8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 5 ) at Chicago ( -5 ) —- T: 210.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 14 ) at Houston ( -14 ) —- T: 225
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Dallas ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 2 ) at Denver ( -2 ) —- T: 216
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) —- T: 199.5
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• vacaylife

Value plays?

• vacaylife

Josh hart

• upgradetoquestionable

Haven’t looked at the pricing yet but Julius Randle seems to be on line for a couple extra minutes

• jadoninc

Hezonja, mickey

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

Damnit. Said I would have to play Melo when he gets under 5k on DK. He’s getting close.

• neccos

Canaan…dude should be starting in Phoenix

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/game-theory-decisions-pricing-disparities-strategy-tournament-plays-2250324

dec 11th.. called for CP3’s min adjusted price to be 9,700…. I was hoping this adjustment would take much longer than a week n a half. Damn. I didn’t think it would happen so fast because of his last three matchups; Jazz, Bucks, Spurs.. Damn CP3 is good. Price is spot on, probably a tournament play only.

• joshshafe

Did anyone notice that DK doesn’t have any low dollar Single Entry tournaments posted yet today? Strange. They have the $12, $40, $100, and $333.

• caleb21scott

@apeterson8809 said...

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/game-theory-decisions-pricing-disparities-strategy-tournament-plays-2250324

dec 11th.. called for CP3’s min adjusted price to be 9,700…. I was hoping this adjustment would take much longer than a week n a half. Damn. I didn’t think it would happen so fast because of his last three matchups; Jazz, Bucks, Spurs.. Damn CP3 is good. Price is spot on, probably a tournament play only.

I think he is still a decent cash play

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Careful when entering on Fanduel. Their 7:00pm slate is a late swap with much lower prize pools. I created H2H’s last night for that slate, not knowing, and a few filled so I’m stuck.

7:30 is the Main slate.

• monarch

Happy Josh Hart day…unless you want to go with equally tempting Kings value. Tough decisions at SG on FD.

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

Mickey “revenge” for narrative street. Also Kelly O
    And anyone think Bam gets a little more run in this game since Horford?

• Smallchimp

What are we thinking for studs? We’ve got Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Chris Paul, Nikola Vucevic, Victor Oladipo, Andre Drummond, Karl-Anthony Towns, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, DeMar Derozan, Kyle Lowry, and Nikola Jokic all coming in above $8000 tonight.

I’m looking at Durant, who without Stephen Curry has been the benefactor of nearly 2 additional minutes above his season average and just about 0.4 extra fantasy points per minute, yielding just about 17 fantasy points more without his team mate on the court. Additionally, his usage since Steph last played has allowed for approximately 6 extra percentage points of usage on his season average. Last match up against MEM he played 40 minutes and scored about 1.46 fantasy points a minute for a total of 58.25 fpts. His usage in that game was above his season average, but in the past 10 games he has received more usage and in the 5 games since Steph’s absence, he has actually increased his usage by almost 3 whole percentage points. Best case scenario (40 minutes, his 1.83 fppm average without Steph, his fpts per usage percentage) I could see him putting up 69-73 fpts. Going more conservatively based on his last 10 games, I’m seeing 53-57 fpts. At $11600 I’m hoping for that above 6X value turnout at 73 points, but there’s definitely the possibility for a blah game where his price tag is gonna bog a LU. Thoughts? Am I overvaluing Steph’s value by differentiating the 5 game sample from the population of data and the last 10 game sample?

I’m sorry if this is blog-y, just trying to get some talk about the bigger guys

• bucherpsu08

@joshshafe said...

Did anyone notice that DK doesn’t have any low dollar Single Entry tournaments posted yet today? Strange. They have the $12, $40, $100, and $333.

The payout structure in that $12 contest is a joke. You have to finish in the top 13% just to double your entry fee. Compare that to the And 1 where the top 26% doubles it. Makes much more sense to me just to run a 12 lineup train the $1 contest.

• Smallchimp

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v6Md5C26Kq37CZej1HF8e0X17CoO2lqLHnnBRpXfi7o/edit?usp=sharing

(In case my last post is too much of a blog)

• Supersharpie

I want to play Mirotic and Capela on FD, but are their 7.1k and 7.9k prices justified given the uncertainty of how many minutes they will play?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

idk but i’m not paying up for KD today

• kps3205s

@jriesel315 said...

At $12600 I’m hoping for that nearly 6X value turnout at 73 points, but there’s definitely the possibility for a blah game where his price tag is gonna bog a LU.

I’m assuming you’re not playing on DK as he is $11,600 unless you have a typo?

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@kps3205s said...

I’m assuming you’re not playing on DK as he is $11,600 unless you have a typo?

Definitely a typo. He’s 11.6k on DK & 11.9k on FD.

• joshshafe

@bucherpsu08 said...

The payout structure in that $12 contest is a joke. You have to finish in the top 13% just to double your entry fee. Compare that to the And 1 where the top 26% doubles it. Makes much more sense to me just to run a 12 lineup train the $1 contest.

It is trash. Payout structure has been garbage recently for most of the low dollar contests.

• Smallchimp

Sorry if this is more of a general NBA DFS question than a daily thread really covers, but its something that I’ve wondered. Is usage something that can be incorporated in projection-making? I was messing around with expected minutes multiplied by fantasy points per minute, but then what I was thinking about was taking average usage over the course of x amount of time (season long, 10 games, games without certain teammates, etc) compared to the fpts scored and dividing the two values to find a fantasy point per usage percentage to produce a value. Now I’m trying to think of how to utilize it.

• Smallchimp

@elving188 said...

Definitely a typo. He’s 11.6k on DK & 11.9k on FD.

Thanks for catching that, fixed!

• P0key

I’m not too thrilled by any player over 8k today.. I may just stack two diff games and call it night…

Side note.. I’m staring at markanen.. Just a feeling

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@jriesel315 said...

I’m looking at Durant, who without Stephen Curry has been the benefactor of nearly 2 additional minutes above his season average and just about 0.4 extra fantasy points per minute, yielding just about 17 fantasy points more without his team mate on the court.

Feels like the ultimate dud spot for Durant. I’ve been on him the past 4 games, stepping off against Memphis.

• foxymongrel

Dream spot for jokic against the swiss cheese kitty kat. Too bad mike malone will probably bring him off the bench for 16 minutes of double double production. I hate mike malone so much

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).