Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 12 ) at Indiana ( -12 ) —- T: 207.5
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( -4.5 ) at Atlanta ( 4.5 ) —- T: 236
    7:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -2 ) at Brooklyn ( 2 ) —- T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) —- T: 208

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Liquidice944 said...

Beal or Collins for raw points Panda?

Tough call, but Collins actually seems safer to me.

• For me, one big piece of news today will be if Allen Crabbe returns or if Rodi Kurucs gets another start. I get to see a lot of Nets games and this rookie looks legit. Super fast for a big. Always grinding and hustling. Can hit 3’s or take it to the hole. And the bonus is if the Lakers blow out the Nets he should stay on the floor in the fourth I would imagine. Let’s hope they “play it safe” with Crabbe tonight LOL.

I am NOT whiffing on my low-priced value guy AGAIN tonight. Grrrrr I had Booker, Tobias and Dame last night BUT frigging Kennard and his 3.5 points turned me from winning the whole thing into barely in the money. C’mon Rody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dmbtrip2004

ariza is going to throw a huge wrench into the Wiz tonight…can you trust Wall, Beal and the rest to not have usage zapped?

• dominicanpapi

@dmbtrip2004 said...

ariza is going to throw a huge wrench into the Wiz tonight…can you trust Wall, Beal and the rest to not have usage zapped?

Ariza is a 3 and D guy. He’s just gonna stand in the corner and not look for his own shot.

• zeelazy

Chandler could be worth a look if Mcgee is out, Craig is also a good value play for tonights slate.

• monarch

@dominicanpapi said...

Ariza is a 3 and D guy. He’s just gonna stand in the corner and not look for his own shot.

He was getting usage with PHX

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

While I generally agree with your take of Ariza being a 3 and D guy, I don’t agree with the tone of this post suggesting Ariza is not going to do anything tonight.

We don’t know what he’ll do as it’s his first game BACK with the Wizards. Don’t forget he’s ran with Wall and Beal before, and they might want to welcome him back by gettting him invlolved. He may be a good play against the sloppy hawks. A block, couple of steals, some boards, some threes. Love him as a GPP play. Low owned, with a heap of uncertainty, upside, and bust potential mixed in.

• ushook

@Njsum1 said...

While I generally agree with your take of Ariza being a 3 and D guy, I don’t agree with the tone of this post suggesting Ariza is not going to do anything tonight.

We don’t know what he’ll do as it’s his first game BACK with the Wizards. Don’t forget he’s ran with Wall and Beal before, and they might want to welcome him back by gettting him invlolved. He may be a good play against the sloppy hawks. A block, couple of steals, some boards, some threes. Love him as a GPP play. Low owned, with a heaping of uncertainty, upside, and bust potential mixed in.

He will not be low owned.

• dmbtrip2004

@ushook said...

really doesnt matter if he is low owned or not, what matters is the usage he will steal from Wall/Beal/Green and Morris. I think you have to significantly downgrade all of them.

• @Njsum1 said...

We don’t know what he’ll do as it’s his first game BACK with the Wizards. Don’t forget he’s ran with Wall and Beal before, and they might want to welcome him back by gettting him invlolved. He may be a good play against the sloppy hawks. A block, couple of steals, some boards, some threes. Love him as a GPP play. Low owned, with a heap of uncertainty, upside, and bust potential mixed in.

Well Ariza is starting tonight. Projected to be the highest scoring game by far against the most turnover prone team? Oh and he’s cheaper than normal too. Sign me up.

• frugal

@dmbtrip2004 said...

Ask yourself if Wall/Beal were good plays if Porter was playing tonight. Porter 15.8% usage vs Ariza ~14% usage last 3 seasons, Dekker has a monster 31% usage last game.

• bucherpsu08

@monarch said...

Usage just refers to plays that end with a shot, TO or free throws. He’s not the type of player that needs a high usage rate to generate fantasy points.

• CJtheGrump

@monarch said...

I think that had a lot to with not having Booker and having the rest of the team struggle to score more than 10 points in the 1st quarter on more than one occasion.

• Tajtrivedi

@dmbtrip2004 said...

really doesnt matter if he is low owned or not, what matters is the usage he will steal from Wall/Beal/Green and Morris. I think you have to significantly downgrade all of them.

No one on earth can take the ball out of John Walls selfish ass hands

• Jonas137

Tomorrow no Randle, no Miro. Holiday AD chalk city against the Bucks

• Njsum1

@ushook said...

You’re right, he probably won’t be low owned on DK, probably highly owned. Yet I’m focusing on Yahoo tonight as he’s the same price as Thad young, Sabonis, Barnes, Trae Young. He’ll be low owned there.

• dominicanpapi

@Njsum1 said...

My point is we’re not going to get Phoenix Ariza, where he’s a threat to score 20-25 points every night. He’ll probably have a 15/7/3 assists type of outing, which isn’t terrible.

• Bradsh86

Just curious, I see some of you are really good players.

What contests do you mostly enter or find most profitable, do you abide by the 80/20 rule?
    I find that the lower entry contest are basically like the lottery to win. Thanks guys ( I’m a DK player)

• Ace15

@Njsum1 said...

You’re right, he probably won’t be low owned on DK, probably highly owned. Yet I’m focusing on Yahoo tonight as he’s the same price as Thad young, Sabonis, Barnes, Trae Young. He’ll be low owned there.

3 Bullets into Yahoo last night, first time ever. $30 in, $110 out. It’s either super soft or I was hot, had Hardaway Jr too lol. I feel like its easier to fit studs in on Yahoo. Yahoo players notice this too?

• frugal

@dominicanpapi said...

My point is we’re not going to get Phoenix Ariza, where he’s a threat to score 20-25 points every night. He’ll probably have a 15/7/3 assists type of outing, which isn’t terrible.

Ariza’s usage in PHO this season was no different than HOU the last 2, ~14. He only had 4 games this year with PHO with an 18+ usage rate. It will be difficult for him to have an increased usage rate playing next to Wall and Beal unless they specifically game plan to give him higher usage, which IMHO is unlikely.

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

3 Bullets into Yahoo last night, first time ever. $30 in, $110 out. It’s either super soft or I was hot, had Hardaway Jr too lol. I feel like its easier to fit studs in on Yahoo. Yahoo players notice this too?

They recently lowered salaries in coordination with they guaranteed overlay promotion, they’re aggressively trying to win players over and no better way than some new folks winning money. But yes, in general pretty easy to fit in 2 studs a night really. That said…I’ve been miserable on Yahoo this season and doing way better on DK…go figure.

• ushook

@Ace15 said...

Yahoo scoring has been insane this year. Ive dropped 320+ multiple times and had minimum cash outs.

• Njsum1

@dominicanpapi said...

Or 8/5/2…or 18/7/4/3/1…haha…range of outcomes is huge for him. Dirt cheap on DK, a little overpriced on Yahoo, which is why I like him on Yahoo. Lower ownership.

Also props, to Yahoo for making a nice push to get players with guaranteed overlay contests. Good roster construction too. Rigid, yet not too rigid.

While I’m giving out props to sites, props to DK with the achievement bonuses. Theyre great for small volume players and people looking to try a new sport. If you play but a single QA every night of the NBA season and NHL season, you get the equivalent of $100 of contest entries. (Iron man) You can lose every night (which is impossible) and still come out ahead.

Figure the sites catch enough flack that I’ll give props when deserved.

• mogizzle

@Ace15 said...

Yahoo’s pricing is softer than other sites. Lots of value at the low end to allow studs. With that being said, everyone else is working with the same salaries so you probably just had a good night. I don’t find Yahoo any easier than FD or DK

• lotusbomb

anyone have an idea of jeff green’s projected minutes with porter and oubre out and ariza and morris in?

I don’t wanna pay that price for him if he is only gonna see 20-25 minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).