Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4/5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 233

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

On first glance, I like a Utah Jazz stack with Trae Young. At least until news comes out that moves me in another direction.

The usage and fantasy production is so concentrated on Utah that 4 of the 5 starters eclipsed 40 FPTs in the last game, scoring only 109 points in a slow matchup with Orlando. You could conceivably play Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert against Atlanta. They also give it up to opposing point guards on the road, so Trae Young is the obvious correlation play.

Some cheapies I like that will probably go low owned:

-Avery Bradley, he’s 3600, coming off the bench playing about the same minutes as KCP and Danny Green but will only have to play with one of LeBron and AD most likely. He took 14 shots last game off the bench. If they switch up the starting lineup, I’d take whoever is on the bench so Green, KCP and Bradley are all under 4k.

-Jakob Poeltl, he’s 3400, will likely play close to 20 minutes here and gets Brooklyn D.

-Ben McLemore, he’s 4500 but still playing ~30 minutes a night. I’d expect the Clippers to try and limit Harden with double teams, which should leave other guys open like McLemore. It’s another case of coming off the bench and avoiding playing with both stars on the team.

• FunchessOfFun

Anyone else taking a flyer on Rivers tonight with all the narratives he entails?

• JSteele

@FunchessOfFun said...

Anyone else taking a flyer on Rivers tonight with all the narratives he entails?

He’s the brother in law of Seth Curry and Seth is on fire right now, therefore by the transitive law of nba dfs, Rivers is on fire right now.

• dominicanpapi

FD is friggin tough tonight. They’ve priced everybody down.

• queensfinest

thoughts on rondo and divincenzo tonight?

• Herf

@queensfinest said...

thoughts on rondo and divincenzo tonight?

I like Rondo in this situation. He will have 25+ easy tonight I think. 10+ Assists

• queensfinest

@Herf said...

I like Rondo in this situation. He will have 25+ easy tonight I think. 10+ Assists

u think so? im feelin him tonight also. im gonna rock with him

• livetorace17

@Herf said...

National TV Rondo FTW!

• JSteele

Rondo has done well against Milwaukee in the past. I could see him with a Brunson-esque stat line tonight

• queensfinest

i know this is a dfs site but how pumped are you guys for this tnt doubleheader? i cant wait to watch it. havent been this excited for a regular season doubleheader in a long time

• Penguin3200

Rondo for his career has averaged 33 DK points against the bucks. Last 10 games he has averaged 35. I will be on him tonight. Also like both Rudy’s and George.

• Theguy49503

Trae Young now questionable

• dominicanpapi

@Theguy49503 said...

Trae Young now questionable

I see he is probable now but the calf thing is definitely something to monitor.

• Theguy49503

@dominicanpapi said...

I see he is probable now but the calf thing is definitely something to monitor.

He better play I got a few lineups with him in it lol

• telestraightshooter

@queensfinest said...

i know this is a dfs site but how pumped are you guys for this tnt doubleheader? i cant wait to watch it. havent been this excited for a regular season doubleheader in a long time

perhaps I’m a contrarian but I rarely watch much of NBA.

DFS is a math game/ story problem

• Dk again with alot of trolling price downs.

Just plug lou and trez in. Have to decide i guess between harden, giannis, bron, ad.

Harden will be the contrarian of the 4, lebron does have the trip doub bonus but glass should go off here. Whether to pair him with greek is the question, or some of the other bucks pieces.

• monarch

The Bucks are always undervalued when playing a good opponent provided they do not blow them out. It’s rare a team pushes them to the point where we see full minutes out of Giannis or Middleton like we did against Orlando recently. If it’s a good game then Middleton probably returns value so if I’m playing LeBron then I need to run it back with a Buck player and I’d probably edit the minute projection in that scenario for Middleton and Giannis.

• yisman

I didn’t think my FD lineup was that bad last night.

My worst score was Tobias Harris with 25.8. He somehow got 0 blocks or steals.

I had Bertans, Beal, and Kemba and scored 308.8.

I was 32.6 behind the cash line in the Alley Oop. Not even close.

Frustrating as I win these tickets and then somehow never cash from them. Down big on FD as a result because I’ve whiffed in every GPP I’ve won tickets to.

• fightingjohn

@yisman said...

I didn’t think my FD lineup was that bad last night.

My worst score was Tobias Harris with 25.8. He somehow got 0 blocks or steals.

I had Bertans, Beal, and Kemba and scored 308.8.

I was 32.6 behind the cash line in the Alley Oop. Not even close.

Frustrating as I win these tickets and then somehow never cash from them. Down big on FD as a result because I’ve whiffed in every GPP I’ve won tickets to.

What was your whole lineup? Did you go all chalk? Curious on the Ownership %

• yisman

my lineup was unique was I had a chance, at least, if Tobias Harris wasn’t garbage.

The RG optimal scored about a point more than my lineup. It was a 23 way tie at 561st. Crazy. This is in the alley oop (1500 buyin).

• yisman

@fightingjohn said...

What was your whole lineup? Did you go all chalk? Curious on the Ownership %

Brunson, Kemba, Wiggins, Beal, Troy Brown, Tobias Harris, Bertans, Tatum, Dieng

Dieng, Bertans, Kemba were chalk.

Brunson and Harris were low owned. I think it was pretty good. The chalky core pieces and then some pivots which got me away from the lineup trains of the ‘secret chat’ as they say.

I got 0 dollars but it was a live lineup because I wouldn’t have had to split with anyone.

• JSteele

I haven’t played on FD in a really long time, but i’m going to play today to see if I prefer it. Anyone have any tips on anything and how it differs from DK aside from the obvious multi-positional eligibilty?

• yisman

@JSteele said...

I haven’t played on FD in a really long time, but i’m going to play today to see if I prefer it. Anyone have any tips on anything and how it differs from DK aside from the obvious multi-positional eligibilty?

blocks and steals worth more.

also, the chalk is more chalky than at DK because FD has more misprices and the no MPE means there’s often only a small pool of viable players at a given position.

• CG96

@telestraightshooter said...

perhaps I’m a contrarian but I rarely watch much of NBA.

DFS is a math game/ story problem

Not enough people understand this. I think it sways a lot of people to make the wrong decisions. The eye-test is dangerous when it comes to DFS. It’s a pure mathematical problem.

I play NBA, NFL and MLB DFS. I can genuinely say I watched 0 MLB games last year. It doesn’t interest me at all whereas I watch NBA almost every day and never miss an NFL Sunday. Process the same (or similar) for all 3!

• monarch

I’m going to this guy…fresh off his dominant performance at the FFWC

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).