• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( -3.5 ) at Atlanta ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:30 PM EST : New York ( 1.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 9.5 ) at Cleveland ( -9.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 9.5 ) at Minnesota ( -9.5 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 11.5 ) at Golden State ( -11.5 ) —- T: 212

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@underdawgs said...

Who cares if he has a good jumpshot or is a good on-ball defender? What are we, nba scouts here?
    Dude is a good fantasy player. Discussion should be about whether he performs well tinsight relative to his price

Wise words

• underdawgs

@zigger77 said...

Not sure if you watched the den/Bos game but he’s so average at everything other than rebounding. Boban was outplaying his ass.

I love Boban so much. I think every single DFS player in the world can agree that we all need more Boban lol

• zigger77

@TeamTarek said...

Troy Daniels

Uhhhhhh that one was just luck.

• jglumsic

@underdawgs said...

Who cares if he has a good jumpshot or is a good on-ball defender? What are we, nba scouts here?
    Dude is a good fantasy player. Discussion should be about whether he performs well tinsight relative to his price.
    Personally, I think he’s a strong play tonight. His assists seem to be weirdly sustainable and his points and boards are where they should be given who he is.
    I like a lot of the Centers today but I’ll have Drum in a few

I mean i was just commenting in general but yea we aren’t nba scouts and for fantasy he puts up decent numbers. I personally don’t wanna play him but hes in a solid spot. I’d rather pay a little less for Towns even who is in just as good a spot tonight against the Kings.

• kps3205s

John Collins is probable tonight per this link in case anyone is considering him:

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/12/13/16772834/john-collins-atlanta-hawks-injury-report-probable-detroit-pistons-shoulder

• Njsum1

@jess701 said...

I have a question guys? Was wondering in nba how like 1 or 2 guys find theses players l never seen played before or heard of playing and pick them and win a tourny Not only have I not seen them play, there never brought up in forums or even roto alerts.. are the guys getting inside imformation or what? please fill me in.

Highly doubt anyone knows more than you, unless people who work for nba teams are also DFS players…IMO and some will disagree, your goal shouldn’t be to win a tourney, it should be to be profitable.

• blackdirkdiggler

I got Dinwiddie for that 40 burger tonight!

• Cotycron30

The recency bias with Drummond in this thread today is pretty awesome. Just makes me want to lock and load him even more.

• monarch

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Seems like this is so often the case. I’ve got to break my habit of feeling I need to go with the big names to win. Just so much easier for 8 guys to 6x value in the mid tier than to expect two or three starts to 5X + and the value to go crazy.

I agree but I think those of us that don’t max enter like the safety in a Harden or RWB than trying to hit on seven 6k players which is extremely difficult to do.

• zigger77

@Cotycron30 said...

The recency bias with Drummond in this thread today is pretty awesome. Just makes me want to lock and load him even more.

I don’t think drum is a bad dfs play, but people think he’s somehow an all star caliber monster..

• jess701

right I understand that but a person likes to venture off the beaten path now and then and try it:-)

• monarch

Klay is priced around his floor, 6.9k on DK tonight. He’s more likely to hit 7k IMO than K Love and will be lower owned. Optimizer loves him

• GeechQuest

Awful night for me last night. KatBurger was right and I was wrong, Baynes turned out to be a really good play for the price. Sorry wading down the thread yesterday afternoon.

Tonight I’m probably building around Drummond and Kevin Love. I currently can’t see a scenario where I pay up to LBJ or KD.

• Njsum1

@zigger77 said...

I don’t think drum is a bad dfs play, but people think he’s somehow an all star caliber monster..

I don’t know what to do about Drum. He’s not shooting, or seeing the minutes he was,
    Mainly due to game flow, and he’s priced through the roof. Yet the matchup is prime, and he’s smashed it before. Maybe I’ll throw him in a lineup or two, maybe I won’t. That’s all I got

• Fruglebudget

• GeechQuest

@zigger77 said...

To be fair, Drummond was an actual All-Star 2 seasons ago, and he’s probably going to get the nod again this year. He’s a top-4 center in the East this season. In terms of DFS though he’s no better than someone like Howard, Vuc, or Whiteside currently who have similar upside for a lot less salary.

• IronheadBAM

@Naomi44 said...

you think swap Lebron for Durant?

Not fading Lebron on this slate. KD has been underwhelming for the most part. Klay plays much better at home imo. If I play GS side klay is it. But heavy Bron.

• jglumsic

Anybody else back on the Yogi train with me tonight? I like him in a slight pace up game for the mavs.

• monarch

Anyone have any insight on Frank Mason III? I’ve never played him but he fits tonight. Does he have locked in minutes or are they volatile?

• dominicanpapi

Anyone else think this is a really good Harrison Barnes spot?

• IronheadBAM

@jglumsic said...

Anybody else back on the Yogi train with me tonight? I like him in a slight pace up game for the mavs.

Meet me in the drink car, first round is on me, because I’m on that train brotha. Gonna use him and J.J., because I can. Love em both tonight.

• IronheadBAM

@dominicanpapi said...

Anyone else think this is a really good Harrison Barnes spot?

Made the early cut so far

• zigger77

@monarch said...

Anyone have any insight on Frank Mason III? I’ve never played him but he fits tonight. Does he have locked in minutes or are they volatile?

Kings kings kings is all you need to know. Anywhere from 20-27.

• BigQ

A couple plays that wont break the bank:
    Wes Matthews has averaged 25.5 last 5 and about 34.5 mins a game. Last time against the warriors he put up 32 if he does something similar tonight it will be about 7 times value.
    Yogi has averaged around 23 last 5 and about 30 min a game the reason I like him is the warriors over the last 10 games have given up 73.8 to pg’s which puts them dead last in that span.

Just a couple of guys who might exceed value tonight and not break the bank.

• Fruglebudget

Harrison Barnes IG all 100 lineups whag can go Wong already drinking vodka caution it get rowdy here

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).