NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -1 ) at Charlotte ( 1 ) —- T: 196
    8:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Cleveland ( -3 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -6 ) at LA Lakers ( 6 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

RG Forum League: https://www.fanduel.com/entry/345136964

• mileyvirus

@tonytone1908 said...

I can’t figure out what’s harder for me. Making 1 LU on a big slate or resisting the temptation to put in 10 on a short slate.

Definitely keeps you on your toes strategy wise.

i like smaller slates for doing gpp’s instead of cash. i’ll be playing 15 different lineups tonight. tomorrow i will go back to cash, but tonight i’m just throwing darts.

• jess701

Question I hate when a player like Monroe is locked in your lineup and he’s pulled way after. Lost me big money.

• tonytone1908

@MMANPOKER said...

Need a really cheap punt play on DK for s GPP. Is Lawson gonna be getting less then 10 minutes again tonight?

Who knows? Beverley could bump his knee at the strip club, I mean warmups. Jason Terry could slip on Harden’s jock in the shower and fall, while Harden is still wearing it, and he could play 35 minutes and drop a 50 burger. It’s a crap shoot, just like the whole slate tonight.

• mileyvirus

@jess701 said...

Question I hate when a player like Monroe is locked in your lineup and he’s pulled way after. Lost me big money.

draftkings allows you to change players up until the game starts. it obviously helps you out if a player isn’t playing. it’s nice when the player sitting out at the last second isn’t on your team though.

• frugal

@TJRhodes said...

If Ty Lawson is optimal, at least show me something that the guy is going to get 20+ minutes.

The only way Lawson is showing up using the Grinders optimizer is someone locked in several high dollar players and excluded a team or 2. Grinders has him projected at 13.92 DK pts which is 3.9X. You have to really try hard to force the optimizer to include anyone projected that low.

• rebkell

@dominicanpapi said...

This is the worse, 13 game slate yesterday, then a 3 game slate today, then tomorrow is a 12 game slate. We’re going from one extreme to the other

It’s better than it was in the past, we used to get two game slates on Tuesday/Thursday a lot.

• Oche

lowery Bryant jr.smith or walker derozen sweet lou?

• TJRhodes

@tonytone1908 said...

OMG here we go again.

NOBODY said he was optimal. One person kept seeing it in their crunched LU’s. Who knows what players he may have locked in already?

Just because someone shows up in an “optimizer” doesn’t mean the guy is an optimal play, he’s just a guy that hit 5x his salary against a team that’s shitty against PG’s just last week. Oh, and he happens to fit in with who you already have locked. It’s not rocket science.

Now, onto something that might actually matter. Although he had a semi-decent game against them last time, he probably only got the decent minutes that he did because Jason Terry was out. He also early in the season had a 40 burger so his ceiling is 10x. Is he likely to do that again? Of course not.

So no, he’s not an optimal play. Doesn’t mean punting a position on a short slate to stack up on studs is a bad idea. Hell, people were winning in hockey last year by using a goalie that wasn’t even on the roster.

You are missing the point. Ty Lawson is included in the optimal lineup for DK. Ty Lawson is considered optimal for that grouping. There are only two players in the grouping that I would call elite (westbrook and Lebron). It’s not like they are making room for top tier players and then throwing Ty Lawson in. They are assuming Lawson gets 34 minutes which is a pipe dream. I’m not saying don’t use Lawson since anything can happen on any given night. But if we all talk about doing our homework to make these educated picks, it doesn’t include Lawson unless you are going way out on a limb. That’s all I’m trying to say.

• tonytone1908

@jess701 said...

It happens. That’s the nature of NBA dfs. Many times it actually works out in your favor.

• mileyvirus

This is the most Ty Lawson has been mentioned this whole year…and it’s from one thread. smh

• Sportsfan12

on a serious note, i have never used the lineup optimizer- do you guys find it helpful? are they often legit punts?

• jess701

• mileyvirus

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4564905/ty-lawson-o.gif

• jess701

They seem to kinda get me in the ball park. But I look at is helping tool.

• noles939913

Russell / Zeller or Clarkson / Scola? GPP

• frugal

@TJRhodes said...

You are missing the point. Ty Lawson is included in the optimal lineup for DK. Ty Lawson is considered optimal for that grouping. There are only two players in the grouping that I would call elite (westbrook and Lebron). It’s not like they are making room for top tier players and then throwing Ty Lawson in. They are assuming Lawson gets 34 minutes which is a pipe dream. I’m not saying don’t use Lawson since anything can happen on any given night. But if we all talk about doing our homework to make these educated picks, it doesn’t include Lawson unless you are going way out on a limb. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Where are you seeing this optimal lineup? Their algorithmic generated DK lineup does not include Lawson and if you hit “Find Optimal Lineup” in the DK lineup builder without setting any parameters he is not included in the lineup.

• tonytone1908

@TJRhodes said...

IDK what you guys are smoking but I just ran LU’s in the LU builder and not one of them had him in there. Nor is he in the algorithm projected LU, which I assume is the same.

Thanks for trolling so hard fellas. What a waste of time and brain cells I’ll never get back. Ugh.

• leojankovic

• AdrianxBeatason

I think it would be hilarious if ty lawson went off tn

• kookahdoo

@Watchyahead said...

Call me crazy I am rostering Lin AND Lawson

I beat you, I’m rostering Hairston and Nance.

• Sportsfan12

@tonytone1908 said...

IDK what you guys are smoking but I just ran LU’s in the LU builder and not one of them had him in there. Nor is he in the algorithm projected LU, which I assume is the same.

Thanks for trolling so hard fellas. What a waste of time and brain cells I’ll never get back. Ugh.

draftkings nba daily lineup optimizer on rotowire has lawson in with a projected 34 min and 28.5 pts

• pbr713

Fading all of the bigs tonight..

Side note what do you guys thing of Ty Lawson tonight – Rockets PG

• bmann

So the Tor-Cha line movement seems to indicate that Batum might not play? It was Charlotte -1 before last night’s game, and now it’s Toronto -1.5. Doesn’t seem there’s a reason for that aside from Batum’s likely absence, no?

• jess701

• tonytone1908

@Sportsfan12 said...

draftkings nba daily lineup optimizer on rotowire has lawson in with a projected 34 min and 28.5 pts

And this is why you CANNOT just go by 1 site’s projections. This is why you always edit projections. You know better than to think he’s going to get 34 minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).