5:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 7.5 ) at Toronto ( -7.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 7 ) at Dallas ( -7 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 205
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 8.5 ) at Houston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 227

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• HungryHungryHip

@Pandamonious said...

No I agree. They have some better payout ones. I’m just referencing ones like the $10 today. Also don’t think there’s anything wrong with building high floor line ups, that might sacrifice some ceiling in those GPP’s. I understand where you’re coming from and that approach. That also doesn’t mean on any given night that high floor line up can’t go nuts and be a ceiling hitter.

This is why I think it’s best to play your ‘high floor – cash lineup’ in at least one GPP just in case it goes off. Some people are really against playing it that way but I disagree. Different strokes and all that

• billythekidcowboysheat

Am i really going back to jval. Last 4 games nothing but garbage, night i don’t have him watch he’ll go off.

• moosedrool

Is George Hill a thing tonight? Who’s going to get the majority of minutes @ PG for the Bucks?

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I dont think so in the 4 dollar 20 max. It’s all the same pros entering and you still need a top 30 finish out of 21k entries tonight to turn a profit. I dont buy that one can maintain in GPP by stringing together consistent min cashes

Again, is there no cash between min and winning it all?

I don’t care if the pros enter 20 lineups in a flat structure GPP, I don’t think they’re better than me. (I mean some are) It’s when they can out buy me in a 150 max top heavy tourney, which I have neither the funds nor the inclination to play, where I’ll choose to sit out.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t care if the pros enter 20 lineups in a flat structure GPP, I don’t think they’re better than me, it’s when they can out buy me in a 150 max top heavy tourney, which I have neither the funds nor the inclination to play, where I’ll choose to sit out.

I mean if that’s the case then we would be winning the 20 max and not some of the higher ranked players on this board.

• monarch

Luka, Beal, Ja core sound decent tonight?

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I mean if that’s the case then we would be winning the 20 max and not some of the higher ranked players on this board.

Are the pros winning that regularly? I amended my statement admitting that obviously some pros are better than me, still doesn’t mean I can’t profit in that tourney.

• snellman

@Njsum1 said...

I don’t care if the pros enter 20 lineups in a flat structure GPP, I don’t think they’re better than me. It’s when they can out buy me in a 150 max top heavy tourney, which I have neither the funds nor the inclination to play, where I’ll choose to sit out.

I am finally starting to learn this. I never have played in the high dollar contests, but I played quite a bit in the 150 max tourneys even though I never played 150 entries chasing the big win. It doesn’t matter if it is football or basketball, you pretty much have to have the perfect lineup to even come close in these. I have done much better since I have dropped down to the 20 max and 3 max entry lineups. I have finally realized that I probably will never win the big payout so quit chasing it and drop down to the smaller tourneys that you have a better chance of winning. I haven’t won yet, but I have finished better in them and realize more profit than the same score does in the larger tourneys.

• queensfinest

@Pandamonious said...

It’s OK. You can still be excited.

hahahaha thank you bud lol

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Are the pros winning that regularly? I amended my statement admitting that obviously some pros are better than me, still doesn’t mean I can’t profit in that tourney.

No I honestly don’t recognize like 95% of days the winner of the 4 dollar or even the 10 dollar. Most nights the winner of the big DK GPP (the 10-15 dollar one) is pretty random, it’s even more random for the 4 dollar since it’s 20-max. Yesterday it was a rare exception with Youdacao.

I don’t like today’s structure for the large DK GPP. Why is it 350k and 100k to first. They really should make it 50k and have it flatter in between.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Tony Snell going to prove what he’s worth tonight when he shuts down Harden.

• JustDFSin

@superstars92 said...

No I honestly don’t recognize like 95% of days the winner of the 4 dollar or even the 10 dollar. Most nights the winner of the big DK GPP (the 10-15 dollar one) is pretty random. Yesterday it was a rare exception with Youdacao.

I don’t like today’s structure for the large DK GPP. Why is it 350k and 100k to first. They really should make it 50k and have it flatter in between.

