5:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 7 ) at Dallas ( -7 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 205
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at Houston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

I’m sure he’s primed for a 60 burger tonight because of my post

At least your like the rational among us, who realize that posting makes the opposite happen, unless you ad a little disclaimer like…imo..or use words like “could” or “might” to appease the fantasy powers that be. 😁

Blake is worth a shot here. It’s a get right spot and the price is more than fair…IMO

• Shaudy_lo

I will continue to play Derrick Jones Jr on FD as long as he’s 4K

• Shaudy_lo

JVal has a great matchup but I just don’t feel comfortable picking him

• Njsum1

@Shaudy_lo said...

I will continue to play Derrick Jones Jr on FD as long as he’s 4K

Imo…He “might“ be a solid play on DK as well 😉.

See what I did there 😎🍀🔥

• Njsum1

@Shaudy_lo said...

He’s on my list of dudes who I never get right. I faded him yesterday.👍 I just find permafade or one off only is the right move with this guy, cause his floor is so low and happens way too frequently.

The spot is nice though 🤷‍♂️

• BUFUu2

@superstars92 said...

D’Antoni doesn’t care about Capela’s mins. He literally plays him in 30 point blowout wins at end of games to give him some experience.

So unlike the NY coach who doesn’t play Barrett in blowouts when that’s the best time to give him experience.

right i totally agree but capela won’t play the whole game he needs a break as well and with house tucker and mc he has to get some run

• Shaudy_lo

@Njsum1 said...

He’s on my list of dudes who I never get right. I faded him yesterday.👍 I just find permafade or one off only is the right move with this guy, cause his floor is so low and happens way too frequently.

The spot is nice though 🤷‍♂️

Yeah because his minutes are pretty low even when he crushes . It’s hard to feel comfortable picking a guy who never plays over 30 minutes

• efagan99

@Njsum1 said...

55dk point floor, and I think that’s low, just being conservative. As per usual, 90 point upside. And no Westbrook. If you think you can fade that and be better off go for it.

Not listening to this / fading harden has cost me so many times. Last night again. My core was pretty solid (apart from d-russell) with chriss, JJJ, PG, harris but full fade harden cost me again. Ended up losing money. Should have realized harden’s floor game is lavine/russ ceiling so using those 2 in place of harden was a big mistake. If westbrook sits I’m locking harden at 12900. If he plays ill still do 50%

• efagan99

@Shaudy_lo said...

I had him and/or JJJ in every lineup last night. Might do the same again tonight. No way one of them doesn’t go off. I think I prefer JJJ though, probably amped after his performance last night, little defensive resistance, and no big men for him to foul. Like JJJ is going to get in foul trouble on bertans LOL

maybe stack bertans/JJJ as they go back and forth making 3s on each other and combine for 80 real points …. (kidding)

• Njsum1

@efagan99 said...

Not listening to this / fading harden has cost me so many times. Last night again. My core was pretty solid (apart from d-russell) with chriss, JJJ, PG, harris but full fade harden cost me again. Ended up losing money. Should have realized harden’s floor game is lavine/russ ceiling so using those 2 in place of harden was a big mistake. If westbrook sits I’m locking harden at 12900. If he plays ill still do 50%

Not listening to what??? You realize I was making an argument not to fade him, right???

• JustDFSin

@KATburger said...

ahhhh scored 343 on FD with Jerome Robinson getting 1 minute of play randomly. Oh well onto today.

The struggle between ABC and the Beard on FD continues. Beard’s 200 more and continues to play throughout the blow outs. So that kind of settles that one for me.

I’m expecting a handful of people will be on Mclemore again with RBW likely sitting, Same for PG13 so i’ve decided to fade them both. Siakam feels like the play at SF at 8500 against BKN which should be a competitive game.

Everyone will be waiting for Milsap news to determine J Grant as a viable option. But i’ve already considered locking him in regardless of breaking news before lock FD (no swap). Milsap had the ankle that bothered him and now the quadriceps. Matchup wise Grant fairs better defending Gallinari, You could swing the revenge game factor also. But this is another game I see as being competitive. OKC 11-13 sitting in 7th spot if playoffs happened now.

If Lou Williams is announced in, at 6400 he will be heavily owned, I’ve decided to go another route and drop down to a lower tier here. Just feel like it’s a shake up day.

Some unexpected plays to shake things up for me today are CP3 and Adams, running it back with J Grant. Value play at 4000 considering the points DAL allows is Derrick Jones Jr. I’ve been on him a bit lately with the uptick in minutes so i’ll continue that route.

Best of luck grinders!! Maybe later I’ll chime in, or post lock reveal the lineup for the night!

If leonard sits you cant fade George that would be a mistake barring injury.

• efagan99

@Njsum1 said...

Not listening to what??? You realize I was making an argument not to fade him, right???

That’s what I meant. Not listening to the argument not to fade him. In my head I thought I’d pass all y’all scrubs picking harden when d-russ scored the same as him for 5000 less…. yea realize how stupid that is now typing it out lol

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Well I always fade Harden…hasn’t been working out lately. Gotta change it up, maybe go 20% of him haha.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

It’s funny because I believe Lowry was the highest owned player last 2 times out. I faded him first time (success) but second time, I and like 90% of people in my cash games went with him despite his 1st game not being good…that failed lol.

This time I feel like he won’t be that highly owned.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Harden did have 3 really bad games in a row prior to his last 2, so it hasn’t been all a fail fading him. It just depends.

Technically, you could have still won a GPP without Harden last night. In the 4 point play, a swap from Kawhi to George wins it lol (or WCS to Len) for someone’s non-Harden team.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

Also it’s just boring to play James Harden tonight at more than 20-30%. Don’t you want the thrill of rooting against a 80 burger. Like he could have 35/7/4 and you can be like “well he hasn’t even reached 60 FPs yet”….

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

Like he could have 35/7/4 and you can be like “well he hasn’t even reached 60 FPs yet”

Yeah, but then they start the second half 😎

• Njsum1

Last thought on Harden…just cause Westbrook is out doesn’t really raise his ceiling. I don’t think it even guarantees him a better game then if Westy played. His absolute ceiling is always around a 100 🍔. He can get that with Westy playing. It just raises his realistic floor, as he can’t sit back, he has to do it all.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superstars92 said...

Also it’s just boring to play James Harden tonight at more than 20-30%. Don’t you want the thrill of rooting against a 80 burger. Like he could have 35/7/4 and you can be like “well he hasn’t even reached 60 FPs yet”….

Harden fade is definitely intriguing. Haven’t looked at FD yet, but on DK there’s certainly argument, but it’s the same argument people always make and it usually doesn’t work out. The Pistons are definitely exploitable and anything in the 70-90 range wouldn’t surprise me.

Of course the argument is he could get 65-70 at 12.9, but Beal, PG, Jokic are all 60+ potential guys for 9.3, 8.3, and 8.6 respectively. Obviously Doncic and ABC are cheaper with 80 ceilings. As of right now, there isn’t a lot of cheap plays that make fitting him feel like you’re not sacrificing other things, but…..It’s Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprising if we had some unexpected guys sitting.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Harden fade is definitely intriguing. Haven’t looked at FD yet, but on DK there’s certainly argument, but it’s the same argument people always make and it usually doesn’t work out. The Pistons are definitely exploitable and anything in the 70-90 range wouldn’t surprise me.

Of course the argument is he could get 65-70 at 12.9, but Beal, PG, Jokic are all 60+ potential guys for 9.3, 8.3, and 8.6 respectively. Obviously Doncic and ABC are cheaper with 80 ceilings. As of right now, there isn’t a lot of cheap plays that make fitting him feel like you’re not sacrificing other things, but…..It’s Saturday. Wouldn’t be surprising if we had some unexpected guys sitting.

Well the Clippers news is the big one.

Also Eric Bledsoe got hurt yesterday, but he made it a point he wasn’t a wuss like Khris Middleton so he would play. Pretty sure if he rests, MIddleton is going to give him a lot of crap.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m just gonna lock in Harden and go from there. He’s gonna shoot it 40 times and have a 50% usage rate

• BBWC_10

@Pandamonious said...

Harden fade is definitely intriguing

I’m only doing 2 LU’s. I’ll do 1 with Harden hoping for another 75. Obviously the other will be stacking the Wash/Memphis game. Key news that I really need is Bledsoe, Wright news or some value to open up. I feel Butler may be a nice pivot off some of the stars. I see bounce back off of last night and try to keep up with Luka. Not much value at this point and going nowhere near Blake.

• Jase32

Doing Mia/Dal tonight. Doncic is gonna get slowed some by the Heat, but he’s still gonna be on my rosters. I think I’m splitting Porz and Powell at C because rebounds are abundant with Miami and one will get points. Doncic will match up with either Nunn or Butler. I have to split them as well.

Was able to cash last night with Trey at C in the LU that had Sabonis. I would have possibly done better in the bigger payout if I played Brogdon. I guess it was Lamb that got Trey.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

You think the Grizzlies coach will utilize JJJ correctly for the rest of the year? I think one of the issues is that he’s making JJJ play like backup C at times, which forces him into foul trouble….when he should be playing what PG13 plays since that’s his closest comp.

He’s got another good matchup today but Morant is back.

Clarke is also supposed to be back and JJJ’s price went up from 6.1 to 6.5.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

D’Antoni doesn’t care about Capela’s mins. He literally plays him in 30 point blowout wins at end of games to give him some experience.

So unlike the NY coach who doesn’t play Barrett in blowouts when that’s the best time to give him experience.

Is he playing Harden in those same situations so he can get experience too?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler