7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 2.5 ) at Miami ( -2.5 ) —- T: 197.5
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 5.5 ) at New York ( -5.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Memphis ( 2 ) —- T: 193
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -3.5 ) at Milwaukee ( 3.5 ) —- T: 211.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 1 ) at Houston ( -1 ) —- T: 214.5
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 214
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 11 ) at Golden State ( -11 ) —- T: 210
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• teachmehowtocutty

Torn on fd. So many pgs I want to play! CP3/Kemba/Wison Chandler or Kyrie/Dragon/Kawhi

• Stickman731

@SzymonK said...

Its fucked up when 326 doesnt cash, getting tired of this.

I was actually surprised to see that 59 people had 380 points splitting the top prize – in the FD $500K Mon NBA Clutch Shot ($100K to 1st). I doubt this is an optimizer but rather a purchased LU. I am glad I cashed in 3 of the 6 that I played to break even but it is getting ridiculous.

The min to cash in this game was 318.3.

• CaldwellTylerusng94

@eipsallig said...

any love for Scola tonight?

Model is popping Scola.. but not sure if I can trust him.. although I am playing the 7:30 turbo on DK so that may be why he’s high up the list.

• tmarohl

@S7ubs said...

Just play Lebron and CP3 and everything will be okay

I agree, Lebron is tempting tonight, but just take a look at his stat line when Milwaukee blew them out at home a couple of weeks ago.

• gav91183

@SzymonK said...

Its fucked up when 326 doesnt cash, getting tired of this.

damn! what game was that?!

• djcory27

@Stickman731 said...

I was actually surprised to see that 59 people had 380 points splitting the top prize – in the FD $500K Mon NBA Clutch Shot ($100K to 1st). I doubt this is an optimizer but rather a purchased LU. I am glad I cashed in 3 of the 6 that I play to break even but it is getting ridiculous.

The top and second top scores in the $4 clutch shot were purchased lineups from a seller on Twitter who has a rather large amount of customers. They had the same line and did a pivot with Baze/Thabo.

• Tmack

Beast of the night on FD?

• asapholster

lebron/kyrie/boogie is the play

harden won’t go off against the spurs

brow has been trash lately

• PinchyBoy10

Fanduel has become a site where 80% of people are sharks or people using lineups provided by sharks. Last night the massive double up cash lines were at like 325, that’s a joke. Definitely going to look into a smaller DFS website to try and avoid some sharks and a mob of people that pay for lineups.

• draped

I’m drawing blanks on mid priced forwards on DK. 5-7k.

EDIT: is everyone paying up or punting?

• mellofellowsu

@djcory27 said...

The top and second top scores in the $4 clutch shot were purchased lineups from a seller on Twitter who has a rather large amount of customers. They had the same line and did a pivot with Baze/Thabo.

That doesn’t bother me. Any money made with purchased LUs will be soon wasted on more purchased LUs that are crap. Those losers will fall by the wayside.

• tmarohl

@Stickman731 said...

I was actually surprised to see that 59 people had 380 points splitting the top prize – in the FD $500K Mon NBA Clutch Shot ($100K to 1st). I doubt this is an optimizer but rather a purchased LU. I am glad I cashed in 3 of the 6 that I played to break even but it is getting ridiculous.

The min to cash in this game was 318.3.

Somebody ought to run the optimizer every day for a month and keep the lineups, that way we can compare the next day to see if that is where these trains come from. I guess I could understand the rationale of purchasing a cash game lineup. I don’t understand the rationale behind purchasing a GPP lineup. If you purchase a GPP lineup and it hits you will be sharing your winnings with about 100 people.

• asapholster

@PinchyBoy10 said...

Fanduel has become a site where 80% of people are sharks or people using lineups provided by sharks. Last night the massive double up cash lines were at like 325, that’s a joke. Definitely going to look into a smaller DFS website to try and avoid some sharks and a mob of people that pay for lineups.

man it was a small slate and so many picks were so obvious

i faded westbrook and still had like 327

if you had him/rondo/harris/kat – which almost everyone did – you were hitting well over 300

• Stickman731

@djcory27 said...

