggers Harden/CP3. It’s actually a great way to get the most out of his players. He also staggers Capela/Nene the same way. He also staggers the wing players Gordon/Ariza/Tucker/Anderson/Mbah Moute too so that he maintains almost the optimal team at all times while still giving all his players the proper rest and a consistent substitution pattern.

The Hornets coach can learn, but I’m sure he won’t. That’s why his starters were good today, but his bench sucked so badly. When you bring all 5 bench players in together that usually happens. D’Antoni would never do that as he always keeps Harden/CP3 on and at least 2 starters so he’s always playing with a good unit.

• malickiville

@superstars92 said...

Overall bad day for me, but I’ll get it back tomorrow. Was doing well last 2 weeks until today, but I’m loving tomorrow’s 5 game slate. 5 games are the best. Not 2-3 so not so random but not 9+ so you don’t have to process as much info. Benefits me seeing I start the lineups at 6.

Let’s tear it up tomorrow man, I’ll hit you up. First glance I love Ingram tomorrow, and I will probably be 100% LBJ, please talk me off of him.

• zigger77

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@thetitanlb said...

Hezonja and Harrrison going off like they did were just complete anomalies. Can’t believe those 2 guys were so high owned. They have shown to be complet bums when given chances before. There were other safer punt options that of course ended up meh. Smh

Surprisingly harrison averages like 34 per 36 with tyreke/conley off the floor. Him playing the point is sooooooooo much more valuble than him playing the 2 because he cant shoot.

• mrbusinesz

Lost $5 because of stat correction

• zigger77

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Yea and the great thing D’Antoni did was how he staggers Harden/CP3. It’s actually a great way to get the most out of his players. He also staggers Capela/Nene the same way. He also staggers the wing players Gordon/Ariza/Tucker/Anderson/Mbah Moute too so that he maintains almost the optimal team at all times while still giving all his players the proper rest and a consistent substitution pattern.

The Hornets coach can learn, but I’m sure he won’t. That’s why his starters were good today, but his bench sucked so badly. When you bring all 5 bench players in together that usually happens. D’Antoni would never do that as he always keeps Harden/CP3 on and at least 2 starters so he’s always playing with a good unit.

I mean comparing harden/cp3 to batum/kemba is just not compareable at all. Like if you have 2 clear superstars then sure.

• malickiville

@thetitanlb said...

Mario has shown it before, but last game he had foul trouble as I had him. I didn’t take him tonight only due to trying to stick to a smaller core group of players, but honestly am not surprised, he has shown that ability before. He’s not good enough to do it for 82 games, but in spots he can light it up.

Sucks bro, I feel the pain man, trust me

• zigger77

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

@malickiville said...

Mario has shown it before, but last game he had foul trouble as I had him. I didn’t take him tonight only due to trying to stick to a smaller core group of players, but honestly am not surprised, he has shown that ability before. He’s not good enough to do it for 82 games, but in spots he can light it up.

The fuckin BLOCKS THO

• Alphamed

Doubled my entries… could have been a great night if Paul George didn’t dud again. Solid week so far, lets get it tomorrow

• tmarohl

About the only thing I got right tonight was don’t play Rondo.

• superstars92

@zigger77 said...

I mean comparing harden/cp3 to batum/kemba is just not compareable at all. Like if you have 2 clear superstars then sure.

No but I mean when Paul wasn’t starting, it was also Harden/Gordon with the same staggering. It’s just your two best players, regardless of how good they are. GS does the same thing in how they split up their stars. Now that Draymond and Steph are both out, you can see that with KD/Klay on how they stagger. Portland does the same with Dame/CJ. I believe Pelicans do that with AD/Cousins, Bucks do that with Bledsoe/Middleton/Giannis (so a 3 man stagger where at least 1 is on the floor).

You just absolutely cannot leave 5 bench players in together, unless you have like a Lou Williams/DWade off the bench, which many Charlotte and Orlando don’t. Only teams that don’t want to make the playoffs do that.

It obviously helps if both of your players are elite (like Paul/Harden), but even if they are decent (which Kemba and Batum are), you can do that and at least get like maybe 2-3 extra points a game, which is a big deal over the long run. Also, doesn’t just have to be Kemba/Batum. You can stagger like MKG/Marvin/Lamb like how Houston staggers Ariza/Anderson/Tucker/Mbah Moute, all 4 of which aren’t stars.

This staggering also prevents you from having to play scrubs like Traveon Graham and Johnny O’Bryant. Hence why Houston has like a 9 man rotation but Charlotte has like a 11 man rotation.

• DirkDigglerz

@scott33 said...

He is in the $2 single entry FD GPP winning lineup. Just saying.

I still think he’s an awful choice to start a lineup

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

should have played my late slate lineups in the main slate….

• superstars92

Anyways tomorrow I guess it’s if you want to play KP or not. He decides the slate for me.

• tmarohl

@walkoff9 said...

should have played my late slate lineups in the main slate….

You should do that almost every night anyway.

• thetitanlb

@malickiville said...

Hezonja only played 3 more minutes this game than last….I guess our opinions on his skill level is different. One thing is for sure though, this was the. Eat game of his career by far

• scott33

@DirkDigglerz said...

LOL

• jbartel86

Anyone know the winning score of the $180 buy in on dk?

• SkateFiend

If have to guess playing time and role for players who (for all intents and purposes) should be starting consistently, then NBA really does become gambling.

Why are the Nuggets juggling playing between Faried and Plumlee? Faried only played 16 minutes even though Jokic and Barton were out. Why are the Suns bigs (Greg Monroe is perfectly serviceable for a decimated team) taking turns sitting on the bench? I decided to stick with Plumlee and Lyles even though Jokic was supposed to be back, because I’m starting to anticipate this kind of stunt.

We’re supposed to chase minutes and usage, but some coaches just won’t allow some players to fly when given the opportunity.

• malickiville

@thetitanlb said...

Hezonja only played 3 more minutes this game than last….I guess our opinions on his skill level is different. One thing is for sure though, this was the. Eat game of his career by far

FWIW…within the last year or so he had a 43.8 game, tonight was 41.8, he’s also had 35.8 and then 24.8 when he goes over 35 minutes. Trust me man, not saying he’s a star or consistent, just that he has shown a pretty good ceiling. That’s the last 4, actually only 4 I found that he’s over 35 mins, but still is about a 36 to 37 dkp avg if over 35mins. He has also had many games in the past 2 years in the 23-29fp range, like 10+ games.

I get 100% what you are saying, as he could have made me money tonight too, but this isn’t like Nick Collison just went for 41 dkp,that would be shocking. I’m no pro by any means man, so only giving you another take on it. I use statmuse a lot (only lately, but it has helped), and I type in “name highest dkp game logs all time” and see if a guy has ever had a ceiling game before or not.

Hope it helps a little man, as I am on here trying to get better too.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).