NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T: 231
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 )at LA Lakers( -2.5 ) — T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• monarch

Sounds like we are pretty close tmarohl outside of our expectation for Kyrie/Steph and what LeBron will do. I think LeBron crushes and Kyrie iso’s the hell out of whoever the Warriors slowest defender is.

• tmarohl

With Lebron today I think you have to hope that he has a lot of assists and is making his outside shots. I don’t see him playing very physical and playing around the rim unless it is on a fast break. I worry about the assist numbers if German Rondo is in the starting lineup.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

don’t see Lebron being a great play tonight, he’s going to rest early and often this season

Agree, yet will Lebron rest on opening night is the question 🤷‍♂️

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Sounds like we are pretty close tmarohl outside of our expectation for Kyrie/Steph and what LeBron will do. I think LeBron crushes and Kyrie iso’s the hell out of whoever the Warriors slowest defender is.

I’m playing mostly on FD as I will have 25 entries or so. Lebron will only be in a couple because I feel he is over priced. I’m doing 5 or so on DK and I will have him in one. I tend to think Steph will be the highest scorer on the slate. He is projected for about 7 more points on DK than Kyrie. However if this turns out to be a Brooklyn route and Steph doesn’t make it to the fourth quarter, I could see neither of Steph or Kyrie hitting value.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

With Lebron today I think you have to hope that he has a lot of assists and is making his outside shots. I don’t see him playing very physical and playing around the rim unless it is on a fast break. I worry about the assist numbers if German Rondo is in the starting lineup.

LeBron’s usage is insane in his first two preseason games….above 40 percent and in the games last season where he was above 40 percent he was putting up scores in the 60s. Now he probably plays less but the Lakers are on TNT, do not play for three additional days and do not travel and it is against Kawhi and Jerry West for a little narrative.

His per minute rates with Javale and Dwight off the floor are sky high as well especially his scoring and rebounding rates. His assist rates are down a bit but with no center that plays near the rim and Gasol, AD and even Trez operating really high the paint is extremely available for whoever he wants to take on a ride with him to the basket. I think he has the best floor/ceiling combination tonight.

• 7klub06

You guys like Chris or Wiseman for the Cheap?

• Jeddy3

Anyone taking a shot at preseason stud THT?

• theIrrigator

Lebron just won the championship a few weeks ago. I dont really see him trying to prove anything tonight. Would be interesting to go back and look at Lebron’s first game stats the following year off of title wins

• JSteele

@Jeddy3 said...

Anyone taking a shot at preseason stud THT?

I don’t think he plays much

• Pandamonious

I wouldn’t read too much into preseason usage. I definitely wouldn’t read anything into what a players rates are with guys off the floor who are no longer on the team. Especially when those players were replaced by arguably better and higher usage type players.

• theIrrigator

@7klub06 said...

You guys like Chris or Wiseman for the Cheap?

Wiseman

• draarona

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-three-other-nets-141121327.html

Is this true? Durant and three other Nets out with Covid?

• Pandamonious

@draarona said...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-three-other-nets-141121327.html

Is this true? Durant and three other Nets out with Covid?

Uh…did you watch the video? Who’s trolling?

Like who does this and how do people find it? This old with today’s date. Durant had the Rona back in March.

• draarona

@Pandamonious said...

not trolling. sorry honestly just watched first 30 seconds and saw article date posted today. please delete my comment so no confusion or panic. thx

• draarona

@Pandamonious said...

Like who does this and how do people find it? This old with today’s date. Durant had the Rona back in March.

it was on the front page of yahoo when i opened it up at the office just now. Literally the 3rd article down. crazy

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

LeBron’s usage is insane in his first two preseason games….above 40 percent and in the games last season where he was above 40 percent he was putting up scores in the 60s. Now he probably plays less but the Lakers are on TNT, do not play for three additional days and do not travel and it is against Kawhi and Jerry West for a little narrative.

His per minute rates with Javale and Dwight off the floor are sky high as well especially his scoring and rebounding rates. His assist rates are down a bit but with no center that plays near the rim and Gasol, AD and even Trez operating really high the paint is extremely available for whoever he wants to take on a ride with him to the basket. I think he has the best floor/ceiling combination tonight.

I guess that is why they play the games. I can make a case for him on DK, not so much on FD. His points per dollar project at 4.96 on DK, 4.08 on FD.
    On DK, Lebron has the fourth highest ceiling. On FD, Lebron has the fourth highest ceiling. These are based on Rotogrinders projections.
    The studs on DK are more evenly priced. On FD, Lebron is priced $1500 more than Kawhi, and $2500 more than Durant, and they are all projected to be within a point of each other.

• Pandamonious

@draarona said...

not trolling. sorry honestly just watched first 30 seconds and saw article date posted today. please delete my comment so no confusion or panic. thx

Sorry wasn’t trying to accuse you of trolling, as much as like who gets on yahoo, takes an old video and puts it on an article dated today and gets it to peoples faces? Didn’t realize it was that easy to get on Yahoo and for people to just create their own fake news

• theIrrigator

Transaction note: Juan Toscano-Anderson to re-sign with the Warriors.

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

Transaction note: Juan Toscano-Anderson to re-sign with the Warriors.

What was the purpose of cutting him two days ago then?

• jv21

What are y’all’s plan for late swapping? There has to be some strategy here. There will probably be lower owned guys in the LA battle vs the GSW/BKN. Eg harris vs Kennard, wiseman/paschall vs Harrell/ibaka/Zubax

• thedkexperience

@Felixxberg said...

I know nothing about NBA, but I have played a whole lot of DFS (only GPPs), and indeed you need to hit the nuts anyway if your goal is to win the milly maker, but finding ways to be different is crucial.

I have played all NFL milly maker SD slates (which I think we can compare to an NBA two game slate), and sometimes first place was split so many ways that people were winning like $7K. I’m not saying $7K is bad, but being lucky enough to have the optimal lineup or the best lineup out of 175K entrants and winning only $7K is a joke.

I’d much rather try to be different to win at least $100K. The best way to do that in NFL is to leave a lot of salary on the table. I assume it’s the same for the upcoming NBA two game slate. Another way is to play 5% or less guys.

We see crazy things happen all the time, like Kumerow catching a TD at 0.16% and winning someone $100K, or Mariota replacing Carr and winning someone $500K at 0.03%. Those two things happened this week. I think Kendrick Nunn won someone a million, too, in last year’s playoffs, because someone got injured and Nunn replaced him.

The main difference between the two sports is that it’s HIGHLY unlikely that a low cost bench player who isn’t announced as having a big bump in minutes that day (usually due to an injury by someone else) will go absolutely ham.

Also in NFL if you choose a TE that is min priced and scores 18 points it’s a huge day. If you choose a minimum priced guy in NBA and they don’t smash for 30+ then you could have likely chosen a better option.

What makes NBA so hard is that it is very easy on the surface. I don’t care which 3 stars you pick tonight as almost any combination of them will get you nearly 150 points at minimum. There will be people tonight who do that, pick a few good bench players and score about 300 only to miss the cash line or min cash fooling themselves into thinking that NBA is easy and they are real close. But that last 20% is a damn mountain to climb, let me tell you.

Also, in football you can miss on a player and still win a ton of money. In baseball you can get zeros from 4 or 5 guys and still win thousands on some nights. In basketball, you cannot make a mistake which is why it’s the hardest DFS sport even if the high floor makes it seem oh so winnable.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

What was the purpose of cutting him two days ago then?

All for fun. Heard it was GG’s idea.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

Another thing I will add, is that I try to stack every game. You get OT in one or more games that can be fantasy gold. It doesn’t matter what stakes you are playing. If you have a 12 game slate and you want to play 20 bucks, play 20 $1 contests, stack all 12 games, and then play 8 other combinations based on value or highest projected points.

This is a great point. You really need to pinpoint the game that will go off the rails on the over under.

That said …

Typically an NFL over is around 50. It’s unlikely you’ll see that number doubled more than maybe once a decade.

Typically an NBA over is around 230. You could live a hundred lifetimes and never see that number doubled.

Typically a MLB over under is around 9. You’ll see that number doubled every other day.

Essentially what I’m saying is if this is your strategy, which is a very good one mind you, then you should play baseball DFS regularly.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

Is it even possible to be profitable in cash games anymore? Would like to grind, but thinking I might be better off entering GPP’s and hoping I get lucky.

The cash line for tournaments is often very close to the 50/50 line these days. It’s just not even worth it to me anymore. All of my worst DFS days are when I got my cash lineup wrong. When I get my tournament lineup wrong I simply lose $5 or $12 and move onto tomorrow.

• monarch

Slate specific discussion has taken a hit on page 10 lol.

I do think Jarrett Allens days are numbered in BKN. Jeff Green will be their backup five before too long. I am not sure how that applies to tonight but I will have some shares of Green.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).