It does not surprise me. I understand “winning money” thing but I get enjoyment of doing my own research. I only play about 5 LU/ night and hold my own. About two years ago, I tracked six of the Twitter guys over 21 days playing $1 GPP, $1 50/50 and $1$ Quint Up starting with $18 – they were no better than random selections. The results were a nice bell shaped curve with the top guy winning $42 at the end – bottom guy lost his monies in 5 days.

I am guess as the models improve they are getting better.

• djcory27

@tmarohl said...

Somebody ought to run the optimizer every day for a month and keep the lineups, that way we can compare the next day to see if that is where these trains come from. I guess I could understand the rationale of purchasing a cash game lineup. I don’t understand the rationale behind purchasing a GPP lineup. If you purchase a GPP lineup and it hits you will be sharing your winnings with about 100 people.

True, but last night’s train got around $3k on each $4 entry, I’m pretty sure those guys are happy splitting on that kind of return.

• astauty

I think that’s what has changed so much from last year. if you’re not paying for optimizer you’re always behind the 8 ball.. i simply dont spend enough on DK to warrent paying for it.

• zigger77

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #24

RG Tiered Ranking

@KMac said...

I can see Thompson with 30-33 FPs against the Bucks. With no Kevin Love he may be asked to be a little more involved in the offense (as limited as his offensive game may be). The Cavs are near the bottom of the league in bench points scored and they really have to get production from their starters to be competitive.

Its like you didnt watch the memphis vs cavs game where the big 3 were out. Thompson literally barely gets involved offensively

• zigger77

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #24

RG Tiered Ranking

It doesnt matter how high cash lines are. it means a player went off which alot of people had aka Jokic last night.

• CJtheGrump

Harden Trip-Dub the last two times Houston played the Spurs. #Justsayin

• wcuball29

At least I don’t have to fall for the Markieff trap tonight. Although with Oubre and Smith both available, he was probably a dumb play anyway.

• TheRealJosh5

@monarch said...

Is Rivers a legit play now that he’s starting? He’s either going to see Harris or Mudiay tonight and that game should be a track meet as both teams go small.

why would he see Mudiay? Rivers plays the 3 when he starts.

• Tmack

I had none of them and still hit 362!!

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

I am not a shark. I have a full time job, listen to a podcast on my hour drive to work, tinker some lineups on my lunch breaks and coffee breaks, listen to another podcast on my hour drive home and make some final changes 10 mins before lock. I have been pretty successful on fd if you see my rankings on this site and I don’t think anyone would consider me a shark. I think you can’t compare cross sites and points systems because they are different sites and people are thus constructing lineups differently. I am confused as to why people assume that if two – 50 people have same lineup that they must have paid for a lineup. On a 5 game slate, unless you are a complete moron, more than half to 3/4 of the players are not viable options. Out of 10 teams x 5 – 6 starter to starter mins players on each team, you are looking at a player pool of 50 – 60 and then subtract like 35 to 40 leaves you with like 20 – 25 players to make a 9 player lineup with. There is obviously going to be crazy repetition. If a lot of cheap players go off for close to 30 points and a bunch of expensive players hit or exceed value then the scores will be through the roof, shark or no shark. Yesterday there were less choices and a lot of players hit value or exceeded and due to lack of choices and high ownership, if high ownership players hit and exceed value than high percentage of people will have higher scores.

• wcuball29

@CJtheGrump said...

Harden Trip-Dub the last two times Houston played the Spurs. #Justsayin

Almost quad-dub’s with 8 TO in the one game and 7 in the other.

• Tmack

@asapholster said...

man it was a small slate and so many picks were so obvious

i faded westbrook and still had like 327

if you had him/rondo/harris/kat – which almost everyone did – you were hitting well over 300

362 with not one of those in my Lus. It was just a high scoring slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler