• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at Indiana ( 1 ) —- T: 211
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -14 ) at Brooklyn ( 14 ) —- T: 232
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5.5 ) at New York ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: 208
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mattyice522 said...

In all seriousness, I could see the nets beating the warriors tonight. espec if Lin and Lopez are hitting

Argh. I just don’t see it at all. Vegas isn’t usually off that much. I think GS could very easily put this away early.

• draped

@jon2anderson said...

Do you guys find it more profitable to play multiple lineups? I’ve been doing less than 3 lineups and playing mainly $1 50/50’s and there just always seems to be that 1 guy that goes for 3X and kills my chancs… really hard to stay profitable. Should I switch to playing 10 lineups in a GPP or?? Seems like most times I hit in 50/50’s I have a high enough score to cash in tourneys anyway… Need some advice!

I think it comes down to personal preference and what you want to get out of it.

I recently have started making only one lineup and entering it in only 1 GPP and now some of these RG forum contests. But that is only bc NBA is new to me and I am more interested in learning than winning money while I wait for the MLB season. I find that by only creating one lineup it has really forced me to analyze guys on a higher level.

Note: before I was entering 20+ lineups in GPPs mostly and doing decent, but not feeling like I was growing as an NBA DFS player.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@dp33071 said...

First off, I think you should actually read and watch the video’s so you can really understand what the article is saying before you rant off. While true is does impact the best player on the other team as well, the purpose of teams doing that are so the other 4 players on the Spurs are forced to guard, and 3 out of the 4 players are not great defenders in Parker, Gasol and LMA. I understand why teams are doing it and they have the stats to back it up, so watch it before hand so you can really see why. Whether we think it works or doesn’t work, teams are having good results using that strategy.

You are saying exactly what I said in my post. Forcing the other team’s less quality players to play and take more shots is awesome defense as long as your other players are able to step up and play some defense. Like I said in my post, this worked better in previous years when team had better overall defense. You are basically saying everything I said so I am not sure what the issue is. I wasn’t ranting, I was giving my opinion. If I am a coach and I can minimize the effect of the other team’s best player, I would like to play those odds. The people who are keeping these stats should ask popovich to get Leonard to guard Taj Gibson instead of Butler and Courtney lee instead of Melo and they would see that the Spurs are even worse with Leonard on the court LOL. The spurs are better with Leonard off the court defensively because the other teams best players are not on the second unit and frankly, some of the players on the second unit like Dedman are better rim protectors and defensive players than Pau.

• erizos17

@mattyice522 said...

In all seriousness, I could see the nets beating the warriors tonight. espec if Lin and Lopez are hitting

If you’re so serious about it bet $100 in the nets winning the game and profit $1400. Ding ding ding

• CaldwellTylerusng94

Horford of Deandre Jordan in Cash?

• dp33071

@superbuckwild said...

You are saying exactly what I said in my post. Forcing the other team’s less quality players to play and take more shots is awesome defense as long as your other players are able to step up and play some defense. Like I said in my post, this worked better in previous years when team had better overall defense. You are basically saying everything I said so I am not sure what the issue is. I wasn’t ranting, I was giving my opinion. If I am a coach and I can minimize the effect of the other team’s best player, I would like to play those odds. The people who are keeping these stats should ask popovich to get Leonard to guard Taj Gibson instead of Butler and Courtney lee instead of Melo and they would see that the Spurs are even worse with Leonard on the court LOL. The spurs are better with Leonard off the court defensively because the other teams best players are not on the second unit and frankly, some of the players on the second unit like Dedman are better rim protectors and defensive players than Pau.

Just a healthy discussion, and I see your points as well. Leonard is a DPOY, so yes he is a beast on D. I’m not sure it will work in the long term, and only works when the Spurs are matched up with another great SF. Now if your a coach, say Kerr, who has Durant. Let Durant sit by the corner all night, forcing Leonard to stay with him. That leaves Parker, Green, Gasol and LMA against Thompson, Draymond, Curry and Zaza or Iggy. Who do you think will win that 4 on 4? Just answer that. because that is the reason teams do it, if they think their other 4 players are better then the Spurs 4 and they take the Spurs best defender out of the play at the same time, then I see why the strategy can work.

Now my real point was why I was intrigued by it was because they article states that when the other team use this tactic, opponents supporting cast usually have good games, because as I said LMA, Gasol and Parker are not good defenders and are forced to guard. I said I would look at box scores when the Spurs are matched up against another team with a great SF to see if the stats are really what they say they are. So going forward I will be looking at that.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I try to avoid 50 50’s unless they are single entry because the scores in the multi entry have been approaching GPP levels. My thought process is you don’t have the upside in the 50-50s like you do in a GPP. You play a $1 50-50 and have a great score and you win a whole $1 back. Conversely, you hit that great score in a GPP you have upside and can win some real money.

With that said, I typically run 15-20 different low dollar $3 – 4 bucks GPP lineups a night, and then maybe throw the two I feel are best in a higher dollar contest like the $25 FD slam. Most nights I typically come out close to even or slightly down. Then you have a couple of nights where you win thousands. That is my approach. Not saying it will work for you but that is what has worked for me.

I do a lot of what you do as well. Play about 15 – 20 lineups in smaller Gpp’s and if I am feeling one of them I will put it into a 25 slam or the 25 or 50 buck single entry tournament. I usually range between losing 10 – 20 bucks and winning 30 – 40 or just barely making a bit of cash and from time to time, maybe once every week and half to two weeks I hit a few hundred and 3 – 5 times a year I get high enough in a gpp to get a grand to 1.5 grand.

I was playing a lot of cash games before, but I am actually finding that in the cheap 1 – 5 dollar entry 50/50’s people are actually playing more tournament like lineups and I think it is because it is low stakes, some of the sharks are willing to play cheaper tournaments because they have a lot of money to fool around with and throw in a riskier lineup and not care as much. When I started noticing this, I started decreasing the amount of money I play in cash games because it really isn’t worth it for me. I am confident that on most nights I can build a lineup that can get in the top 20% with a little bit of risk and at least double up my GPP tournament fee, so why play a safe lineup against people who don’t even know how to differentiate between what constitutes a cash lineup and a tournament one

• Jstri

What are everyone’s thoughts on Melo today?

• frozenleafz

Fading Evan Fournier, any recent injuries scare me. Had him in all my lineups too :/

• Scottjmark

Spencer Dinwiddie will get more than 20 points tonight. And Nick Young will get you 31.

• Hogwired

@flippitydodah said...

I think my GPP strategy today will be to fade Whiteside (as much as it hurts to say that), Go with Horford and Gasol (late game kicker)…and then leave $300-$500 on the table.

How else are you going to differentiate? Seems like a lot of the “midrange” guys are good plays anyways….

so you’re thinking Gasol gets a lot of run??

• dp33071

@Jstri said...

What are everyone’s thoughts on Melo today?

You should take a look at some of the previous pages, people have already mentioned Melo.

• dopeshushi61

RG Overall Ranking

@superbuckwild said...

The Spurs are not better defensively with Leonard off the court. Using your argument, please tell me how the first unit would score less points with Leonard off the court, because until you show me statistics, your argument is invalid.

• LouisD21

Dont sleep on BROLO. The warriors limit centers, but BROLO is not your typical center. He is way more athletic than Zaza and can obviously shoot. BROLO also has 5 inches on Draymond if they decide to switch…just a thought.

• Joeltimb

Why are people against Don’t Google tonight?

• dopeshushi61

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Please play him and then send me a head to head invite.

Lmao

• Joeltimb

No one is talking Russell tonight. Peyton put 22 (36fdp)on the Heat last night. Second night of a back to back for Miami.

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@dopeshushi61 said...

The Spurs are not better defensively with Leonard off the court. Using your argument, please tell me how the first unit would score less points with Leonard off the court, because until you show me statistics, your argument is invalid.

I am not saying that they are, the idiots that came up with the article are. I am pointing out how stupid they are!

• dp33071

@superbuckwild said...

I am not saying that they are, the idiots that came up with the article are. I am pointing out how stupid they are!

Or your one of those that like to call people stupid, sad. I am still waiting for you to answer my question, if you take Durant and Leonard out the play, who wins 4 on 4 between Parker, Green, LMA, Gasol or Curry, Thompson, draymond and most likely Iggy..I’m waiting know it all.

• dragon1952

Trying to find some value on DK and looking at some Lakers. Wouldn’t you think a guy like Mozgov or T. Robinson might get decent minutes with LA having to deal with Whiteside/McRoberts and with Black and Nance both out? They’re both at the minimum price and all they would need is 18-21 fp’s to make me happy.
    Or do they just go small and say screw it?

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

@dp33071 said...

Or your one of those that like to call people stupid, sad. I am still waiting for you to answer my question, if you take Durant and Leonard out the play, who wins 4 on 4 between Parker, Green, LMA, Gasol or Curry, Thompson, draymond and most likely Iggy..I’m waiting know it all.

Tell me how many super team Golden State Warriors there are in basketball? Having an all star team that one good defender on the other team cannot defend has nothing to do with this argument.

• marino4ever

In FD cash, I think I’m going to pretend GS and BKN isn’t on the slate. There’s no way anyone hits 5x value on GS and I would be shocked if any starter plays in the 4th quarter for either team.

• draped

@dp33071 said...

Idk what your point is? Do you want them to put leonard on someone else? Do you want them to bench leonard? superbuckwild was just saying that the spurs are better defensively with leonard on the court regardless of this article. (atleast I think that’s what is going on)

EDIT: also your hypothetical question is a lose/lose situation. if u take those GS 4 vs any team minus their best defender then no shit they r gonna win. Just think of them last year….

• posts06

Kilpatrick or D. Green SG Cash DK

• frozenleafz

Melo or PG13?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).