• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -4.5 ) at Charlotte ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at New York ( -2 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at New Orleans ( 2 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 6 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: 206.5
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• got9forya

Loving the Brooklyn Stack

• Bodiaz36

I like Vuc tonight. 1st game back got 29 mins, that could be ramped up tonight. Guy is a double-double machine, at 7900 on FD I want a piece before his price jumps. Also love the Brooklyn guys, Dinwiddie, Allen, Prince and may sprinkle in some Chandler. Lou-Will for the hammer if he’s cleared to play. Good luck to all

• kdsdawg

so what to do about the return of Ayton? would assume he gets a full run

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I hope AD plays, so I don’t have to jam Lebron in. Then, it is all Pelicans and all the Nets, all the time.

• monarch

Frank Vogel revenge

• JSteele

@kdsdawg said...

so what to do about the return of Ayton? would assume he gets a full run

I think he’s a great play unless news says he’s limited in any way. I don’t see him being limited though

• Bodiaz36

Yeah, forgot about Ayton being back. 3 centers all priced about the same on FD are all good plays tonight. I will probably be overweight on Vuc, but Harrell and Ayton are in play as well

• monarch

Bagley and RJ are way too cheap on DK

• jessedio

Def want some pieces sprinkled in from the ATL vs NY game. Also, what a surprise AD has an ankle issue now. Lebron and Brow will be broken by the time the playoffs come around.

• got9forya

Ok So serious question. In everyone’s opinion that plays both Sites FD and DK. Which do you prefer for each sport. I have pretty much always played FD but seems like more people on here play DK. Any Advice on switching and the way i construct lineups

• tmarohl

@got9forya said...

Ok So serious question. In everyone’s opinion that plays both Sites FD and DK. Which do you prefer for each sport. I have pretty much always played FD but seems like more people on here play DK. Any Advice on switching and the way i construct lineups

My advice is to do is slowly. DK and FD are not even comparable. Different strategies for both sites as well as different scoring. Draftkings players have multi-positional eligibility. I.E. Some Centers are Centers and Power Forwards. Some SG’s are both SG’s and SF’s, etc. There is also a utility spot

On DK you get double double or triple double bonuses. Steals and Blocks are worth less. Turnovers don’t hurt you has bad.

My advice would be to play some cheap $1 lineups until you get the hang of roster construction.

For instance, some nights you may want to play 3 centers, if that is where you see the value. You can do that a lot of times by playing one at PF, 1 at C, and 1 at utility. Or you might want to play 3 point guards, or 3 SF’s.

On FD guys are assigned one position. On DK you can be much more creative with your lineup. DK has late swap. So you can take more risks there if you are willing to watch news all night and make late changes to your lineups. Of course, you have to plan for that, if you roster a risky guy, you usually want to play them in the utility spot, and you also want to have a pivot in mind in the same price range of a guy whose game has not yet started.

• got9forya

@tmarohl said...

My advice is to do is slowly. DK and FD are not even comparable. Different strategies for both sites as well as different scoring. Draftkings players have multi-positional eligibility. I.E. Some Centers are Centers and Power Forwards. Some SG’s are both SG’s and SF’s, etc. There is also a utility spot

On DK you get double double or triple double bonuses. Steals and Blocks are worth less. Turnovers don’t hurt you has bad.

My advice would be to play some cheap $1 lineups until you get the hang of roster construction.

For instance, some nights you may want to play 3 centers, if that is where you see the value. You can do that a lot of times by playing one at PF, 1 at C, and 1 at utility. Or you might want to play 3 point guards, or 3 SF’s.

On FD guys are assigned one position. On DK you can be much more creative with your lineup. DK has late swap. So you can take more risks there if you are willing to watch news all night and make late changes to your lineups. Of course, you have to plan for that, if you roster a risky guy, you usually want to play them in the utility spot, and you also want to have a pivot in mind in the same price range of a guy whose game has not yet started.

Thank you for the insight. I really appreciate it. I might dabble in it this weekend with a few basketball lineups and some football lineups. It does seem like DK would be harder with all the options out their with roster construction

• telestraightshooter

I sent this message to dK support:

Request to have DK create a daily(?) GPP with 40% pay line, with less top heavy payout structure

I regularly hear in DFS community that the:
    A) joy of simply cashing is more rewarding than
    B) the joy of hoping for 1st place.

- signed, logical optimist

• monarch

@telestraightshooter said...

Request to have DK create a daily(?) GPP with 40% pay line, with less top heavy payout structure

I’d like to see them create a 20 dollar GPP on occasion say 25k entries and a flatter prize pool. 50k, 40, 30k instead of 100k then 25k.

• feekdogg

@got9forya said...

Baseball’s my best sport and I much prefer the way that FD’s baseball product is offered, so I play like 90% on FD for everything, just because I’m lazy and don’t want to start over. I’ve dabbled in DK here and there (usually when I get burned after no late swap on FD basketball). Roster construction is so much more complex on DK (or even Yahoo or FantasyDraft, for that matter). Like on FD last night, if you play Harden, that eats up one of your SG spots. You can’t go anywhere else with him. A lot of lineup construction on DK is slate-dependent. On nights like tonight, you might have 3 or more centers that you love. You can play two centers on every slate if you want (sometimes 3 or even 4 if they also have PF eligibility). On FD, you play one and one only. For guys like me who only play one lineup a night, you have to make your stand on FD and that sometimes leads to really tough decisions. I’d probably be better off on DK, but as mentioned above, lazy and whatnot.

• dominicanpapi

@feekdogg said...

Baseball’s my best sport and I much prefer the way that FD’s baseball product is offered, so I play like 90% on FD for everything, just because I’m lazy and don’t want to start over. I’ve dabbled in DK here and there (usually when I get burned after no late swap on FD basketball). Roster construction is so much more complex on DK (or even Yahoo or FantasyDraft, for that matter). Like on FD last night, if you play Harden, that eats up one of your SG spots. You can’t go anywhere else with him. A lot of lineup construction on DK is slate-dependent. On nights like tonight, you might have 3 or more centers that you love. You can play two centers on every slate if you want (sometimes 3 or even 4 if they also have PF eligibility). On FD, you play one and one only. For guys like me who only play one lineup a night, you have to make your stand on FD and that sometimes leads to really tough decisions. I’d probably be better off on DK, but as mentioned above, lazy and whatnot.

Last night, for example, was a great day to play on DK. There were like 6 guards who popped off and there’s a good chance based on MPE on DK, you could have played all of them and have Giannis in the PF or UTIL spot or something.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Draftkings players have multi-positional eligibility. I.E. Some Centers are Centers and Power Forwards. Some SG’s are both SG’s and SF’s, etc. There is also a utility spot

DK just confuses me

good description of the differences, though!

• Njsum1

@telestraightshooter said...

I like flatter structures however, I think 40% is way too much for a GPP. It’s like a cash game at that point.

Best structure for a grinder is 23-25% min cash 2x. First place around 5%. Don’t mind up to like 7%.

Look at the DK 50k and 1. It’s perfect today. It annoys me when they do min cash $1.50 instead of $2. Like come on. Like yesterday.

Yet today 25% min cash, min cash 2x..top prize 2k….perfect. I like the slate and the structure today…if I have time, I’ll max enter with 20 lineups.

Side note…finally a slate without Harden or ABC. Those slates suck

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Huerter Questionable, does that mean Bembry gets a random start at near minimum price on FD and blows up for 40 after being out of the rotation almost entirely over the last 1.5 weeks?

• Ace15

Looks like a balanced kind of night.

• newzreview

@Bodiaz36 said...

Yeah, forgot about Ayton being back. 3 centers all priced about the same on FD are all good plays tonight. I will probably be overweight on Vuc, but Harrell and Ayton are in play as well

I might try Biyombo and Zeller together.

• JSteele

Does someone want to explain to me why RJ Barrett is 4.5k on DK against Atlanta?

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Does someone want to explain to me why RJ Barrett is 4.5k on DK against Atlanta?

It’s a pricing error. Go with the flow

• Bodiaz36

Barrett is definitely underpriced on DK, and a fine play over there, but in fairness he’s kinda been playing like shit. Go check out his recent logs .Certainly overpriced on FD

• JSteele

@Bodiaz36 said...

Barrett is definitely underpriced on DK, and a fine play over there, but in fairness he’s kinda been playing like shit. Go check out his recent logs .Certainly overpriced on FD

To be fair, he’s had a couple bad matchups. Sacramento has been decent defensively and then Denver is one of the best in the league.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).