7:30 PM EST : Miami ( -2.5 ) at Atlanta ( 2.5 ) —- T: 202
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5.5 ) at Okla City ( -5.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 208
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 11.5 ) at San Antonio ( -11.5 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

This slate tonight has an endless amount of options and directions to go. Last night when I first started to comb through it I really wanted to stay balanced, as I’m seeing numerous guys in the 5-7k range on DK capable of hitting 40-50 DK points tonight. I figured if I could narrow it down to a pool of 15 or so plays I could just rotate through them and hopefully hit the right combo. I hate putting too many value guys in a line up, as I feel like the bust rate is a lot higher then your steady mid-range guy in good spots. Plus as evidenced by the board this morning, I figured balanced would be the contrarian move and everyone would be drooling on the value.

As I dig a little deeper this morning I am starting to flip a bit. Their is so many 8-10x type value guys out there you can just as easily rotate them in and out and hope to hit the right ones. I still have no interest in doubling up on Durant and Westbrook, but I certainly see the case for using one. Taking 2 or 3 sub 4.5k guys then going mid-range.

I love the idea of stacking the PHI/CHI game. I’m hoping Markkanen is out so we can play Mirotic and Portis with confidence. Dunn is a great play obviously and I’m hoping Nwaba goes overlooked with all the other value out there. Not to mention Holiday still has huge upside at 4.9k. On the Philly side of course Saric and Holmes are in play with Covington and Redick priced with room for upside as well. I have little to no interest in Simmons.

Of course the GSW/LAL game is extremely stackable as well. I’m not going to bother running through all the good plays from this game, everybody knows who they are, but will mention that right now Ingram is my favorite.

Love Walker, Mitchell, and Horford who have been mentioned. All in great match-ups and priced to sell.

3 names I don’t think that have been mentioned that are easy to like are Richardson and Olynyk in Miami, and Nurkic. ATL is awful defensively. JJ, Whiteside, and possibly Winslow are all out. Atlanta turns the ball over a ton. I could see Richardson racking up steals here. They also give up more 3 pointers than anyone, which benefits both. If Nurkic gets 30+ minutes and stays out of foul trouble with KAT, which is the big if, he will smash.

If DSJ is out it’s also very easy to like Yogi, and Matthews.

• KATburger

• Blogger of the Month

Pretty sure I figured out the cause of the images not showing in yesterdays blog, I think its because I had the images as private on flickr. I’ve fixed it, they should be accessible. Today I’ll have some interesting charts for you guys so i’m hoping that the issue’s resolved

All the Kemba/Ingram/McCaw/Towns !!!

ttyl guys. (for the regulars that check the blog, once it’s posted please let me know if the images show for you)

• gaelicgirl

@RAWSHADTX said...

Of course. Who else is going to play PG?

Quinn Cook. Omri Casspi will be the best value play from GS, IMO, followed by Jordan Bell.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@KATburger said...

Pretty sure I figured out the cause of the images not showing in yesterdays blog, I think its because I had them images as private on flickr. I’ve fixed it, they should be accessible. Today I’ll have some interesting charts for you guys so i’m hoping that the issue’s resolved

ttyl guys. (for the regulars that check the blog, once it’s posted please let me know if the images show for you)

broOoOO don’t even go there with McCaw LOL

If he happens to drop 25, still in good shape. I don’t think he’ll drop 40 again..that was vs SAC..

That being said, if he does, I accept that and I’ll be chillin on my couch just like this

• BBWC_10

@KATburger said...

Pretty sure I figured out the cause of the images not showing in yesterdays blog, I think its because I had the images as private on flickr. I’ve fixed it, they should be accessible. Today I’ll have some interesting charts for you guys so i’m hoping that the issue’s resolved

I can’t do McCaw, I understand your thinking but seems like Durant and Klay take every shot unless they dump it down to Bell. I know the DVP isn’t there but looks like the Suns are trying out a new PG who did really well last game.

• blackdirkdiggler

@Njsum1 said...

Towns DK price is nice, so he’s worth some run here, yet I’m not confident in the play, especially if Butler plays. If he sits, I like the play a little more, yet if towns is going to be popular I’d probably look to Teague a little more, if Butler sits.

Also….fantastic slate tonight, win lose or draw, if you love DFS hoops, you gotta love this slate.

Till 7:15…..when the late scratches for the 8pm games come in.

• MrPerfekt7

@Theguy49503 said...

Is anybody eyeing Michael Beasley?

Yep if Zingis is out

• MrPerfekt7

@elving188 said...

Fat chance after he put up a 40 burger and Jonas did fuck all lol

Odds are no one will go back to Jonas and all will go to Udoh..

And I’ll be counting my cash with Thabo

Joe Johnson could be sneaky

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Joe Johnson could be sneaky

Yeah so many guys there! I’m absolutely taking Mitchell again though. He’s the safest, of course.

• Njsum1

@blackdirkdiggler said...

Till 7:15…..when the late scratches for the 8pm games come in.

As long as Kemba isn’t late scratched, I’ll have some hope.

Luckily he plays at 7…still anything could happen….but please don’t 😭

• Ndepompei

Markannen playing?

• gillio

How can you play a guy who put up 7 DK points in 30 minutes? Much better plays than McCaw tonight.

• frugal

Hey all, hopefully you won some money over the weekend. Today we have 2 chalk value plays on Yahoo in Richaun Holmes $10 and Jordan Bell $13. Here are some great pivots or additional value to go full stud scrub:

David Nwaba $11 – Nwaba has hit 3X+ in 3 of the last 5 games and gets an excellent matchup boosted further by playing off the bench. I like his shot at a 3X performance if he sees 30+ minutes.

Maxi Kleber $10 – Kleber isn’t a safe value play by any means. But when the dude is on, he destroys. I like him tonight in a soft matchup against a team that rebounds almost as poorly as the Mavs. Also, I know projecting blocks pretty futile but PHO allows the 9th most per game and Kleber has had 1+ block in 4 of the last 6 coming off a 3 block party against SA and starting with a monster 5 blocks vs BOS.

Frank Ntilikina $10 – After a string of solid games, Frank got schooled by Westbrook committing 4 fouls in only 13 minutes of play. I think tonight, we’ll see a return to the minutes split we’ve seen the past few weeks with Frank having a very strong change of exceeding 2X.

Good luck!

• RAWSHADTX

@gillio said...

How can you play a guy who put up 7 DK points in 30 minutes? Much better plays than McCaw tonight.

Hey, you gotta look at all your options today.

Let’s say he plays 30 minutes again and actually does work at that price against the Lakers.

Not saying you HAVE to pick him, but I would definitely understand why.

Bell and Casspi is definitely my favorite looks so far.

Someone mentioned Holiday too and I’m mad that they did because that’s a good play too.

PHI/CHI game could actually be stacked.

• Cotycron30

I know he has been pretty awful, but I see this being the night the Dragon blows up. 30%+ usage rate with Whiteside, Johnson, and Winslow off the court. Good match up and great history.

• gillio

Mirotic > Saric imo tonight.

Saric doesn’t really have upside over 40 points. He’s great for cash, because he’ll get you around 35 points but I’m not seeing his upside at $5800 tonight.

I’m usually all over Saric with Embiid out but his price is too high for any winning upside tonight.

• TicketRaven

When is Mickey playing in Orlando – that is the question.

• mbunner23

Wonder how many times we hear Melo and revenge in the same sentence today….

• jglumsic

@mbunner23 said...

Wonder how many times we hear Melo and revenge in the same sentence today….

Wondering when Melo will drop below 6k. He needs to be at this point

• Ndepompei

@gillio said...

Saric doesn’t really have upside over 40 points. He’s great for cash, because he’ll get you around 35 points but I’m not seeing his upside at $5800 tonight.

I’m usually all over Saric with Embiid out but his price is too high for any winning upside tonight.

What if Markannen plays?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@gillio said...

I’m guessing you just browsed through his game logs like me and saw he hasn’t really topped 40 and does hover around 35 almost game to game, so I agree on the cash game play for sure!

I guess the upside COULD be there. Mirotic is a solid play especially hoping Lauri is out

But could lean toward Cov at only $500 over Saric with 50+ upside. Idk if he has that upside in THIS game but I could see it. Plus everyone and their grandma is gonna be on Saric, everyone gonna overlook Cov/Reddick and I think Simmons too

• Pandamonious

@RAWSHADTX said...

Someone mentioned Holiday too and I’m mad that they did because that’s a good play too.

Don’t worry, I doubt anyone takes my advice. Even if they do there’s not enough of them to do anything to budge his ownership.

• gillio

@Ndepompei said...

What if Markannen plays?

Then throw this out

• Njsum1

A lot of lock in Jordan Bell talk. Has he ever seen over 26 minutes in a game? He’s also not low to mid 3k anymore. He’s 4500, and while he should hit value in that time frame, I’m not seeing him as the lock hes being talked up to be. I still think he’s a solid play and will have some because he could get over 30dk points here, yet doesnt Casspi for 4100 and 30 minutes upside seem like a better play?

• Pandamonious

@Ndepompei said...

What if Markannen plays?

In my opinion you just avoid the Bulls front court and hope they all eat away points from each other.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).