7:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Orlando ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( -5.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 5.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 5 ) at Milwaukee ( -5 ) —- T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at Miami ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 11.5 ) at Houston ( -11.5 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 10.5 ) at Okla City ( -10.5 ) —- T: 205
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kbry24

E Gordon & McCollum

• upgradetoquestionable

9 game slate and only 4 have totals so far. Gotta love the injury situation in the NBA. At first glance liking the Den/Por game as a potential game stack. W/O Lillard I’m hoping the Nuggets can keep it close. Nurk and Jokic have a rivalry that is real. Everyone gonna love Napier, meanwhile I think McCollum has the big game. Plumlee with revenge narrative too. Gonna have me a stack here.

With the big total would love the LAC/Hou game but that spread is concerning. DK has priced Gordon up but I think I’ll still have some. How much chucking will Harden and LouWill do?

• DirkDigglerz

All the Jock Itch

• Jeddy3

Is Schroder really 6600? If he goes, that is going to be hard to ignore.

• bjacksonibew

Kemba at 6800, but it’s against the Bucks :/

• BUFUu2

is kcp playing tonight can he go out of state yet lol sounds like my brother lol

• bucherpsu08

@BUFUu2 said...

is kcp playing tonight can he go out of state yet lol sounds like my brother lol

Oakland is in Cali so I don’t see why not.

• upgradetoquestionable

Can we get the Dragon out for one more day so we can load up on 35-40 minutes of the 7 guys in the Heat rotation left?

• superjon

My starting 5

PG – John Wall / Minutes trending upwards. Good match up.

SG – McCollum / Should be a must play with Lillard out in this favorable match up.

SF – PG13 or Durant / Durant just crushed the Lakers, and can probably do the same tonight. PG13’s price of 8400 on FD seems high and could drive down ownership .

PF – Aminu / I like Aminu for salary relief and ownership with most probably playing Nurkic. Plus I would think he matches up against Craig or Chandler, and I like Aminu’s side.

C – Vuc / I can see him and Cousins both having good games tonight, but Vuc is $1100 less on FD. In addition, this could be one of those bounce back spots after his lackluster performance against Chicago. Not to mention, NO has been bad vs centers all season, but they’ve been the absolute worst over the last 2 weeks.

I might mix a few here and there, but my absolute locks are Vuc and CJ.

• joshshafe

So the Starting 5 stuff on FD is interesting. I ran two lineups last night, one with a full game stack plus another player (CLE/CHI – Dunn/Holiday/LeBron/Love + Aldridge) and then another lineup with two game stacks (MEM/PHO – Evans/Gasol/TJ + TOR/PHI – DeRozan/Simmons). The lineup with two game stacks cashed and the other did not.

Winning lineups looked to be all over the board…still can’t really determine how much stacking will be used in this type of contest, but I think it is the optimal strategy. Winning lineup in the Starting 5 Dribbler had 250.5, which meant we needed less than 4.5x from every player. The night seemed lower scoring, so I’m not sure what we would want ideally, but 4.3 or something would’ve done it last night.

It doesn’t seem like you can do too much Stars + Scrubs in this format, but I think we would want to try to shove in one star and then balance out the rest. If you throw two stars in tonight (Westbrook + Boogie), that leaves you with about 9000 per player and 8000 is the minimum for each position. So, you could do an 11000 player and then throw 2 min players in, but unless you can make sure they will get 5x in this case, it may not be worth.

This one is fun to try to figure out how to construct the roster. I am glad they added a new type of contest and also…min cash is 2.5x on the $1 Dribbler SE, and the 100 player tournament is 3x, which is how FD used to be. Loving that part of it.

• BUFUu2

@bucherpsu08 said...

Oakland is in Cali so I don’t see why not.

wow just wow lets just act like i didn’t say that ok……. time to grind just looking at all players before i start

• colb24

play Shabazz Napier…. when no dame he kills.

• TrustinthePlan

As much as I know Napier will be 1000 percent owned tonight (not literally, but probably over 50%), he just fits so nicely into my lineups so far at the 4300 on DK. Also liking Middleton for some a mid price range guy who should feast on the Hornets.

• neccos

Let me save everyone some salary now: Don’t play Giannis tonight….not against MKG defense; look at their past matchups if you need some proof.

• BUFUu2

At first glance I think i am just going to plug in harden with no paul or capela then mid tier guys with no super punts nice slate and a lot of players in good spots..

• joshshafe

I’d imagine it is going to be chalky, but I’ll go with Gordon over Harden because of salary and pay up for Westbrook. Gordon was on FIRE while CP3 was out earlier this year and Harden was on a cold streak (for him) for about 9 or 10 games without CP3.

• brendanhorton

First thoughts of the day on FD, I like paying up for Durant, paying down for Napier, as well as Lonzo, Ingram, Holiday, LeVert. Not sure which Miami guys I’m leaning towards between Mickey, Olynyk, and Adebayo.

• RAWSHADTX

I actually might pay towards Elfrid @ $5600 on DK.

• superjon

@colb24 said...

play Shabazz Napier…. when no dame he kills.

NO!!! DO NOT PLAY NAPIER!!!

7 game sample size without Lillard. Yeah, he crushed it in his most recent two games. But in case you didn’t see, CJ and Nurkic were also out in those games.

31.8 FD points (No CJ or Nurkic)
    42.7 FD points (No CJ or Nurkic)
    8.5 FD points
    3.7 FD points
    15 FD points
    8.4 FD points
    14.2 FD points

Meanwhile, in those other 5 games where CJ did play. CJ scored (real points) 35, 43, 29, 20, and 29

I repeat. DO NOT PLAY NAPIER tonight.

• brendanhorton

@superjon said...

7 game sample size without Lillard. Yeah, he crushed it in his most recent two games. But in case you didn’t see, CJ and Nurkic were also out in those games.

8.5 FD points
    3.7 FD points
    15 FD points
    8.4 FD points
    14.2 FD points

Meanwhile, in those other 5 games where CJ did play. CJ scored (real points) 35, 43, 29, 20, and 29

This is helpful.

• colb24

@superjon said...

8.5 FD points
    3.7 FD points
    15 FD points
    8.4 FD points
    14.2 FD points

I’m all over him tonight their can be sample size as big as a rich kids Santa list, I like him tonight.

• superjon

@colb24 said...

I’m all over him tonight their can be sample size as big as a rich kids Santa list, I like him tonight.

CJ is going to run the point a lot tonight.

Good luck

• monarch

So, no CP3, Capela or Luc Richard and Clips without Wesley Johnson. I’m going to be heavy on Ariza because Beard and Gordon can’t take every shot.

• dmbtrip2004

@superjon said...

CJ is going to run the point a lot tonight.

Good luck

Do we honestly think that Napier cant get 24FD points tonight? that’s 7x

• JustDFSin

If Harris is out I will be all over Jamal murray

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).