NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Charlotte ( 1 ) —- T: 196
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Cleveland ( -3 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -6 ) at LA Lakers ( 6 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/345136964

• xdan3220

@tonytone1908 said...

IDK what you guys are smoking but I just ran LU’s in the LU builder and not one of them had him in there. Nor is he in the algorithm projected LU, which I assume is the same.

Thanks for trolling so hard fellas. What a waste of time and brain cells I’ll never get back. Ugh.

i think you might just be getting trolled, he is distracting you from working on lineups with all this Lawson talk! That or subliminally making you think Lawson is a good play tonight.

Is it safe to say PF on Fanduel tonight is just a complete punt? Not sure there is one PF I’d feel comfortable projecting even 30 fantasy points tonight (Love included) so throwing some combo of Scola, Frank the Tank, Zeller, Nance, and Tristan just makes the most sense, am I right?

• BPhillips43

Beverley over Lin. 5 hundy cheaper on FD

• kookahdoo

@pbr713 said...

Fading all of the bigs tonight..

Side note what do you guys thing of Ty Lawson tonight – Rockets PG

I think Awesome Lawson is a Dud tonight…..call me crazy.

• frugal

@tonytone1908 said...

And this is why you CANNOT just go by 1 site’s projections. This is why you always edit projections. You know better than to think he’s going to get 34 minutes.

Sheesh. We’re on a rotogrinders forum and the guy doesn’t mention he’s used another site’s optimizer…

• Stickman731

@Sportsfan12 said...

who pays for the lineup optimizer? is it worth it/accurate?

I personally would never play the LU optimizer since I do not know the algorithms. I looked at it once and figure it only weighed available salary versus locked players followed by FP potential. For me, it would need to weight FP plus minutes first (cost of FP/min) followed by DvP matchup then salary.

If you do not understand how it works why use it?

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

is it inappropriate to post full lineups on here asking you guys to pick which one you like better/best? I’m trying to win a 1-on-1 for 20 big ones with my buddy.

Shouldn’t be hard, he doesn’t use anything but base stats from the DK app. Dude’s never heard of half the stats I try to look at.

• fordracingga

@jon2anderson said...

is it inappropriate to post full lineups on here asking you guys to pick which one you like better/best? I’m trying to win a 1-on-1 for 20 big ones with my buddy.

Shouldn’t be hard, he doesn’t use anything but base stats from the DK app. Dude’s never heard of half the stats I try to look at.

If you post a full LU you’ll get replies saying you should sub so and so for Pippen or Manute Bol etc!
    Top of the page says please don’t post full LUs.

• dhamack

I tried one of those optimizers for the first time about a week ago without any updates to projections.

…it gave me Montrezl Harrell in one slot, who’d just been sent to the D-League.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@jon2anderson said...

Yes sir,

We actually do not allow full lineups on the forum. We encourage everyone to fill out their own lineup, and offer help in doing so, however we avoid giving away full lineups, thus discourage the use of them on the forum.

It’s written in the original post each day.

Thanks!

• TeHDruiD

With 3 games and really no matchups to avoid, I’m going to try something. I’m gonna create a score for each player based off of 5x, 6x and 7x+ value for FD, create a solver and use that lineup tonight. It can’t be any worse than what I’m going to put in

• bjschram

@pbr713 said...

Fading all of the bigs tonight..

Side note what do you guys thing of Ty Lawson tonight – Rockets PG

Just found out it is Ty Lawson bobblehead night.

• Sportsfan12

@bhdevault said...

Yes sir,

We actually do not allow full lineups on the forum. We encourage everyone to fill out their own lineup, and offer help in doing so, however we avoid giving away full lineups, thus discourage the use of them on the forum.

It’s written in the original post each day.

Thanks!

Wrong quote

• TeamTwerk

Any word on Batum?

• frugal

@dhamack said...

I tried one of those optimizers for the first time about a week ago without any updates to projections.

The lineup optimizer only works for IMHO when you lock in players and adjust projections in spots where you know the tool is over/under projecting. I ran a test where I entered unaltered optimized lineups vs my picks and I beat the optimizer pretty much every time. (Though I never won big either way).

• Sportsfan12

Struggling with lakers guards- i want at least 1-2 of them. Straight crapshoot between kobe russell lou clarkson?

• tonytone1908

@xdan3220 said...

i think you might just be getting trolled, he is distracting you from working on lineups with all this Lawson talk! That or subliminally making you think Lawson is a good play tonight.

Is it safe to say PF on Fanduel tonight is just a complete punt? Not sure there is one PF I’d feel comfortable projecting even 30 fantasy points tonight (Love included) so throwing some combo of Scola, Frank the Tank, Zeller, Nance, and Tristan just makes the most sense, am I right?

That’s what I’m thinking. Maayyybbeee Love but I don’t mind going cheap in some spots. You’re going to need Lebron, KD, and Westy if you even want to think about winning tonight. I think Lebron and KD will just be battling it out all day and while nobody’s even paying attention Westy will get his too. Lots of people will flock to Love and there’s some decent picks at PF that can help you get contrarian without being stupid.

• dhamack

@frugal said...

The lineup optimizer only works for IMHO when you lock in players and adjust projections in spots where you know the tool is over/under projecting. I ran a test where I entered unaltered optimized lineups vs my picks and I beat the optimizer pretty much every time. (Though I never won big either way).

Oh, I fully knew there’d need to be some manual adjustment. It just wasn’t quite a ringing endorsement as a whole if you’re getting suggestions about someone that’s clearly not available.

• bmann

@TeamTwerk said...

Any word on Batum?

See my post on the previous page of this thread. Perhaps the most important post in the thread, yet it has gone unresponded to thus far :)

I don’t see a reason why the line moves like that except for Batum’s likely absence. Maybe i’m wrong, but it’s quite plausible.

• tonytone1908

@dhamack said...

Then you did it wrong.

• teke1600

@dhamack said...

Hopefully Harrell was cheap!

• Unity520

Is having 4 cavs for tonigjt to much of a risk?

• tonytone1908

@bmann said...

See my post on the previous page of this thread. Perhaps the most important post in the thread, yet it has gone unresponded to thus far :)

I don’t see a reason why the line moves like that except for Batum’s likely absence. Maybe i’m wrong, but it’s quite plausible.

Or there’s a possible LU change coming that we don’t know about yet.

• TeamTwerk

@bmann said...

Ok Thanks

• mileyvirus

@bjschram said...

Just found out it is Ty Lawson bobblehead night.

in LA?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).