• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -4.5 ) at Charlotte ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at New York ( -2 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at New Orleans ( 2 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 6 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: 206.5
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• @captainwacky said...

I played a lot of both Len and Mitchell robinson alongside Howard or Mcgee on DK. Either one of those dudes could go bananas.

• ghostfacekicker

@RipCityRings said...

Glad I’m not alone on the Len train. Good news is Lakers play first so I’ll know real quick how dumb it was to fade their centers.

Len is banned from my DFS lineups.

• superjon

So I guess I’m not the only one that stacked IND and LAL

• ghostfacekicker

@tmarohl said...

I saw it all over the internet. Pelicans making Jrue available for trade talks.

He’s not going to the Bucks. Why not keep Brogdon then?

• RipCityRings

I don’t see a lot to love in that game, maybe JaVale and/or Dwight go nuts but even LeBron seems destined for the traditional 60 burger, which doesn’t mean much in 10.9K terms. Rondo is cheap and worth a shot, but a pretty bad matchup and no AD to lob it to.

I like Sabonis more than anyone here, Lakers have no one to stop him.

• ghostfacekicker

@tmarohl said...

My advice is to do is slowly. DK and FD are not even comparable. Different strategies for both sites as well as different scoring. Draftkings players have multi-positional eligibility. I.E. Some Centers are Centers and Power Forwards. Some SG’s are both SG’s and SF’s, etc. There is also a utility spot

On DK you get double double or triple double bonuses. Steals and Blocks are worth less. Turnovers don’t hurt you has bad.

My advice would be to play some cheap $1 lineups until you get the hang of roster construction.

For instance, some nights you may want to play 3 centers, if that is where you see the value. You can do that a lot of times by playing one at PF, 1 at C, and 1 at utility. Or you might want to play 3 point guards, or 3 SF’s.

On FD guys are assigned one position. On DK you can be much more creative with your lineup. DK has late swap. So you can take more risks there if you are willing to watch news all night and make late changes to your lineups. Of course, you have to plan for that, if you roster a risky guy, you usually want to play them in the utility spot, and you also want to have a pivot in mind in the same price range of a guy whose game has not yet started.

On FD some guys are assigned 2 positions. Depends on the slate to a degree. They never have “good players” at 2 positions but on those nights where the whole position is a punt they have players assigned to 2 positions. For instance yesterday C Martin from CHA was a SG and SF.

• kps3205s

@Vagpine said...

You’ve been warned

Nothing to share with the group? I mean we can all just come in here and say a name and come back later and pat ourselves on the back and say “I told you so”. Now if he flops will you come back and admit it was a bad play?

Knicks are 25th in def rating and 27th in pace.He’s averaging 28 DK points in 21 minutes/game over the last 10 days and has scored 20+ DK points in his last 6 while averaging 29.5 DK points over that same 6. Low price tag makes him a good GPP option.

Am I close as to why he could be a hidden gem?

No Sabonis, NO Cash (already)

• superstars92

@RipCityRings said...

In his rookie season, Ayton averaged 16.3/10.3/1.8 with .9 steals and .9 blocks, shot 58.5% from the field on just 12.3 FGAs per game and 74.6% from the line. Oh, and 60.8% true shooting, the second best true shooting percentage by a rookie averaging at least 15 points in NBA history. Yet somehow he’s going to make the Suns worse?

None of that is impressive. 0.9 steals and 0.9 blocks playing like 32+ mins is very bad. All the other rookies JJJ, Carter, Bamba, Mitchell Robinson probably did way better per minutes (and probably per game).

60.8% TS% is nothing special. Aron Baynes probably has higher than that this season when he’s started for Ayton. Many NBA Cs can easily shoot 60%+ TS%.

Look at Richaun Holmes stats this year when he’s started. I bet they are similar to Ayton’s. Ayton is like Richaun Holmes, don’t see a difference except Ayton is younger. He’ll get better but not really to the point where he’ll put PHX over the top.

• RipCityRings

@superstars92 said...

60.8% TS% is nothing special. Aron Baynes probably has higher than that this season when he’s started for Ayton. Many NBA Cs can easily shoot 60%+ TS%.

The second best ever TS% by a rookie is “nothing special”? I’d love to hear more about that…

• ghostfacekicker

@RipCityRings said...

I don’t see a lot to love in that game, maybe JaVale and/or Dwight go nuts but even LeBron seems destined for the traditional 60 burger, which doesn’t mean much in 10.9K terms. Rondo is cheap and worth a shot, but a pretty bad matchup and no AD to lob it to.

No AD, Sabonis grabbing 20 rbs tonight. Lebron 60 chalk I’ll take it. McGee usage bump with no AD. The love goes to Brogdon who is criminally under owned on FD at 13.3%. Great pivot off od Dinwiddie and Young. Almost went Rubio but he can’t be trusted at all. Lakers have elite defense but are middle of the pack against PGs and elite PGs eat them up. Brogdon is borderline elite but for sure has an elite ceiling.

• moosedrool

Well, crap, LeBro off to a hot start

• RipCityRings

@ghostfacekicker said...

No AD, Sabonis grabbing 20 rbs tonight. Lebron 60 chalk I’ll take it. McGee usage bump with no AD. The love goes to Brogdon who is criminally under owned on FD at 13.3%. Great pivot off od Dinwiddie and Young. Almost went Rubio but he can’t be trusted at all. Lakers have elite defense but are middle of the pack against PGs and elite PGs eat them up. Brogdon is borderline elite but for sure has an elite ceiling.

Brogdon’s in a decent spot but I personally think Conley, RJ, Elf and Rondo are better PPD plays at guard tonight. And Hart, if you can count him. I’m even playing Lonzo tonight which is always a depressing thought.

• ghostfacekicker

@RipCityRings said...

Another thing to love about this game is the Lakers play with their food before they chow down so everyone should play close to estimated minutes. They let teams hang around until the 4th unlike say a Bucks who smack you down in the first three quarters. I don’t have numbers to back that up but I have been watching games on league pass all year.

• RipCityRings

And yeah I’d love to play some Rubio if I knew Bev was out, a Rubio/Ayton stack is probably pretty low-owned tonight but in a good spot with Book out.

• ghostfacekicker

@RipCityRings said...

Brogdon’s in a decent spot but I personally think Conley, RJ, Elf and Rondo are better PPD plays at guard tonight. And Hart, if you can count him. I’m even playing Lonzo tonight which is always a depressing thought.

FD GPP 1x Lineup

I played Hart and Elf. I played Brogdon as a contrarian pick and it looks like it might work. He’ll be top 4 PGs by point tonight for sure. The only play I’m really concerned about at the moment is Huerter.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Ball and Holiday Starting

• ghostfacekicker

@RipCityRings said...

And yeah I’d love to play some Rubio if I knew Bev was out, a Rubio/Ayton stack is probably pretty low-owned tonight but in a good spot with Book out.

I like Rubio to burn me if he’s in my lineup. But yeah he has a decent floor and high ceiling.

• captainwacky

@ghostfacekicker said...

On FD some guys are assigned 2 positions. Depends on the slate to a degree. They never have “good players” at 2 positions but on those nights where the whole position is a punt they have players assigned to 2 positions. For instance yesterday C Martin from CHA was a SG and SF.

I’m not sure if you’re serious, but if you are, this is fantastic.

• DC2380

thoughts on joe harris?

• superstars92

@RipCityRings said...

The second best ever TS% by a rookie is “nothing special”? I’d love to hear more about that…

On 0 threes. His TS% is only high because he shoots FTs better than most Cs. I’ll give him that. But TS% is heavily favored towards Cs.

I’d say he’s similar to Montrez Harrell, who’s a borderline all star. I mean if Ayton is an All-Star, that’s not so bad, but first overall picks can’t just be like borderline All-Stars, not when you have Luka and a few others drafted after you.

• tmarohl

@ghostfacekicker said...

He’s not going to the Bucks. Why not keep Brogdon then?

I didn’t say he was. For the 100th time, Brogdon didn’t want to be here and paying him 80 million to be the fourth option on offense wasn’t practical.

• captainwacky

TS% is a fine stat. It doesn’t really mean anything by itself, and as superstars alluded to, if all your shots are close or FT and you shoot well there, it will look good. Ayton has a chance to be good, but he currently really isn’t anything special. His frame and skills on both ends give him tremendous opportunity, but there are countless ways for him to not be great as well. One of the leading candidates is that he plays for the Suns.

• moosedrool

@ghostfacekicker said...

FD GPP 1x Lineup

I played Hart and Elf. I played Brogdon as a contrarian pick and it looks like it might work. He’ll be top 4 PGs by point tonight for sure. The only play I’m really concerned about at the moment is Huerter.

KCP playing his type of D tonight – could be a long night for Brogdon

• RipCityRings

@superstars92 said...

On 0 threes. His TS% is only high because he shoots FTs better than most Cs. I’ll give him that. But TS% is heavily favored towards Cs.

I would think virtually any team in the league would love a 16/10 rookie with 61% TS. Being that efficient on a dumpster fire team like last year’s Suns is an accomplishment in-and-of itself.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).