I never understood the marketing strategy of top heavy payouts. If you make more spots paid you keep people around longer if they see themselves winning even if its minimum cash.

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

Yesterday it was a rare exception with Youdacao

Funny, I was going to mention that I thought he was the best. And when I amended my post to say that well, obviously some pros are better than me, I had him specifically in mind.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Funny, I was going to mention that I thought he was the best. And when I amended my post to say that well, obviously some pros are better than me, I had him specifically in mind.

Yea everyone thinks he’s the best. I remember NoLimits did an analysis on him and also he realized that Youda doesn’t ever use the same types of cores as all the other pros who just have dupes across the board in cash.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

So regarding JJJ. With Brandon Clarke back, it does hurt JJJ for sure. However, that is because like I said earlier, Memphis isn’t utilizing JJJ correctly. In reality, I believe Clarke should hurt JVal the most if Memphis was using JJJ correctly. However, because they insist on having JJJ play small ball C at times, this does hurt him since that is what Clarke plays. I think Memphis should try more JJJ – Clarke sets together imo because I think offensively that looks good on paper.

Besides with the massive value opening up, it’s hard to really jam the Grizzlies in there even though on paper their overall team has a good matchup (but maybe not for DFS – see Pacers yesterday).

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Lol, I’m playing some big cash on this single game. Looks like Bridges gonna start.

Biggest bump to Bridges, and maybe Cam Johnson?

I’m not playing the early slate, but be careful on Bridges. He’ll get more mins for sure but he’s from Villanova. This actually matters, he’s been taught really well to be a team player so he’s not going to all of a sudden start taking a ton more shots unless he’s open.

However, with more mins it does help him and Cam, and since of their price, they do become great picks (just not like 100% locks for reasons described above). However, Booker’s usage might disperse to some higher priced players like Oubre and Rubio.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@JustDFSin said...

I never understood the marketing strategy of top heavy payouts. If you make more spots paid you keep people around longer if they see themselves winning even if its minimum cash.

Yea I don’t get it either. You make a good point about the business perspective about keeping people around longer. I really never understood like what the reason for it was. If it was 50k for first, I’m not going to put in fewer lineups compared to 100k. If anything, I might put in more (and most have the same sentiment as me).

50k vs. 100k in utlility is really not too different for most people.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@superstars92 said...

Yea I don’t get it either. You make a good point about the business perspective about keeping people around longer. I really never understood like what the reason for it was. If it was 50k for first, I’m not going to put in fewer lineups compared to 100k. If anything, I might put in more (and most have the same sentiment as me).

50k vs. 100k in utlility is really not too different for most people.

Understand your logic, but don’t agree with your conclusion. New players join with the dream of winning the big one. Thus, the super top heavy payouts are appealing. Players that have been playing for a while might understand that super top heavy payouts make a certain tourney unappealing, but will still throw one lineup in there because “what if my lineup goes off tonight”. That’s all that is needed. MME players fill out the rest.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@sochoice said...

Understand your logic, but don’t agree with your conclusion. New players join with the dream of winning the big one. Thus, the super top heavy payouts are appealing. Players that have been playing for a while might understand that super top heavy payouts make a certain tourney unappealing, but will still throw one lineup in there because “what if my lineup goes off tonight”. That’s all that is needed. MME players fill out the rest.

Yep, I just threw one in the NFL “Fan Championship” tomorrow for $250 even though it’s 150 max. I pretty much know it’s a donation, but what if!?

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Am i really going back to jval. Last 4 games nothing but garbage, night i don’t have him watch he’ll go off.

I’ll be right there with ya

• gaelicgirl

Fading Harden in the after hours slate, it’s worth losing $2 to avoid the cognitive dissonance LOL
    Also, Jerami Grant revenge game

• ghost3490

PJ Chucker anyone?

• moosedrool

@ghost3490 said...

PJ Chucker anyone?

Unfortunately, yes

• Jsmitty123433

Back to the well with jval can’t be trash again lol

• Jsmitty123433

Thoughts on k love?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler