• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Boston ( -1 ) at Indiana ( 1 ) —- T: 211
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -14 ) at Brooklyn ( 14 ) —- T: 232
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5.5 ) at New York ( -5.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: 208
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 205

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• indyjlj

don’t like amir johnson tonight, he doesn’t match up very well with thad young. likely to see more olynyk, especially with it and al to space the floor

• monarch

@Boyer318 said...

Anyone have any idea on how the bigs from the Knicks will play tonight? Feels like it would be a good spot to play 1 of Noah, O’Quinn or Hernangomez since the Magic are bad at rebounding, but I’m having trouble trying to figure out who will get the minutes. I’m not locking in any of them into my lineup, but thought that would be a decent source of value if we can get on idea on who will get 20ish minutes

At one point Ibaka and VUC were ranked 6th and 7th in the league in defensive efficiency and then they have Biyombo and the Knicks have three other guys that will be shooting every chance they see the ball. I would pass.

• CaldwellTylerusng94

Aaron Gordon uptick in minutes to guard Melo?

• superbuckwild

• Blogger of the Month

Pretty happy with my results last night. Rubio did not do as well as I thought he would, but I went hard with Harrell and Knight and they did great for me. Rolo screwed up some of my lineups. He has been so consistent for most of the year and normally does well against traditional bigs, so I will take the hit on that because my research told me it was a decent play and I can’t do much more than that. That is why they play the games folks. On to tonight …

I want to start by saying that I hate it every time GS is on a slate, especially in a potential blowout. I will be playing about 20 tournament lineups and about 5 – 10 cash. I will have no exposure to the game for cash, as it is too unpredictable and I typically just play one cash lineup for all my cash matchups. For my 20 tournament lineups I will fade the entire game in about 12 of them, find 1 – 3 ways to stack players from the game to form 3 different stack tournament lineups and sprinkle in 1 or 2 players from the game in the remaining 5 lineups. The lineups that I stack the game will be in the faint hope that the game stays close for 3 to 4 quarters (probably very unlikely, but that is why it is a tournament lineup). For these lineups I will try to stack a combo of each teams star players and starters because if it stays close those players would be the ones keeping it close. For the lineups that I sprinkle in 1 or 2 players, it will be assuming a blowout and that despite the blowout 1 or 2 of warriors star players hits value or throwing in a couple of Brooklyn bench guys. In this approach, I normally target Klay and Dray because they are cheaper priced so they might have an easier time getting to value and the bench guys I would target are harris and RHJ.

Aside from this game, the following are some of my targets and avoids with some reasoning:

Targets:

Melo: FD tends to purposely price guys very similar to force you into a decision. Leonard is 8000, George is 7900 and Melo is 7900. If people are going 1 expensive and 1 cheap at sf they will have to pick only 1 and if they are paying up for two, one will be left out. When things like this happen, the first thing I do is go on a couple of sites such as Rotogrinders and run the lineup builder to see which options come out the most in the builder and take the opposite of what I see. My reasoning is that people who use lineup builders will be overexposed to the players that show up on the builder and if I want to differentiate in a small slate then it makes sense to go the opposite. When I did this today, I found that Melo is showing up considerably less than the other two. People will argue that the reason for this is because the other two are better plays, but Orlando does not scare me, and when players are that close in price in a small slate, all it takes is melo getting a 45 while the other 2 get 40 to big a big difference. If you look at leaderboards of tournaments, 5 points can sometimes make a huge difference.

Josh Richardson: Most people will be chasing Tyler Johnson and Dragic. They are both good plays but Richardson will be lower owned and provides cheap exposure to the Lakers matchup. People will be off of him because he only go low 20 fd points in an overtime game last time out, but he shot the ball terribly and all it takes is 2 – 3 extra shots to go in and that become a 30 fd point performance. The minutes will be there and the matchup is great so I will be going back to the well.

Thomas: He will be a popular play, but he is facing Indiana which is a good matchup for point guards so I can’t help but feel that he will put up another great performance. Problem is that a lot of people will be chasing points, so I anticipate high 30 percent ownership in a lot of tournaments.

Thad Young: At his price point against boston bigs I think he provides decent upside for tournaments and a pretty safe floor for cash games.

Trevor Booker: up and down game is right up his alley, he is the type of player that will go mano a mano with Dray, so I like his floor and his upside if game stays close for a bit.

Fournier: For me, he is the play of the night. Good upside. Mid range price. Pretty safe. Good matchup.

Avoids:

Jordan: At first glance I want to play Jordan, but then I was thinking that Hack a Jordan might be right up Popovich’s alley. I will not overexpose myself to him, probably only play him in 1 tournament.

Brook Lopez: Not sure Warriors is a good matchup for him. Yes, it will be a high scoring game and someone has to score for Brooklyn, but I am not sure how he really matches up against them.

Avery Bradley: he might be okay for a cash game lineup but I am worried that with Thomas back he is slightly over priced for any type of upside.

Porzingas: I will be avoiding Porzingas because I honestly think that Ibaka might be able to successfully cover him. I also find that there are some decent cheaper options at pf and I would rather spend up on this slate at C, PG and SF so I have to go cheap somewhere, so he will probably not be in too many of my lineups.

Hope that helps some of you.

• biged263835

I remember when Godside emerged from his YMCA league and started dropping 10x every night, there were still people on this board who were fading him because of ownership %. Having no shares of him tonight is ballsy.

• IronMonkey415

I’m about 100% sure Jeff Teague will be the only player I will have in all my lineups tonight.
    Lets make it 5 games in a row with 40+ FPS, I think he could do it against Boston.

• circadudexl

@CaldwellTylerusng94 said...

Dragic (Going to torch the lakers) , Fournier (Attack Courtney Lee and the Knicks Guards), Crowder (5,200 with guaranteed atleast 30 minutes), Horford

Not with point. Knicks actually containing the point

• PauliePockets

any chance anyone from GSW sits? I want to fade this game altogether due to it being an almost guaranteed blowout.

• JSteele

No redick no cash

Play of the night

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@biged263835 said...

I remember when Godside emerged from his YMCA league and started dropping 10x every night, there were still people on this board who were fading him because of ownership %. Having no shares of him tonight is ballsy.

I’d say that it’s insane to fade Whiteside on this slate, or any slate for the time being for that matter considering the coach is trying to get him more touches on offense. He is a 30/15 candidate every night going forward until news states he will be getting his touches scaled back which I don’t see happening.

• CaldwellTylerusng94

@circadudexl said...

Not with point. Knicks actually containing the point

Fournier will draw the match up with Lee though. Augustine is running point when Fournier is in the game most of the time.

• mattyice522

can anyone explain what is going on with the knicks center rotation?

• ccchalfant

So with potential blowout in GS game, wouldn’t that make Ian Clark a great punt?

• astauty

right now 8k is my highest priced guy.. balance balance balance, you’re welcome for my donation.

• satchmo77

turner is my favorite center for tonight. Been rolling with alot of pacers in my line ups lately.

• circadudexl

@monarch said...

Didn’t the nets beat the Warriors in Oakland last season? And don’t they Play at the fastest pace?

GS has a new toy this year

• satchmo77

liking rhj too, especially on dk

• circadudexl

@CaldwellTylerusng94 said...

Fournier will draw the match up with Lee though. Augustine is running point when Fournier is in the game most of the time.

I know I’m just saying that cause you said guards. Fournier is a great play, just don’t waste time on Augustin.

• P0key

@tmarohl said...

That doesn’t matter as much as people think. The guy who took down the Super Dunk, and the Slam last night had Irving 22.4%, Beverly 6.6%, Giannis, 31.6%, Booker 22.3%, James 26.4%, Bazemore 40.9%, Millsap 34.4%, Harrell 31.5%, Thompson 9.6%. It is a myth that you need to have all of these low owned positions to win in a GPP. I think many of us tend to forget that the object is to score the most points and we force low owned players into lineups. More often than not the low owned guys are low owned for a reason.

Yup..you pretty much said what i wanted to say plus more..lol @ folks faded whiteside on a 5 game slate strictly because of ownership…

• bberard34

@BUFUu2 said...

I just want to take a min and thank however was talking all about rubio yesterday I played him in about 90 percent of my lineups yesterday and cashed in all but one…. So thank you now we have some grinding to do…..

Ya at that price even with him only getting 26 points it’s still almost 5x and opened up so much room in your lineup.

• circadudexl

Trying to figure out who will be faried tonight. Probably slay Thompson out produces Fournier

• draped

@P0key said...

Yup..you pretty much said what i wanted to say plus more..lol @ folks faded whiteside on a 5 game slate strictly because of ownership…

idk why people are saying we are fading him bc of the %. Everyone so far has said it is because center is stacked tonight compared to other positions.

Whiteside, horford, and turner are all good plays.

EDIT: and saving 3k at center lets you pay up for some great 7k options today like Teague, dragic, melo. Especially when I am not seeing very much punt level value.

• clrockny24

@JSteele said...

No redick no cash

Play of the night

good. I trust your judgment (but who doesn’t.) I’m curious, why do you have him as a good play tonight?

• P0key

after a week of fading teague I know better than to finally play him tonight on a smaller slate…but I refuse to go with gut..and will lock him in

• mrmogz

@Chefzeak said...

What are some of you guys best research sites?

This forum for discussion, RG lineup builder for reference, BBM for updates, fuck articles and pay sites, do the rest on your own.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler