7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5 ) at Minnesota ( -5 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 8 ) at Milwaukee ( -8 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( 11 ) at Houston ( -11 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -1.5 ) at Chicago ( 1.5 ) —- T: 214
    9:00 PM EST : Golden State ( -3 ) at Utah ( 3 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : Okla City ( -5 ) at Sacramento ( 5 ) —- T: 234
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@ripking said...

No one talking about Blake or kawhi, both could match the 11k studs and will be under 10% owned.

Very on board with that, and Drummond is also in the conversation.

• hobbes2d

@captainwacky said...

On that note, I’m personally going lighter on DLO and Dinwiddie than the field— the Bulls are getting a little scrappier, Dunn is no joke, and the Nets do some weird shit on B2B’s

Shabazz gonna break the slate haha. For real though I hate DLo on B2Bs anyway. Then Dunn factor. That game is going to be very interesting.

• frugal

@wafic said...

Raptors are so good. They’ve been winning games when Kawhi sits. I don’t think they get blown out. Probably a close game. Pacers loss last night could’ve been them looking past the Cavs for this one. Right now Toronto has been playing fantastic. I think Monroe is bad chalk. Not touching it.

Unless they plan to run Boucher close to 30 minutes, gotta think Monroe sees at least 25. On both Yahoo and DK I think there are better options near his price which makes him a fade for me, but I can see the play. We may be in a scenario tonight where all the value hits…

• hobbes2d

@captainwacky said...

Another thought on the Raptors situation: the Pacers aren’t really that good, and are coming off of a tired B2B. They’re an OK team, but Kawhi is easily the best player on the floor (though Oladipo is a stud, I’m not sure he’s 100 percent or they want to grind him down so soon after returning). I don’t think the raptors are gonna get blown out, and I think in order for that plan to come to fruition, they might have to run Monroe a lot for his offense. Still doesn’t mean I think Monroe is a home run, but I think we’ll see a good amount of him in a few different scenarios.

This game could also just dud entirely because both teams are hurting.

• hobbes2d

@wafic said...

Raptors are so good. They’ve been winning games when Kawhi sits. I don’t think they get blown out. Probably a close game. Pacers loss last night could’ve been them looking past the Cavs for this one. Right now Toronto has been playing fantastic. I think Monroe is bad chalk. Not touching it.

Raptors have been a lot better when just Kawhi sits because Lowry and Ibaka take over. Now both are out. I think this game will be lower scoring and possibly dud for a lot of people except maybe Kawhi in terms of fantasy pts.

• mr_papageorgio

Bamba feels like the easy lock tonight but I hate risking the C position. Would feel a lot better if he was eligible elsewhere.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

This game could also just dud entirely because both teams are hurting.

Define dud. Even in last night’s 91-92 game there were great plays from both teams.

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

Define dud. Even in last night’s 91-92 game there were great plays from both teams.

No there wasn’t lol

edit: Not with DK’s pricing at least. Nance was the only good play, Hood wasn’t bad but nothing special. That’s about it. Nobody on Indiana even got to 6x.

• deepfat

@ripking said...

No one talking about Blake or kawhi, both could match the 11k studs and will be under 10% owned.

I’m definitely going to have some Kawhi exposure in a close game.

• bangthedrummond

@Jonas137 said...

3. Narrative Street – Rarely does this pan out minus a few very passionate players

I love narratives but this got me thinking about how often they’ve worked out. I only remember a few (off the top of my head – not able to go digging right now):

Bledsoe vs. the Suns – every time until he retires lol

Boogie vs the Kings

Recently someone said Kerr is a players coach who is “narrative friendly” for lack of better way to put it – and mention McKinnie (I think) is from Chicago and sure enough he got a lot of run and smashed

AD in Chicago. This might be just a matchup-proof/made up thing but I’ll still lock him in every time he’s in Chicago

Tonight is Simmons and Joseph? Meh

• Jonas137

@frugal said...

I’m going to take the Indy side of this matchup, Siakam can’t cover Thad and Turner at the same time. One (or both) is primed for a huge outing.

I don’t see this. Siakam shouldn’t be on Turner much, if at all. I’ll take the 24 year old in his prime year vs the 30 year old who isn’t fast enough to handle Siakam in the lane

• Kmasonbx

My strategy for tonight is no cash games and build 5 lineups stacking the Pels/Bucks game and 15 completely fading it. I think the blowout chances in that game are incredibly high with the lack of talent NOP will have on the court with all their injuries being to key guys and they lacked depth to begin with. But if the game does stay close it will be because Davis and/or Jrue went absolutely crazy so I can’t fully fade it.

Was really high on Vooch before he got scratched. PG should have a field day vs. Sacramento and on the other side I love the Sac guys. They all got priced down because of the wackiness of last game in a game that should be insanely fast vs. a team they’ve already beaten twice.

• frugal

@kbsktbll88 said...

No there wasn’t lol

edit: Not with DK’s pricing at least. Nance was the only good play, Hood wasn’t bad but nothing special. That’s about it. Nobody on Indiana even got to 6x.

On Yahoo Nance, Turner, and Young all paid off. Didn’t roster them on DK so unsure what the FP/D was there.

• byo34

@kbsktbll88 said...

No there wasn’t lol

Ehhh nothing pops out but 8 guys got 5x on DK. Compared to 9 in WAS/ATL, 8 in LAL/BKN and 9 in DEN/DAL.. So it wasn’t pretty but people still hit value as much as the other games.

• okiehorn

FYI

Griffin skipped shootaround with the illness, but it sounds like he’ll be out there tonight, and owners can expect to get official confirmation closer to tip-off. He may be somewhat limited, though, so he’s not quite as attractive in DFS. Dec 19 – 1:21 PM

• hobbes2d

@byo34 said...

Ehhh nothing pops out but 8 guys got 5x on DK. Compared to 9 in WAS/ATL, 8 in LAL/BKN and 9 in DEN/DAL.. So it wasn’t pretty but people still hit value as much as the other games.

On this big a slate you need basically everyone to far exceed value. 5x probably isn’t going to cut it.

• feekdogg

@bangthedrummond said...

I love narratives but this got me thinking about how often they’ve worked out. I only remember a few (off the top of my head – not able to go digging right now):

Bledsoe vs. the Suns – every time until he retires lol

Boogie vs the Kings

Recently someone said Kerr is a players coach who is “narrative friendly” for lack of better way to put it – and mention McKinnie (I think) is from Chicago and sure enough he got a lot of run and smashed

AD in Chicago. This might be just a matchup-proof/made up thing but I’ll still lock him in every time he’s in Chicago

Tonight is Simmons and Joseph? Meh

There’s others: Don’t play John Wall (or many, many other players) when they are visiting party cities. Play Marcin Gortat on Polish Heritage night. Play Ben Simmons on Australian Heritage night. Only play Andrew Wiggins against Cleveland or Toronto.

• kbsktbll88

@byo34 said...

5x is not good though.

• byo34

@kbsktbll88 said...

5x is not good though.

Yeah on a slate like tonight it isn’t. Just saying last night wasn’t a dud due to the amount of games played.. I won a GPP with 2 people getting just below 5x on a small slate. Just disagreeing with the fact you said that game was a dud, not saying anything about tonights slate.

• kbsktbll88

@frugal said...

On Yahoo Nance, Turner, and Young all paid off. Didn’t roster them on DK so unsure what the FP/D was there.

Oh okay, I’m not familiar with their pricing.

• lotusbomb

indiana plays big, don’t overthink monroe. that’s why I liked nance last night regardless of a chance of a blowout, toronto absolutely needs size out there and if you think they try to go small then sabonis turns into a lock.

• kbsktbll88

@byo34 said...

Yeah on a slate like tonight it isn’t. Just saying last night wasn’t a dud due to the amount of games played.. I won a GPP with 2 people getting just below 5x on a small slate. Just disagreeing with the fact you said that game was a dud, not saying anything about tonights slate.

• byo34

@kbsktbll88 said...

Haha, My bad!

• gaelicgirl

Love that OKC/SAC is part of the late 3-game slate, hope everyone stacks it to the moon!

• vick325

Kwahi/Jrue or Beard/Warren?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).