NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 8.5 ) at Philadelphia ( -8.5 ) —- T: 207
    7:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 216.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@raef02 said...

alright but could be a bounce back game???

IM gonna have him in several. Perfect bounce back spot

• Poole954

• mbunner23

@zigger77 said...

He shot 3/5 from the field and got 4 steals and a block in 31 minutes. He was fine last night.

He didn’t reach value. I believe he had 29 dk points, which isn’t winning anybody anything. That is with Embiid off the floor last night, no way I’m playing him with Embiid back. Sure, he could surprise us tonight, but I’m not taking the chance, add to it with a pace down game against SAC. I would rather have Saric who is consistent.

• bbeast

Liggins revenge? Am I right? Yeah?! He must be SO angry right? Dudes frothy angry for revenge ;)

On another note, I like a balanced approach tonight also

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@bbeast said...

Liggins revenge? Am I right? Yeah?! He must be SO angry right? Dudes frothy angry for revenge ;)

On another note, I like a balanced approach tonight also

• neccos

Cov was playing with a heavy heart I believe…lost his best friend a couple weeks ago and was returning to his home (Chicago) for the first time since then…that probably played into the lack of shot attempts…I’m playing some Cov tonight though.

• bbeast

@elving188 said...

DeAndre Desmond Liggins (born March 31, 1988) is an American professional basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for Kentucky.

• deerosa

@Brenmike922 said...

I’m rolling Cov out in a few lineups. With Embiid back, maybe more 3PT attempts? Have him in a DK L/U with Wall/Love/Embiid and Middleton that looks okay for now.

He will be low owned as well, everyone is on Jame/Giannis

• frugal

@hithisisnom said...

I don’t really agree with this in tournaments. Ownership is such a huge part of a good tournament strategy, and there’s so much hidden variance that I think you have to seriously at least consider fading any player that’s gonna be super owned.

I do not play cash games only tournaments. I use my projections system which doesn’t take ownership into consideration. I’m a lower stakes guy so maybe the rules are different for high dollar stuff. But the only way I’d play ownership odds is if I believed my projections were useless, that it’s all a guessing game. In trusting my projections, on a daily basis I see guys who I know will be highly owned based on the forum talk that my model hates, the inverse is also true. Picking the best projected lineups using your own system, not a free one everyone can access, can be very profitable.

Just my opinion, but it’s worked for me.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

The 2 games before seem to point towards the higher side of that range rather than the lower. My projections have Koufos at 1.2 Yahoo FPPM putting him at 2x if he hits ~17 minutes. No upside really unless he gets a big minutes boost, but if you really need the value he’s there.

Yeah I can see him as a filler. They may also use him a bit more to guard Embiid. I guess you could do worse, I’m just not expecting the same minutes from last game.

• fpsnba

@Dirtycop said...

Does anyone have tips for shorter slate tournaments, such as tonights 3 game slate? I don’t seem to do well in these. My thought process is usually that I have to differentiate more to win since everyone will have the same players. Maybe I go to far with it, but Im not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a friend who thinks he know so much about DFS but could never win any GPP money from Fanduel. Somehow, someways, he has a tendency to win money on a 2g, 3g, 4g slates. He even complained that “man, it’s sad that I have to share with 300 or more people for 1st place.”
    My summary to his playing style:
    1) if you pick the more popular players and no special player came out great, then you win but you might share with others
    2) if you pick contrarian players and if he comes out and plays great, then you win and might or might share with others.
    my advice is you make the call. if you pick #1, then you share. If you pick #2, the question is which player(s) come out great? and that’s the question that tickles everyone!
    its a flip a coin decision you make for a short slate.
    I played Fanduel for almost 2 years. I have won 2nd place, 3rd place,5th place $2,$1 GPP. 8th,9th, 12th place $4GPP. & tons top 100th.
    Baseball 1st place twice, $1 Gpp & $3 after hours $3k, back to back 2 days this summer 5rd place $3 GPP $2000 paid out
    Funny thing was on my top winnings, I did it at work at my cigarrette break time half hour before any tournament; that being said, the more you research the more you don’t win. I guess I had great luck winning but I do keep up with who scores & dont.

• hithisisnom

@frugal said...

I do not play cash games only tournaments. I use my projections system which doesn’t take ownership into consideration. I’m a lower stakes guy so maybe the rules are different for high dollar stuff. But the only way I’d play ownership odds is if I believed my projections were useless, that it’s all a guessing game. In trusting my projections, on a daily basis I see guys who I know will be highly owned based on the forum talk that my model hates, the inverse is also true. Picking the best projected lineups using your own system, not a free one everyone can access, can be very profitable.

Just my opinion, but it’s worked for me.

I get that.

For me personally, it helps to think of projections not as static numbers, but as dynamic ranges. Even the best handicapper can’t predict the future, so really the best any system can do is spit out a range of outcomes with frequencies. I suspect that people as a whole underrate fluctuations along a range, which means that there’s money to be made in being better at evaluating that. Just like there’s money to be made at figuring out who the best plays are — which you do.

For example, say Brad Beal and Klay Thompson are both 7K. Brad’s median projection is 45, and Klay’s is 38. In a vacuum (or a cash game), you take Brad every time. But if Brad is going to be four times as owned as Klay, and only outscores him two out of every three times, taking Klay is probably a +EV play, even though he’s projected for fewer points.

And that’s not even considering injuries/foul trouble/etc.

• mattyice522

is anyone even considering embiid? 500 more than boog? idk bout that

• Isolitary18

Pels stack doesn’t look to bad…

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Isolitary18 said...

Pels stack doesn’t look to bad…

stop copying me lol

• jwq14

You can actually fit in all Kentucky Wildcats tonight except one SF position lol

• TeamTarek

@elving188 said...

stop copying me lol

Nice im on the wizards stack. LetsHope for some ots

• queensfinest

saric with embid back or cauley stein??

• dnely17

Locking in Love and Oubre and spreading out my ownership past those 2.

• TeamTarek

@dnely17 said...

Locking in Love and Oubre and spreading out my ownership past those 2.

Why oubre over Scott?

• yanksfan1

So Hill is now out and Fox is in? The ole switcharoo!

• dnely17

Well I wanted to choose 1 over the other to actually lock in. As long as Oubre is starting I’ll probably be locking him in and I will still be using Scott in about half of my other lineups.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

@Poole954 said...

GEORGE HILLOUT!

Prbly irrelevant but every time I see something like this posted it reminds me of drafting a season long fantasy football team and someone ahead of me drafts a player like Feast mode (Eddie Lacy). I just shrug and don’t even cross anything off because the guy was never on my list and I wouldn’t draft with the last pick (this is usually in the 2nd or 3rd round by the way). George Hill is that guy for me, never picking him and automatically ignore him regardless of price.

• Throwittome

@jwq14 said...

You can actually fit in all Kentucky Wildcats tonight except one SF position lol

Why would we want to play a lineup full of guys who choke during crunch time

• yanksfan1

Seems to me that there are a lot of upper mid range plays in good spots today (Wall, Beal, Middleton, Covington) and not a whole lot of enticing value (yet). Any merit to fading all of the Big 4 players today and going more balanced?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).