7:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 1.5 ) at Indiana ( -1.5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Portland ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at Chicago ( 4 ) —- T: 195.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -11.5 ) at Phoenix ( 11.5 ) —- T: 217.5
    9:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 12.5 ) at Houston ( -12.5 ) —- T: 220

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

With Nicolas Batum probably starting, I cannot identify a single value pick from today’s slate….this is a problem so I guess it’s gonna be purely picking based on how well you think players will do since there aren’t any obvious picks.

I have some interest in Batum now at his price…He’s not exactly value but he is rested and in the same position Moore and Holiday were in two days ago…plus Charlotte swept Houston last season and they will be funneling work to the wings with CP3.

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

@elving188 said...

imo, you gotta pay up at C today. Or it’s the best option. You got Vuc then Howard for a few hundred cheaper and then Gasol & Turner at 8.1k (FD) I think all fine plays. I’d rather pay up for Vuc from Howard just because Gordon/Fournier are out and he’ll see a big bump in usage. See past few games without them.

Howard vs old team, doesn’t like Harden, narrative street. errr. But he’s gotta share with Kemba, Batum, Lamb, MKG, Williams, whoever else gets usage if they’re on the floor together. BUT HOU shoots a ton so there will be a ton of rebounds to be had. That’s a plus for Howard, naturally.

It’s a tough choice on FD 0_o

How do you determine which position to pay up for? For me tonight it is SF and PF. On FD I think ABC will go lowly owned because of his price, RWB, Harden, Boogie, AD are all available, lots of people will be going with PG, Simmons, and Chandler at SF. Another weak position and probably low owned player will be AD. He is the only high priced PF available so I think many will try to save money at this position as there are many lo dollar players available at 5k or less but all carry big risk. Thinking of starting teams with ABC and AD as they will be low owned and both are in good spots to hit 70 FD points. AD has showed he is capable of putting up big games with Boogie, Jrue and Rondo all playing.

• americanpaleale

@zigger77 said...

Deandre is a bit tougher but he’s overrated. My big issue is the price.

14 ppg and 12 rpg in 9 career games vs Jordan

• superstars92

@monarch said...

Looks like we discovered this early enough in the day but instead of chalk Vuc at 8.8k, what about DeAndre at 7.3k? DeAndre should limit Vuc’s ceiling with his defense and will have little to zero competition on the boards. I can see where he is a better play point per dollar tonight.

Yea I can see that. People might stack C/Util like that for the game stack in tonight’s game.

However, I don’t know about DeAndre’s defense…he’s an elite shot blocker, but that’s about it. JoVal had his best game of the season vs. him last game (he was so good Casey couldn’t even bench him), and usually DJ isn’t too good at guarding bigger Cs (Towns too a few nights ago). He’s an elite shot blocker/rebounder though.

Depends on how Vuc plays I guess. If Vuc plays finese, maybe DJ does a great job stopping him.

• tmarohl

@FunchessOfFun said...

Fair enough. I’m a 20 lineup guy, and respect your opinion. Will probably limit my exposure to 50%. I’m willing to take that risk at his price.

The Bucks team defense has improved by around 12 points per game since Bledsoe was acquired.

• IronheadBAM

@monarch said...

Looks like we discovered this early enough in the day but instead of chalk Vuc at 8.8k, what about DeAndre at 7.3k? DeAndre should limit Vuc’s ceiling with his defense and will have little to zero competition on the boards. I can see where he is a better play point per dollar tonight.

I’m so back and forth, love em both, wish they were in different games\similar spots. I’m no help….

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@superstars92 said...

With Nicolas Batum probably starting, I cannot identify a single value pick from today’s slate….this is a problem so I guess it’s gonna be purely picking based on how well you think players will do since there aren’t any obvious picks.

You dont like baynes?

• zigger77

@DirkDigglerz said...

Looks like Jonathan Simmons is a clear fade to me that price though

Not sure how high owned he’ll be. He was like 17% last game when he off finally. But look at that roster. Elf/Augustin/Mack/iwindu/Simmons/hezonja/ artis who got called up from the g league. I mean what guard actually shoots? Vuc has the toughest matchup of the bunch but someone needs to shoot.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

A Contrarian’s Guide: NBA Cash and Tournament Plays 12/13/2017
    https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/a-contrarian-s-guide-nba-cash-and-tournament-plays-12-13-2017-2255242

More information for today’s slate. Running out 10 DK lineups for the day. Feeback/Debates always welcomed guys :)

@tmarohl… yes the bucks have improved defensively, against all positions since the start of the year (Center included)

ttyl guys. I’ll be around close to lock.

• Dicklington

Anyone have insight as to why Dekker got more minutes than Wes Johnson last time out? Expect it again?

• superstars92

@monarch said...

I have some interest in Batum now at his price…He’s not exactly value but he is rested and in the same position Moore and Holiday were in two days ago…plus Charlotte swept Houston last season and they will be funneling work to the wings with CP3.

Well since he’ll be getting Tommy John Surgery in a few months now, I don’t think I can choose him.

His shooting form is completely off because of that elbow injury, and it also hurts him when passing the ball/deflecting the ball on defense for steals and blocks.

The stats support the fundamental fact here in that his elbow is a serious issue for him this season. His shooting % is at a career low and it’s not even close.

He’s got massive upside though if he could ever make a shot due to his triple double upside….but I don’t want to risk it with his elbow issue.

• dolphinkick182

Last night I learned 2 very unfortunate yet valuable life lessons:

1. Laundry detergent is not a good alternative to use in your dishwasher when you run out of dishwasher soap.
    2. Plunking down a lot of money on a subpar player (Gortat) just because someone being out should get him more minutes…coughBaynescough

Both resulted in a lot for floor mopping.

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

Yea I can see that. People might stack C/Util like that for the game stack in tonight’s game.

However, I don’t know about DeAndre’s defense…he’s an elite shot blocker, but that’s about it. JoVal had his best game of the season vs. him last game (he was so good Casey couldn’t even bench him), and usually DJ isn’t too good at guarding bigger Cs (Towns too a few nights ago). He’s an elite shot blocker/rebounder though.

Depends on how Vuc plays I guess. If Vuc plays finese, maybe DJ does a great job stopping him.

At the very least he will eat into his rebounds… Vuc won’t be playing volleyball as much over the back of a Plumlee or Cavanaugh. I like playing DeAndre with Lou because he’s going to be blowing by Elf all night which will cause Vuc to be out of position.

• zigger77

@dolphinkick182 said...

1. Laundry detergent is not a good alternative to use in your dishwasher when you run out of dishwasher soap.
    2. Plunking down a lot of money on a subpar player (Gortat) just because someone being out should get him more minutes…coughBaynescough

Number 1 how the fuck did you think that was a good idea? And number 2 gortat got 18 minutes so it was solely down to brooks.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@Dicklington said...

Anyone have insight as to why Dekker got more minutes than Wes Johnson last time out? Expect it again?

wes johnson shooting has been atrocious lately.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Well since he’ll be getting Tommy John Surgery in a few months now, I don’t think I can choose him.

His shooting form is completely off because of that elbow injury, and it also hurts him when passing the ball/deflecting the ball on defense for steals and blocks.

The stats support the fundamental fact here in that his elbow is a serious issue for him this season. His shooting % is at a career low and it’s not even close.

Still rolling Jeremy tonight… MKG foul trouble against Harden? Lamb still sees 30+ min? .. plus second unit usage? And low owned because the dud against OKC (bad match up) and ‘not starting’ .. makes for great GPP target against houston and that SG DvP over the past month :)

LOL Kat off – (cant remember who said it yesterday but it was funny, I know i say i’m leaving but then I struggle to hop off the thread because I love you guys sooooooo much)

• superstars92

@walkoff9 said...

You dont like baynes?

He would theoretically be the only value play that sorta stands out, but I am a bit concerned about his minutes. I don’t know if he’ll get 30 mins.

I have him on my cash team (I think everyone does), but for GPP, I don’t want to give him 100% exposure for this reason in that Brad Stevens is very clever, so if he sees something exploitable about the matchups, he could easily go super small and play Baynes only about 22-27 mins, which is still good for like 5x, but not the 8x I want from a 3.9k player.

Cash yea makes sense, but I wouldn’t go 80%+ on him in GPPs. I would have with Jeremy Lamb if he was starting, but not anymore. I would have done 100% Jeremy Lamb, but sadly he’s not starting anymore.

I guess Vucevic is also a “value” play, but I’m not sure. Not sure you can call a guy 8.8k a true “value” play, but he’ll be pretty chalky for what that’s worth.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@dolphinkick182 said...

worst part is we didnt need more minutes from gortat we just needed his average minutes and he hits 6x easy

• superstars92

I prefer a Celtics fan who watches the games to tell me exactly how Baynes will be used in Steven’s rotation.

Stevens could theoretically go super small tonight if he wanted to. I don’t see anyone on Denver causing an issue if he does go super small, provided that Jokic doesn’t play.

Baynes will obviously start and play like at least 22+ mins, but anyone know if he’s guaranteed 30 mins? I don’t think so right?

• zigger77

@superstars92 said...

I prefer a Celtics fan who watches the games to tell me exactly how Baynes will be used in Steven’s rotation.

Stevens could theoretically go super small tonight if he wanted to. I don’t see anyone on Denver causing an issue if he does go super small, provided that Jokic doesn’t play.

Baynes got 23 and 26 minutes in the games horford has sat this season.

• DirkDigglerz

@zigger77 said...

Not sure how high owned he’ll be. He was like 17% last game when he off finally. But look at that roster. Elf/Augustin/Mack/iwindu/Simmons/hezonja/ artis who got called up from the g league. I mean what guard actually shoots? Vuc has the toughest matchup of the bunch but someone needs to shoot.

He’s priced alongside Dunn Rondo and Melo man I just can’t see him exceeding what he did the last time around.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

You guys can play Rondo. I will be fading because PG’s against the Bucks, especially ones that don’t shoot, are not a good play in my opinion.

Bro.. I feel were on rolling the same brain wave today … I like my chances tonight because of it lol

• dolphinkick182

@walkoff9 said...

worst part is we didnt need more minutes from gortat we just needed his average minutes and he hits 6x easy

I still managed 6th place in the FD express with him but I guess my expectation were a bit high.

• zigger77

@DirkDigglerz said...

He’s priced alongside Dunn Rondo and Melo man I just can’t see him exceeding what he did the last time around.

Why do you need him to exceed 47.8? He’s 6.4k not like 9.6k.

• superstars92

@zigger77 said...

Baynes got 23 and 26 minutes in the games horford has sat this season.

Yea it’ll be bad if Stevens decided to troll everyone and started Baynes and Baynes is like 50% owned and then he played Baynes only like 20 mins and went small for the 4th. People would be mad who had him, but the thing is Stevens would be doing the right basketball move if he did that because he’s so good at finding optimal matchups so I would trust benching him would be the right basketball move.

With that said, Baynes is a lock in cash obviously.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).