• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Utah ( -5 ) at Orlando ( 5 ) —- T: 205.5
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Detroit ( 2 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -1.5 ) at Charlotte ( 1.5 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3 ) at Memphis ( 3 ) —- T: 202.5
    8:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 12 ) at San Antonio ( -12 ) —- T: 212
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 6 ) at Okla City ( -6 ) —- T: 227
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( -8 ) at Phoenix ( 8 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbunner23

@mtdurham said...

They played once and Fox used picks to get open the entire game and UCLA was too dumb to step up and stop him even after he was canning every mid range jumper

Lonzo is one of the best defenders in the league at the PG position… not so much on the ball, but he fights over screens, doesn’t give up much size on switches, etc… all the more important things

I agree with this. His length troubles those smaller guards as well. Zo is a very good defender. Quick and long.

• kbsktbll88

Need a big game from Gallinari. Only 7% owned.

• bigwillie20

@mtdurham said...

LOL at lonzo ball only 21% owned at that price in that matchup on a slate like this… with ingram out? cant believe it

• mtdurham

@Benf15harp said...

Lol Cousy >cp3 will never be forgotten

another thing we agree on… bob cousy wouldnt even get a tryout for a G-league team these days…

and for the record Chris Paul is EASILY a top ten all-time PG… top 5 is more like it… #1 all-time isn’t even crazy to say… not saying he is… just saying a strong argument can be made… the guy has been dominant on both ends of the floor for over a decade…

magic was obviously great in his era… he wouldnt be that effective today because Magic was a post up player and the post game has been eliminated by the rule changes…. and Magic was a disgraceful shooter….

so i think you can make an argument for either depending on the framework of the argument

• mtdurham

@TeamTarek said...

Kemba most overrated Player atm. Hes pure trash.

LOL. No… kemba is inarguably a top ~20 player…. bum ankle, tough matchup, and sometimes he gets burned out from carrying our entire offense… but he’s a certified all-star for sure… he’s small so when his shot isnt falling he looks bad… but when it is he goes full takeover mode

His offensive numbers are top notch year in-year out.. one of the absolute best at both shooting/penetrating…

• chronoxiong

I need Steven Adams to play like the Steven Adams from last night.

• mtdurham

@kbsktbll88 said...

Same. Fortunately the Hornets suck so if it does get out of hand they probably won’t come back.

The Hornets are 8th in the league in net rating and 10th in SRS… but i know you’re just popping off at the mouth with random crap per usual

• scott33

So many landmines. Why RoCo why? Thought he’d rack up the blocks & steals against the sloppiest team in the league

• kbsktbll88

@mbunner23 said...

Called tha Drumm. ToO bad I still faded, went with T0wns. Got the fluuu

KAT’s smashing too…

• Rolled

@mtdurham said...

another thing we agree on… bob cousy wouldnt even get a tryout for a G-league team these days…

and for the record Chris Paul is EASILY a top ten all-time PG… top 5 is more like it… #1 all-time isn’t even crazy to say… not saying he is… just saying a strong argument can be made… the guy has been dominant on both ends of the floor for over a decade…

magic was obviously great in his era… he wouldnt be that effective today because Magic was a post up player and the post game has been eliminated by the rule changes…. and Magic was a disgraceful shooter….

so i think you can make an argument for either depending on the framework of the argument

Your a clown. Magic would be close to what Lebron James is in today’s game.

• kbsktbll88

@mtdurham said...

The Hornets are 8th in the league in net rating and 10th in SRS… but i know you’re just popping off at the mouth with random crap per usual

Oh yeah I was so wrong about them getting blown out and not coming back. 128-100 final score. Trash team led by one of the most over rated guards in the league.

But keep looking up meaningless stats since you don’t actually know anything about basketball.

• kbsktbll88

@mtdurham said...

LOL. No… kemba is inarguably a top ~20 player…. bum ankle, tough matchup, and sometimes he gets burned out from carrying our entire offense… but he’s a certified all-star for sure… he’s small so when his shot isnt falling he looks bad… but when it is he goes full takeover mode

His offensive numbers are top notch year in-year out.. one of the absolute best at both shooting/penetrating…

LMAO at Kemba a top 20 player. WTF.

These casuals are something else.

• mtdurham

@viciousphilpy said...

Disagree. Pace is highly variable, I felt as though this game would be higher paced, regardless of season long averages.

Although I agree with your premise on the surface (on a pure stat analysis level), I disagree with the subjective variable at play which is my opinion of how these two styles will clash.

tl;dr, I believe you are right in some respects, but I was calling for an outlier game based on style. 60 points scored in the first quarter, I happen to think at this point, on pace for 240 points, I properly called for the outlier.

Fair enough. i’d be interested in how you determine projected pace on your own (not saying it cant be done).

Still not sure i’d want to play Shelvin Mack in a tough match-up. He gets plenty of minutes as it is and they were projectd for 99 points tonight… and he’s a very low FPS/min guy

• Bigb1485

It’s always really dumb to try and compare across areas. You can only compare to how dominant they were in their era.

If magic grew up with todays nba he wouldve learned to shoot the three,he wouldnt have bothered to learn post up skills..if steph curry played before 3 and d..he’d be a great mid range shooter/pick and roll guy…he definitely wouldnt get more than 1 opportunity to shoot a pull up 35 footer if he played in older eras…old school coaches would yank his ass so fast he’d never think of doing that again.

• mtdurham

@zpa1989 said...

ball’s line tonight is total luck i doubt he does 60 again all season he was struggling to crack even 40 on a good night, with mins, in a good matchup, with ingram out, etc….

i hope people chase ball after his price goes up. how many 40 point FD games has this dude had all year? maybe 1? now 60? i think thats total lucky garbage.

60 is an outlier no doubt….. but he was $5600 and he’s been routinely scoring in the high 30s…

The peripherals are pretty much usually there for Lonzo so all you need is a ceiling game with regards to points scored and he smashes….

Been playing him for two weeks i think he’s had 3 really good games, 2 bad ones, and now he finally smashed…

But yeah he’s a price sensitive player for sure… ill prob be done with him if he jumps into the $6400 range

• mtdurham

@Pandamonious said...

Did a full-Z0-Fade. I got OOOO and OOOwned. OOh boyO. 2O% owned. Im d0ne. So sick. PeAce

These make me laugh everytime lol…

• scott33

Josh Jackson saving my FD line, need him to keep it up

• roach62

Tolliver and okogie are elite players

• DirkDigglerz

These 866 jokes are funny as fuark cause it’s true haha

• scott33

Towns 80 burger incoming

• scott33

@roach62 said...

Tolliver and okogie are elite players

Where u been all season? U & Elving been MIA..

• byo34

Arcidiacono bout to outscore Lamb and Kuzma.. it will be a miracle if I cash. Steven Adams dud too.

• Bigb1485

Ball gonna outscore russssss???

• deepfat

These are the kind of nights where you really see who the saavy DFS players are. Avoiding the landmines was the key tonight. The landmines being Hornets players.

• scott33

Adams busting against the Clippers, unreal

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).