NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) —- T: 209
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• scott33

I think I’m gonna mostly stack the Clips-Mavs game with 1-3 guys from the early game. Liking Deandre & Barnes. They balled out last time these teams played, Luca was out though. Like Harrell too. Wonder if Whiteside will get good run. I can see him racking up blocks & steals from all the Harden/CP3 lobs to Capela. I can also see Spoelstra sitting him after 20 minutes.

• chrisbanas

Had a lineup last night with Russ, Rose, Hield, Burks, PG, KD,Saric, Diallo(drop score), Bamba. Won BIG

• underdawgs

Just for kicks, here’s one or two low-end guys from each team I could see being in the winning lineup. Not an endorsement, just some thoughts:

Houston: Daniel House played 25 min yesterday and he continues to earn praise from the coaching staff. On the tail end of B2B, the kid should be looking at similar burn tonight. Gerald Green saw 28 min and is playing well too. All the stars on Houston logged heavy minutes so there might be good, cheap value here.

Miami: Favroite Play here is Wade, the guy shows up for nationally televised games. Low minutes the last 2 games so he shouldn’t be too beat up. And if Winslow sits, Wade gets more ball-handling duties and makes for a strong play. Aside from Wade, McGruder matches up well with Houston’s pace and also can get some extra burn if Winslow sits.

Dallas: Not for the faint of heart but Devin Harris can put up points in a hurry. His minutes are solidly in mid-to-high teens but when he gets off to a good start, he can put up points in a hurry. He’s hit for over 30 FPTS twice in the last 15 games and that was in 15 and 18 minutes respectively. He’s a dart, to be sure, but on a slate like this I’ll have some pieces.

LAC: they played Dallas on 12/2 and Boban got 1 minute so I’m assuming it’s a Gortat night again. I could see having a few shares of Gortat but on the very low end I’ll take a shot on Mike Scott. He’s good for about 15 minutes+ and if his shot falls, he could fit nicely as salary relief.
    Also, it is remarkable how little Avery Bradley does in his minutes on the court. Truly remarkable. But he did have one of his best games of his season against Dallas on 12/2 , good for 24.8 FPTS (DK) so he will end up in a few lineups for me.

Just some thoughts before everyone argues about whether or not you have to play Harden tonight.
    Good luck everyone!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I do not like this slate one bit! Just tried to build a Yahoo lineup and was $1 away from something I liked. Looks like one I’ll need “news” before I even build a placeholder. Pricing a bit tougher on a 2 gamer but at $25 on Yahoo DJ is a must IMO.

• JustDFSin

@underdawgs said...

Just for kicks, here’s one or two low-end guys from each team I could see being in the winning lineup. Not an endorsement, just some thoughts:

Houston: Daniel House played 25 min yesterday and he continues to earn praise from the coaching staff. On the tail end of B2B, the kid should be looking at similar burn tonight. Gerald Green saw 28 min and is playing well too. All the stars on Houston logged heavy minutes so there might be good, cheap value here.

Miami: Favroite Play here is Wade, the guy shows up for nationally televised games. Low minutes the last 2 games so he shouldn’t be too beat up. And if Winslow sits, Wade gets more ball-handling duties and makes for a strong play. Aside from Wade, McGruder matches up well with Houston’s pace and also can get some extra burn if Winslow sits.

Dallas: Not for the faint of heart but Devin Harris can put up points in a hurry. His minutes are solidly in mid-to-high teens but when he gets off to a good start, he can put up points in a hurry. He’s hit for over 30 FPTS twice in the last 15 games and that was in 15 and 18 minutes respectively. He’s a dart, to be sure, but on a slate like this I’ll have some pieces.

LAC: they played Dallas on 12/2 and Boban got 1 minute so I’m assuming it’s a Gortat night again. I could see having a few shares of Gortat but on the very low end I’ll take a shot on Mike Scott. He’s good for about 15 minutes+ and if his shot falls, he could fit nicely as salary relief.
    Also, it is remarkable how little Avery Bradley does in his minutes on the court. Truly remarkable. But he did have one of his best games of his season against Dallas on 12/2 , good for 24.8 FPTS (DK) so he will end up in a few lineups for me.

Just some thoughts before everyone argues about whether or not you have to play Harden tonight.
    Good luck everyone!

You can’t forget the Deandre Jordan narrative

• Jeddy3

I think the only way to differentiate tonight is to not play Harden. Of course this is terrifying and probably the express lane to finish last in gpps.

• monarch

I like the Heat in this game. They have won two in a row on the road, went to an athletic zone vs Memphis that could fluster Hardens iso tendencies. Derrick Jones is great value, feels like a Bam game. Also like J Rich and Wade.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

The Plan:

1. There’s roughly 36 players, barring blowouts who will see the floor tonight. I will look to remove 6 of those names, hopefully more. Haven’t even started looking, but I’m fairly certain there has to bee a few guys who have zero chance of being in the winning line up.

2. Pick the 10 guys in the best spots to have very heavy exposure to. 50% or maybe more.

3. Pick a second tier of 10 to have good exposure too. 25-40%.

4. The remaining group will be sprinkled through.

5. Build 150 line ups.

• superjon

Harden can obviously crush or dud tonight, but one thing is certain. He will be at least 70% owned, which means you can definitely fade him in GPP’s. Especially since Houston is on a B2B-3/4 and had to travel from Houston to Miami.

Right now, I may put him in 1 out of 4 line ups.

• BBWC_10

Could it be DK stat corrected my team -6 pts last night. Went to bed at 348.75 Woke up to 342.75 and about $40 less?

• Ndepompei

Has there been any Lou Will news yet? Thought I saw something yesterday but can’t find it

• Pandamonious

@Ndepompei said...

Has there been any Lou Will news yet? Thought I saw something yesterday but can’t find it

He’s questionable.

• BUFUu2

tonight slate sucks but have to play to get my achievements. Only 2 though one with harden one with out. Think you have to take rall points tonight starting with harden doncic and lou if he plays. Filling in with players getting 25 plus mins a game. this slate kind of comes down to if dsj is playing if he isn’t love barea here as well.

• Njsum1

@JustDFSin said...

You can’t forget the Deandre Jordan narrative

The one where he scored 53 dk points last time out versus the Clippers, who are top 5 in points allowed to Centers…that narrative?

• dmbtrip2004

@Njsum1 said...

The one where he scored 53 dk points last time out versus the Clippers, who are top 5 in points allowed to Centers…that narrative?

• dmbtrip2004

Question is do you fade CP3 for the later guards and balance around james harden

• Kmasonbx

To play or not to play Harden? He’s been on such a tear fading seems like suicide. Thank goodness they got into Miami late so more than likely there wasn’t any partying. But man if he duds and you fade… $$$

• TrustinthePlan

Anyone else feel that you could leave a bunch of money on the table tonight and still have a good lineup? Also, going back the last 2 years, Whiteside has had some good games against Capela. Also Harden is almost is averaging a trip/doub against the Heat the last 2 years. Harden on a B2B and 3 in 4 though is a tough call, but I can see fading in a gpp.

• Theguy49503

Who’s the guy laying in the dirt thats going to be low owned who makes the difference?

• miggs6876

@Jeddy3 said...

I think the only way to differentiate tonight is to not play Harden. Of course this is terrifying and probably the express lane to finish last in gpps.

I agree with the Harden analysis. Of course you shouldn’t fade him on a two game slate. He will be like 70% owned or more. I’m going to play a 25c or $1 gpp and fade him. If he busts I’m way up on the field. If he performs I lose a dollar and change.

• Theguy49503

Only lock I have thus far is DeAndre Jordan lol

• Pandamonious

@Kmasonbx said...

To play or not to play Harden? He’s been on such a tear fading seems like suicide. Thank goodness they got into Miami late so more than likely there wasn’t any partying. But man if he duds and you fade… $$$

Personal opinion here from DK perspective…

He’s super easy to fit in. There isn’t a lot to pay up for. Most of Houston’s rotation (Tucker, Gordon, House, Green) is cheap and will get good minutes. Same with Miami. Most of Miami is really cheap. We’ll have to wait and see about the Clips with whether or not Lou plays, but if he’s out, all of LAC’s guards are cheap. So, fitting him in is simple.

This is where I hate to say it, but raw points would come in. Harden could “dud” and get you 45, but still be in the winning line up as he could still be the highest scorer on the slate. All the guys priced at say, Jordan and above, and their aren’t many are all very capable of hitting no more than 35-40. If you fade Harden and ultimately end up with a more balance approach you could end up with a bunch of 5-6x type returns and do OK. Harden could 4x, but the construction leads you into some 8 and 9x cheaper plays that lead to that construction being key.

So, my point ultimately is with only 2 games to pick from Harden could still dud and still win you all the money. His floor is 40, barring blowout (unlikely) or injury (things happen), but these aren’t things you bet on. No one else on this slate has a floor that high.

• dmbtrip2004

@Pandamonious said...

Personal opinion here from DK perspective…

He’s super easy to fit in. There isn’t a lot to pay up for. Most of Houston’s rotation (Tucker, Gordon, House, Green) is cheap and will get good minutes. Same with Miami. Most of Miami is really cheap. We’ll have to wait and see about the Clips with whether or not Lou plays, but if he’s out, all of LAC’s guards are cheap. So, fitting him in is simple.

This is where I hate to say it, but raw points would come in. Harden could “dud” and get you 45, but still be in the winning line up as he could still be the highest scorer on the slate. All the guys priced at say, Jordan and above, and their aren’t many are all very capable of hitting no more than 35-40. If you fade Harden and ultimately end up with a more balance approach you could end up with a bunch of 5-6x type returns and do OK. Harden could 4x, but the construction leads you into some 8 and 9x cheaper plays that lead to that construction being key.

So, my point ultimately is with only 2 games to pick from Harden could still dud and still win you all the money. His floor is 40, barring blowout (unlikely) or injury (things happen), but these aren’t things you bet on. No one else on this slate has a floor that high.

agreed…and it is likely that he goes between 45 and 55 which you must have to cash on this slate

• miggs6876

@underdawgs said...

Good luck everyone!

I don’t think any of those guys differentiate you enough to take down a gpp. Think you will have to think more out of the box.

• Pandamonious

@miggs6876 said...

I don’t think any of those guys differentiate you enough to take down a gpp. Think you will have to think more out of the box.

Devin Harris and Mike Scott will be under 5% owned on a 2 game slate. How much different do you want to be? Let’s not go all NFL Showdown here and pick, which back up TE or random No. 4 WR will have 2 TD’s.

Only so many guys in the rotation. Only so many things can happen. Just make good looking line ups. Overthinking things and going way outside the box is how you end up with zero return at the end of the night. Let other people make stupid mistakes. If someone only plays 15 minutes usually, and you want to create a scenario where they play 20-25, OK. Otherwise just play the best plays and hope you find the right combination.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).