• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -4.5 ) at Charlotte ( 4.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 3.5 ) at Indiana ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2 ) at New York ( -2 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at New Orleans ( 2 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 6 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: 206.5
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• thedude404

• 2015 FanDuel NBA Playboy Mansion Finalist

@got9forya said...

Ok So serious question. In everyone’s opinion that plays both Sites FD and DK. Which do you prefer for each sport. I have pretty much always played FD but seems like more people on here play DK. Any Advice on switching and the way i construct lineups

Golf: DK. Have maybe played golf on FD once.
    NBA: DK. Allows more flexibility in lineup construction. Negatives of DK: Having a live final in Hoboken, NJ in the middle of winter. Maybe next year they’ll choose Detroit.
    NFL: Doesnt really matter this year for me as I’ve sucked at NFL, but again probably DK.

Advice on switching from FD to DK for NBA: Take advantage of the ability to use players at their multiple positions.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

An early look at the fun NBA slate tonight. Here’s a hint – stack the Pels/Nets.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3235001

• thedude404

@telestraightshooter said...

I sent this message to dK support:

Request to have DK create a daily(?) GPP with 40% pay line, with less top heavy payout structure

I regularly hear in DFS community that the:
    A) joy of simply cashing is more rewarding than
    B) the joy of hoping for 1st place.

- signed, logical optimist

40% payline? Isnt that almost a double up? While like yourself I hate top heavy payouts dont you think paying out 40% in gpp’s is a bit extreme?

• thedude404

@JSteele said...

Does someone want to explain to me why RJ Barrett is 4.5k on DK against Atlanta?

If you look in the teams roster, they dont have RJ listed as a starter. Somebody screwed up there. Guessing that affected the pricing.

• Ndepompei

@Bodiaz36 said...

Barrett is definitely underpriced on DK, and a fine play over there, but in fairness he’s kinda been playing like shit. Go check out his recent logs .Certainly overpriced on FD

not playing great but he’s getting the minutes plug him at 100% and move on tonight

• superstars92

@Sleazygreazy said...

Huerter Questionable, does that mean Bembry gets a random start at near minimum price on FD and blows up for 40 after being out of the rotation almost entirely over the last 1.5 weeks?

No

• Bodiaz36

Elf Payton didn’t have any problem with the Denver defense. I think I’d rather have him off the bench, more upside at the moment. RJ may get right tonight against a porous Hawk defense, but on FD, you have Lou (if he plays), Bogdan, and Josh Hart all cheaper there. I would take any of them over RJ right now.

• yisman

The Fanduel santa streak contest had an entry fee of $4.44, the highest yet (previous high was $2.22), so a lot of players got eliminated. Almost 100.

I entered 5 times and didn’t cash any, but I had two entries that finished top 50%. Hope I make it to the end with the $50 or so I’m wasting over the course of this.

• superstars92

Oh look the draft bust DeAndre Ayton (who puts up good counting stats so many people will think he’s still ok) is back. Suns will only get worse from here.

• superstars92

@Bodiaz36 said...

Elf Payton didn’t have any problem with the Denver defense. I think I’d rather have him off the bench, more upside at the moment. RJ may get right tonight against a porous Hawk defense, but on FD, you have Lou (if he plays), Bogdan, and Josh Hart all cheaper there. I would take any of them over RJ right now.

Bogdon is going to be like 5% owned tonight so I guess it’s pretty contrarian.

• Bodiaz36

I actually like Bog a lot tonight. Seems like he’s getting into a good rhythm, taking a lot of shots.Like the matchup too

• dominicanpapi

@sochoice said...

An early look at the fun NBA slate tonight. Here’s a hint – stack the Pels/Nets.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3235001

This is just the paranoia in me, but fading the last game is tough. It’s essentially an island game. My assumption is it will have low ownership which will be great in tournaments. I’m not suggesting a full game stack, and I don’t play on DK, but Kawhi and/or George are viable if Lou Williams is out again.

• superstars92

@Bodiaz36 said...

I actually like Bog a lot tonight. Seems like he’s getting into a good rhythm, taking a lot of shots.Like the matchup too

He just had 1 good game recently and he’s about to take a massive usage hit. I actually see him around 5% possibly on DK on a 6 game slate even, so he’ll be like a pivot off of Barrett

• dominicanpapi

Yeah Fox is coming back. Kings are essentially at full strength again. Fox returning bites into Bogdan, Hield, etc. I’m probably off of Sacramento until I see a decent sample size of how Luke’s gonna run his rotations, they’re like 11 deep.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

Does someone want to explain to me why RJ Barrett is 4.5k on DK against Atlanta?

It’s all about game logs. It’s hideous, but yes, he’s under priced for the match up and his ceiling.

• monarch

@dominicanpapi said...

Yeah Fox is coming back. Kings are essentially at full strength again. Fox returning bites into Bogdan, Hield, etc. I’m probably off of Sacramento until I see a decent sample size of how Luke’s gonna run his rotations, they’re like 11 deep.

Fox does help some Kings with his return. It doesn’t make all of the worse

• madskillz84

@telestraightshooter said...

Request to have DK create a daily(?) GPP with 40% pay line, with less top heavy payout structure

DK NFL had this a few years ago, called the double bubble. It was 40% payout with the top 10 winning more money. I loved it, they of course took it away.

• superstars92

The problem with guys like DeAndre Ayton and Marvin Bagley is their teams will eventually have to play them heavy mins as the season goes on. Bagley will eventually be a starter, Ayton will get a lot of mins, even if Holmes/Baynes may be better for the team.

It’s what happens when you are drafted high, you’ll just keep getting chances early on since teams don’t understand sunk cost.

Same reason it took Suns 3 years to finally realize Bender sucked, should have released him after year 1. Same reason Knicks keep playing Kevin Knox, he should be in the G league now. Same reason why Cam Reddish will keep getting 25-30 mins for next 2 years…

There’s a 100% chance Ayton will never be as good as Luka right now, but Suns have to make him at least seem like he isn’t a total bust by playing him a lot.

• Shaudy_lo

Who benefits on Charlotte with PJ Washington out

• JSteele

I know the matchup is tough, but Jonathan Isaac is one of those guys that does much better with a full team around him, rather than being the guy. He had one of his better games in awhile with Vuc back last game and his price hasn’t really adjusted. Utah isn’t really the matchup I would like to target, but he’s a good source of peripherals and defensive stats.

• Jeddy3

Think Conley gets a full run tonight? 5500 seems like he could pay off pretty easily.

• JSteele

@Shaudy_lo said...

Who benefits on Charlotte with PJ Washington out

Marvin Williams is back so thats gonna cut into some of the rotation but Zeller and Biyombo got an increase and Miles Bridges minutes are safe.

• monarch

Superstars- Bagley should always be a Lou Williams as a big man. Nobody thinks Lou is a great player independent of his sixth man status. Bagley could be that but if he is forced into a starting role then he will forever be perceived as a bust

• frugal

@newzreview said...

I might try Biyombo and Zeller together.

Yes sir!

• superstars92

@monarch said...

Superstars- Bagley should always be a Lou Williams as a big man. Nobody thinks Lou is a great player independent of his sixth man status. Bagley could be that but if he is forced into a starting role then he will forever be perceived as a bust

I agree but Kings can’t do that. They have to start him because they have to showcase him as the #2 pick. So over time, he will slowly replace Holmes and eventually be the starter. Holmes has been surprisingly good (Kings back in the playoff spot in the West) for a guy who is really cheap and undrafted. But it doens’t matter how good Holmes as been because Bagley is the #2 pick. Bagley is one of those guys that should benefit with De’Aaron Fox actually with the PNR (but his mins won’t jump to 30 right away so it’s a tough call, eventually over the long run 5.5k on DK is too cheap he’ll be 7k).

It’s the same thing with Trubisky and the Bears. Trubisky is an ok QB, but clearly Bears messed up using all those picks to trade up for him and picking him over Mahomes/Watson. But Bears will continue to play him because he was the #2 pick. If he was a 7th rounder doing the same things as he was earlier this season, he would have been gone already.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).