7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -1 ) at Washington ( 1 ) —- T: 230.5
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 9.5 ) at Denver ( -9.5 ) —- T: 203
    9:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: 218.5
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 9.5 ) at Portland ( -9.5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

@sochoice said...

Gafford played last game. A whopping 1 minute.

He wasnt 100 percent. And he is a fringe player so we will probably never know when he is back but he basically unlocks the ceiling to Lauri Markannen

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Time to get some selfish players in our lineups tonight.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3236473

• monarch

Andre Drummond goggles game. Optimizer cannot account for that

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

He wasnt 100 percent. And he is a fringe player so we will probably never know when he is back but he basically unlocks the ceiling to Lauri Markannen

Maybe. You could also make the case that Gafford’s minutes are more tied to extended ones for Thad Young or to a lesser degree Valentine (and that if Markkanen is crushing they’ll let him keep going). I’m not saying either one of us is necessarily right, but I see either path being correct.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Andre Drummond goggles game. Optimizer cannot account for that

Are they beer goggles?

• JSteele

Kemba + Brunson or Paul + Markkanen

• captainwacky

I mean… the first is probably a better play on paper, but I would play the 2nd in GPP’s.

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

Maybe. You could also make the case that Gafford’s minutes are more tied to extended ones for Thad Young or to a lesser degree Valentine (and that if Markkanen is crushing they’ll let him keep going). I’m not saying either one of us is necessarily right, but I see either path being correct.

I dont think Boylen prefers to play Lauri at center unless he has to but tonight he can clearly get away with it. Lauri makes all the sense in the world tonight but I cannot rule out that he could just play 29 minutes either.

• Bodiaz36

Darn, slightly less interested in Rose and Brown now…Blake going for a 40-burger at 5% ownership or less would be so typical

• tmarohl

@JSteele said...

I wouldn’t play Markkanen, so the first combo

• Sleazygreazy

@JSteele said...

Paul & Bertans

• JSteele

@Sleazygreazy said...

Paul & Bertans

Already have Bertans in

• BerkeleyBoss

Is Mahinmi finally gonna pay off? Brooks says “Pasecniks will probably be in the rotation tonight”.

• tmarohl

FVV out

• choppadown

Stuck between JVAL and Wendell Carter want to play too many bulls but….

• megatronswanson

Kelly O. begging me to play him at season low 3.7k on DK. Philly plays big, but they’re stout defensively and his minutes have been sporadic to say the least. Decisions …

• JSteele

@megatronswanson said...

Kelly O. begging me to play him at season low 3.7k on DK. Philly plays big, but they’re stout defensively and his minutes have been sporadic to say the least. Decisions …

If DJJ is out he’s a fine play. He should have to play 30+

• hithisisnom

Seems like a pretty good contrarian slate. Some super low-owned studs in good spots (Lillard, Whiteside, Siakim, Ingram), high ceiling guys in tough matchups (Simmons, Jokic, Embiid), in addition to some pivots I really like. If you run this slate 100 times, Jonas outscores Bertans more than 10 percent of the time, right? Brown over Tatum feels like the easiest pivot in the world, too.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

I dont think Boylen prefers to play Lauri at center unless he has to but tonight he can clearly get away with it. Lauri makes all the sense in the world tonight but I cannot rule out that he could just play 29 minutes either.

You’re implying that Boylen has a linear thought process regarding basketball?

• JSteele

Bertans is starting as expected. He played 40 minutes last time he started.

• feekdogg

Do we assume Milsap sits again?

• cfitz19

IT & Barton or Damion Lee & Jrue H.?

• BBWC_10

@monarch said...

Anyone think Daniel Theis plays more minutes tonight since they Celtics are missing Time Lord and Marcus Smart so they are really limited in how they defend KP. They cant survive with Enes Kanter out there for long stretches defensively.

You just stumbled upon my sleeper of the night. I think the C’s need Kanter tonight, Porzingis is the stretch guy and I wouldn’t consider a offensive juggernaut .

• captainwacky

I like the thought of Kanter too, but Monarch’s point is pretty valid— if Kanter is on the floor, who guards porzingis? I don’t think they’re just going to concede pick and pop 3’s to him.

• JSteele

@captainwacky said...

I like the thought of Kanter too, but Monarch’s point is pretty valid— if Kanter is on the floor, who guards porzingis? I don’t think they’re just going to concede pick and pop 3’s to him.

Porzingis is such a matchup nightmare for anybody he’s 8 ft tall and can shoot the 3. I don’t think they can really matchup effectively with him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.