Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -6 ) at Atlanta ( 6 ) —- T: 225
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) at Milwaukee ( -4/5 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 2.5 ) at San Antonio ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 233

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• JSteele

@yisman said...

blocks and steals worth more.

also, the chalk is more chalky than at DK because FD has more misprices and the no MPE means there’s often only a small pool of viable players at a given position.

I can see already that PF is super weak today.

• yisman

@JSteele said...

I can see already that PF is super weak today.

Yeah it’s a big problem at FD on the short slates. SF, PF, C. One of those often has a weak pool depending on which teams are in action (and which players are out). So unless you deliberately use a bad play, you’re going to end up with chalk. That just means you’d have to find a way to go different at another position.

• yisman

@monarch said...

I’m going to this guy…fresh off his dominant performance at the FFWC

blender interviewed Cal Spears on the sweat show on Sunday and he wanted him to ask awesomo if it was difficult to be in Puerto Rico for the FFWC and also play for the Lakers on the same day.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

Time to Jazz it up tonight on the NBA 4 game slate.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3237102

• telestraightshooter

@queensfinest said...

how pumped are you guys for this tnt doubleheader?

This “showcase game” sentiment tends to lead to a playoff atmosphere…..
    …. that induces more attention to defense….
    ….. that lowers the probability these games reach the total line…
    …….which directly correlates to lower DFS production.

• Herf

@sochoice said...

Time to Jazz it up tonight on the NBA 4 game slate.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mike-s-musings-3237102

Good read… I like a few players from Utah, but especially Gobert. He just might have a 20-15 night tonight. His price isn’t horrible either for decent value!

• BBWC_10

From what I see after looking at this for a few hours is…. This slate is bad, there are so many ways this can go, So hard to pinpoint the studs because they are playing each other. First I look at the Jazz in a pace up game, I started with 3 Jazz and am down to 1. I really like the Clip/Hou game. PG13 is my lock today which is probably stupid with Kawhi playing. I do like a few Spurs and that is always so dangerous. So in conclusion I’m going light, one LU and I’m not playing the Thunderdome today…LOL

• JSteele

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/preview/2019/12/19/nets-vs-spurs-just-a-little-detour-for-jarrett-allen

Homecoming game for Jarrett Allen after having his high school number retired, in a matchup that can be exploited by pick and roll bigs.

• Njsum1

@JSteele said...

You could conceivably play Mitchell, Ingles, Bogdanovic and Gobert against Atlanta

Nah that won’t work…that’s a lot of salary tied up in one team. You could play 3 Jazz players. Don’t overlook Rolls Royce…seems like he’ll get minutes and the hawks are the type of sloppy team where he could get 28 DK points. Which isn’t bad, considering there isn’t much cheap value tonight.

If I had to pick two of the big 4, I’d lean Rudy and Ingles. Yet Mitchell or Bojan could go off as well.

• Ndepompei

@Njsum1 said...

Nah that won’t work…that’s a lot of salary tied up in one team. You could play 3 Jazz players. Don’t overlook Rolls Royce…seems like he’ll get minutes and the hawks are the type of sloppy team where he could get 28 DK points. Which isn’t bad, considering there isn’t much cheap value tonight.

If I had to pick two of the big 4, I’d lean Rudy and Ingles. Yet Mitchell or Bojan could go off as well.

think im rolling with royce and ingles

• JSteele

@Njsum1 said...

I’ll probably scale back as the day goes on. I already have to some extent, but those 4 basically scored 170 FPTs last game.

• monarch

Gobert never hammers the Hawks and they are actually decent vs Bigs. Not saying he is a fade but I usually play wings vs the Hawks and bigs vs the Jazz.

I like Ingles, Bojan, Len in this spot. Maybe Hunter

• BBWC_10

@Njsum1 said...

agree, I don’t think they all correlate well with each other, my favorite Jazz guy is Bojan, He is their shooter and attempts a ton of 3’s more than 10 a game. He needs some peripherals maybe 8 boards 5 assists and he can get to 50. I originally had Gobert who looks obvious because Atl has nobody to match up unless they play Len 28 min. However Gobert sometimes just lumbers around, he is not a focal point of their offense, he spends too much time screening for guys so I went Capela instead.

• monarch

@DarrinJ21 said...

Wilson Chandler Punt?

I dont think you can win a tournament with him tonight. Unless he does something crazy

• telestraightshooter

Odds of Glass being in starting LU?

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Gobert never hammers the Hawks and they are actually decent vs Bigs. Not saying he is a fade but I usually play wings vs the Hawks and bigs vs the Jazz.

I like Ingles, Bojan, Len in this spot. Maybe Hunter

They just let Mitchell Robinson go for 22-13. They also let Bam get a triple double on them.

Gobert also had a 45 spot against them last year.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

They just let Mitchell Robinson go for 22-13. They also let Bam get a triple double on them.

Gobert also had a 45 spot against them last year.

That’s not in context. Robinson got almost all of that in garbage time. Bam is doing that vs everyone right now.

• telestraightshooter

@BBWC_10 said...

so I went Capela instead.

Capela’s per36 is 46 in last 170 mins vs Clips….
    …. & only $7.6 dK

• JSteele

I feel like a realistic outcome for Gobert is about 17-15 with a few assists and bleals. It’s not like earth shattering numbers but enough for a 4 game slate if he hits 45-50

• monarch

I think Gobert is fine. He is very consistent but he is more expensive than Aldridge who beats him often and far more expensive than Len who has a nice history vs Gobert.

• jessedio

@monarch said...

I think Gobert is fine. He is very consistent but he is more expensive than Aldridge who beats him often and far more expensive than Len who has a nice history vs Gobert.

Oh so that’s why Len was popping in the optimizer today. Doesn’t matter though. I’ll never ever play Len.

• JSteele

I really like Dejounte Murray today

• telestraightshooter

BroLo racked 58 dK vs LaL last game

• that game was sans ABC, which is why Middleton racked 52 dK
    • GPP low % possibility

• JSteele

@telestraightshooter said...

BroLo racked 58 dK vs LaL last game

• that game was sans ABC, which is why Middleton racked 52 dK
    • GPP low % possibility

That game was also last years sans AD when the Lakers were far from the best defensive team in the league.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).