• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 5.5 ) at Indiana ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 2.5 ) at Okla City ( -2.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 195
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 8.5 ) at Denver ( -8.5 ) —- T: 202.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• jayzee666

@bigkino217 said...

i guess 12.5k/60k is a lot more manageable than 12.8k/50k.

Yeah, much easier to fade the studs on DK than it is on FD. Their pricing makes it more challenging I think. Still tough if your “value/midlevel” picks don’t pan out, which happens to me all too often.

• Sleepyfloyd16

Man, I did a horrible job picking my value plays tonight, but still managed to eke out a small profit. I was able to cash lineups with and without Westbrook. I won’t hesitate to fade him if I don’t like the match-up at his current price. I haven’t looked at the entire slate and prices for tomorrow yet, but I might fade Jokic in some or all lineups. Not really the ideal scenario for him like tonight was. However, even if he has a horrible night and only puts up 20 fpts, he’s still not going to kill your lineup at his price.

• Kloozy

@rebkell said...

DK 6x + Players:

DKxVal DKPoints DKPos DK-Salary Team__ Player
    9.34 59.75 C 6400 DEN Nikola Jokic
    8.48 47.50 PG 5600 CHI Rajon Rondo
    7.96 30.25 PF/C 3800 DAL Dwight Powell
    7.40 37.00 SG 5000 DEN Gary Harris
    7.25 21.75 C 3000 CHI Cristiano Felicio
    7.18 28.00 PG/SG 3900 PHX Brandon Knight
    7.17 32.25 SG/SF 4500 ATL Kent Bazemore
    7.08 25.50 SF/PF 3600 CHI Nikola Mirotic
    7.07 49.50 PG 7000 IND Jeff Teague
    6.93 33.25 PF 4800 IND Thaddeus Young
    6.92 47.75 PG 6900 ATL Dennis Schroder
    6.84 36.25 PG 5300 DEN Emmanuel Mudiay
    6.70 50.25 PF 7500 ATL Paul Millsap
    6.56 36.75 SF/PF 5600 WAS Otto Porter
    6.53 20.25 SF 3100 CHI Doug McDermott
    6.51 41.00 C 6300 IND Myles Turner
    6.48 38.25 PG 5900 DAL Deron Williams
    6.46 38.75 C 6000 WAS Marcin Gortat
    6.43 22.50 SG 3500 DAL Seth Curry
    6.21 55.25 PF/C 8900 MIN Karl-Anthony Towns
    6.08 18.25 PG 3000 MIN Kris Dunn

I swear that list looks like the same names that were all popping on RG Incentives today. Thank goodness, I made a couple of my own projections, which didn’t pan out near as well…

• yorick

Good night for me as I cashed all my lineups. Been turning it around I feel. Glad I stayed on the Jokic train and was all in again. Overall my core of players I rostered was really strong today minus Markieff. Rondo was the key pick tonight who I missed sadly; who’s it gonna be tomorrow?

• ajs1281

@gravitymaze said...

Ah no wonder such a high cashline. Was stupid anyway to have such a high prize with just 5 games.

Without coming off as too much like a conspiracy guy I am going to say FD knows exactly what they are doing. Ive been noticing the clutch shot usually comes on shorter slates and have my own theory on that its a 2 fold idea.
    1) If they run the clutch shot with bigger prizes on shorter slates, it usually really benefits the max entry players because on nights when the chalk doesn’t come in those players have the advantage of being able to cover more combos of the lower owned guys. It’s been said on here countless time how the sites cater to that population, so this would not surprise me.
    2) On nights when the chalk does come in, the top prizes are more likely to split. Meaning more players may take shots at higher levels. Also meaning more money stays on the site instead of someone pulling 90k off out of 100k you have alot of people leaving a larger percent on FD to play with a new bankroll which keeps turning over into rake for them.

• MisterMister

16 lousy points from 100k. Maaaaan. And yes, that is the most insane thing, never seen nearly sixty people finishing with the same total, with identical player picks. Normally I’d cry investigation but it was a short slate.

• BBWC_10

@jayzee666 said...

Faried and Finney Smith will also go off tomorrow! So if I play all 3 tomorrow, they WILL suck, If I don’t, they go off. LOL

I wouldn’t play Farried with free money… He has had one good game all year against the Knicks. There is just too much Forward and Center depth on the Nuggets to predict playing time. Now with Jokic establishing himself as the guy there is really no room for him when guys like Gallinari Chandler are all healthy.

• ASalvaro

@MisterMister said...

16 lousy points from 100k. Maaaaan. And yes, that is the most insane thing, never seen nearly sixty people finishing with the same total, with identical player picks. Normally I’d cry investigation but it was a short slate.

maybe some website or optimizer finally hit with a lineup that won and a bunch of their readers had it ….possible

• fjbourne

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2020 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

I was unfortunately, or fortunately, part of that train. It was my main cash lu so pretty chalky. Just one of those nights

• ajs1281

@fjbourne said...

I was unfortunately, or fortunately, part of that train. It was my main cash lu so pretty chalky. Just one of those nights

Congrats on the hit. Not 100k but still not a bad night

• indyjlj

looking ahead to tomorrow…man that rockets/spurs game should be a clash of styles. iirc they’ve played a couple times this year, games have gone both ways

• BmoreClutch

@ASalvaro said...

maybe some website or optimizer finally hit with a lineup that won and a bunch of their readers had it ….possible

Anything is possible, but I highly doubt that all those people used the same tools.

It was a small slate with Howard being the only significant scratch. And most people switched off him after he was listed as questionable well before tip off.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@indyjlj said...

looking ahead to tomorrow…man that rockets/spurs game should be a clash of styles. iirc they’ve played a couple times this year, games have gone both ways

Harden priced down as expected vs spurs, but at first glance hard to justify using him on a full slate and with Cousins only $100 more in an elite matchup.

• Dirt_Lavert

Monster slate tomorrow. Guna be tough playing Cousins in the last game and waiting thru all the other scores lol

• Dirt_Lavert

No Brook Lopez tomorrow… Scola or Hamilton legit play? Nets are +15.5, could be some good garbage time in there too

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

No Brook Lopez tomorrow… Scola or Hamilton legit play? Nets are +15.5, could be some good garbage time in there too

Anthony Bennett is the play if you want to attack that situation.

• bigkino217

jokic still only 6400 tomorrow lol

• Dirt_Lavert

@bigkino217 said...

jokic still only 6400 tomorrow lol

Jokic ownership will be thru the roof after this past game. Only right he grabs a few quick fouls and duds lol.

• Dirt_Lavert

Marc Gasol should be an interesting play. As we all know my celtics aren’t stopping any centers any time soon. With people flocking to Jokic Gasol could be a legit pivot. Not loving the Whiteside matchup

• Dirt_Lavert

@walkoff9 said...

Good call. On this slate it’s guna be tough to take those questionable punts. Going to be a lot of people tryna force harden/ABC/Boogie or other high $ players into lus so there will surely be loads of punts across the board.

Capela out, Harrell and/or Nene going to benefit a bunch I’d assume. 3300 and 3k on DK respectively

• kylar18

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Good call. On this slate it’s guna be tough to take those questionable punts. Going to be a lot of people tryna force harden/ABC/Boogie or other high $ players into lus so there will surely be loads of punts across the board.

Capela out, Harrell and/or Nene going to benefit a bunch I’d assume. 3300 and 3k on DK respectively

Give me all the Harrell. That dude can play, I was playing him when nene was sitting out games

• badlands92

@chronoxiong said...

If Markieff busts, he will wipe out 30% of the field in GPPs, 40% in cash games.

I already replied to this last night, but I wanted to point out that I had Markieff and Mejri (gaggggg) and still profited $40 on a mix of H2H, DUs, 50/50 & one GPP.

This isn’t bragging, but simply pointing out that you can survive a dud or two with the other guys in your LU stepping up. Just because a guy stinks 10 minutes into the first quarter of the first game of the night doesn’t mean you are ruined.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@walkoff9 said...

Damn shame I chose not to attack the situation.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).