7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 8 ) at Boston ( -8 ) —- T: 214.5
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 10 ) at Toronto ( -10 ) —- T: 232
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 8 ) at Philadelphia ( -8 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 10 ) at Miami ( -10 ) —- T: 215
    9:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3.5 ) at Portland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 216
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Golden State ( 1 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superstars92

Brandon Ingram has had like 0 FPs last 10 mins…

• superstars92

All my chalk players absolutely sucked. RHJ, Boucher, Drummond, etc. all terrible.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

I was alive entering today.

I did 9 lineups into the contest and somehow am not top 50% with any.

Problem was I had no time to play around with the lineups today because I got home 5 minutes before lock.

Had Boucher and Kemba in every lineup…

There were 144 left entering today. I am one of them. Got lucky I guess the first three or four days because I didn’t intentionally enter it. I think I saw a post from you about it 4 or 5 days ago so started intentionally entering. Hopefully that pool gets cut in half tonight. Looks like I should make it through to tomorrow. However, it will be tough to put in lineups tomorrow if any late news breaks as I am doing a Christmas thing with one side of the family tomorrow.

• superstars92

@tmarohl said...

There were 144 left entering today. I am one of them. Got lucky I guess the first three or four days because I didn’t intentionally enter it. I think I saw a post from you about it 4 or 5 days ago so started intentionally entering. Hopefully that pool gets cut in half tonight. Looks like I should make it through to tomorrow. However, it will be tough to put in lineups tomorrow if any late news breaks as I am doing a Christmas thing with one side of the family tomorrow.

What is this contest?

• yisman

@superstars92 said...

What is this contest?

Compete for a share of over $40,000

Longest Streak = 11, Users = 142

It’s the holiday season so it’s time to start streaking – Santa style! Your winning streak could earn you a share of $40,000. Just finish in the top 50% of players in our daily “Streak Eligible” NBA contests from December 9–21, and your streak continues. Finish with the longest streak, and you could win $10,000 in cash, plus a voucher for the Christmas Day Santa Slam contest! And even if you don’t beat the pack, you’ll still win prizes for reaching milestones along the sleigh way.

https://www.fanduel.com/nba

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

All my chalk players absolutely sucked. RHJ, Boucher, Drummond, etc. all terrible.

I thought Boucher was the trap of the day one they announced that FVV was playing and McCaw was starting. I didn’t see a path for minutes for him after that. I figured that Davis would back up McCaw, and that Boucher would get a couple minutes behind Ibaka, RHJ and OG, but nothing substantial.

• yisman

the streak contests end up with 20+ finishing perfect so you need to do top 50% every day to win a prize

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

That’s a really good score, especially with all the bad chalk. Everyone in the Thunderdome just plays their cash lineup I think.

You should see if you can get a ticket for it. I’ve never entered anything above like the Wildcat/Power Move in NBA since I like more entries than like a few high stake entries, but if you are good at a single lineup you should do it.

Do they have tickets for that, I won a $100 ticket to the fbwc qualifier whatever that is. But we had a discussion the other night how many of us can beat the big pro’s awesomo, moklovn, Chipotle in a single LU. I’ve been tracking the big contest to see how my LU does and I would of won it 3/4 nights.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

the streak contests end up with 20+ finishing perfect so you need to do top 50% every day to win a prize

As of now, assuming I can finish in the top 50% tommorrow, looks like I would get a minimum of about 138 bucks assuming everyone still alive makes it through.

• captainwacky

Panda! Right there sweatin your tail ;)

• yisman

OT would give me a shot at a showdown seat but it would cost me my Santa streak

no idea what to root for

• yisman

Draymond throwing a tantrum

surprised he didn’t get a technical

• BBWC_10

OT may be good for me.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

OT would give me a shot at a showdown seat but it would cost me my Santa streak

no idea what to root for

Would rather have the showdown seat

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Panda! Right there sweatin your tail ;)

How did DK know about Portis?

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Would rather have the showdown seat

true, OT wouldn’t guarantee it, though, just give me another chance

FWIW, I think Santa Streak will end up paying about $50.

• dragon1952

Dammit Jrue

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

true, OT wouldn’t guarantee it, though, just give me another chance

FWIW, I think Santa Streak will end up paying about $50.

it will be more. Just the 10K divided by 144 = 69.44. I assume that number will be cut down after tonight and tomorrow. Plus there is the 10K achievement pool for people with 10 plus wins.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

How did DK know about Portis?

Dude! Also, this is oddly personal but we’re all internet pseudo strangers— I tried mushrooms for the first time, so sweating the end of this tournament (among other awesome adventures I’m going on in my house) has been wild. But they knew about portis, those sneaky bastards :)

• yisman

well, lost the HTH tiebreaker by 9.62, lost the 4 man by the same margin (despite having different lineups and facing different lineups) and I lost my entire $39.96 for the streak contest

Assuming they don’t stat correct me down the standings, my best lineup is barely in the top 50%

if I survive I think I’ll do 15 lineups tomorrow as 9 was not enough today.

• captainwacky

If you’ve never tried sweating DFS lineups while tripping balls and drawing it in crayon… do that lol

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

it will be more. Just the 10K divided by 144 = 69.44. I assume that number will be cut down after tonight and tomorrow. Plus there is the 10K achievement pool for people with 10 plus wins.

Yeah, whoops, bad math.

People have been dropping every day. Final number of people with the perfect streak should be less than 120.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

well, lost the HTH tiebreaker by 9.62, lost the 4 man by the same margin (despite having different lineups and facing different lineups) and I lost my entire $39.96 for the streak contest

Assuming they don’t stat correct me down the standings, my best lineup is barely in the top 50%

if I survive I think I’ll do 15 lineups tomorrow as 9 was not enough today.

If you make it through, just don’t play any punts. Just build a couple solid lineups. They don’t even have to cash, just be in the top 50%.

• NoLimits0

Haven’t played nba since traveling and haven’t really gotten the chance to visit here but just checked in and from looks of things did you take down like 100k or something big Panda? That would be so sweet. I cannot log in to check the leaderboard so just word of mouth here.

• yisman

here’s the Santa Streak progression

12/16: 312 remained
    12/19: 189 remained (missed two days of updating)
    12/20: 142 remained

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).