NBA FORUM

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T: 231
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 )at LA Lakers( -2.5 ) — T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Wiseman

I’ll have Wiseman in a lineup or two, yet going up against DAJ isn’t a great matchup.

I’m not arguing DAJ is a good defender, he’s average, yet I don’t think the Warriors will be running offense through Wiseman, so he’ll need rebounds/put backs, blocks, steals, and ally-oops in his limited time on the floor, and DAJ at the very least limits his rebounding upside. I could be wrong that’s just my feel.

• thedkexperience

@tmarohl said...

I’m playing mostly on FD as I will have 25 entries or so. Lebron will only be in a couple because I feel he is over priced. I’m doing 5 or so on DK and I will have him in one. I tend to think Steph will be the highest scorer on the slate. He is projected for about 7 more points on DK than Kyrie. However if this turns out to be a Brooklyn route and Steph doesn’t make it to the fourth quarter, I could see neither of Steph or Kyrie hitting value.

I see a lot of people predicting a road blowout against the Warriors. I get that they aren’t the Warriors of 2 years ago but it’s still Steph in a home game with a chip on his shoulder.

Not saying it’s impossible but I don’t think middling home teams get blown out as much as everyone seems to think.

Edit – I’m an idiot who apparently has home/road dyslexia. Please ignore this as it’s been pointed out already. My error.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Sorry it’s not today’s slate, but Harden has reportedly now resortrd to yelling at and fighting teammates at practice and throwing basketballs at them to get out of Houston.

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

I see a lot of people predicting a road blowout against the Warriors. I get that they aren’t the Warriors of 2 years ago but it’s still Steph in a home game with a chip on his shoulder.

Not saying it’s impossible but I don’t think middling home teams get blown out as much as everyone seems to think.

I haven’t heard people “predicting a blowout” just mentioned it as a “possibility”

If you look at the 2 point jump in spread, I’d say it’s at the very least a “minor concern”

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

The game is at Barclays. But I agree with your assessment, I don’t think they get blown out either.

• emnj69

@Pandamonious said...

Sorry it’s not today’s slate, but Harden has reportedly now resortrd to yelling at and fighting teammates at practice and throwing basketballs at them to get out of Houston.

I hope Houston refuses to trade harden-dude is under contract-make him play and if he refuses to play dont pay him-about time the league reigns in the players from controlling rosters and coaching etc…

• BigRay

@thedkexperience said...

If you choose a minimum priced guy in NBA and they don’t smash for 30+ then you could have likely chosen a better option.

So true. If your $3500 guy hits 22 pts. which is > 6x value you lose. He has to get 10x to make it happen.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Live look at James Harden if he was a panda bear 😬

• emnj69

question I see a few fantasy world championship qualifiers tonight-how does it work when the prize is one ticket if a bunch of people have the same line up ?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

What was the purpose of cutting him two days ago then?

Dont know. Maybe GG knows

• thedkexperience

@Pandamonious said...

If it were Jimmy Butler everyone would be talking about how he is using his fire to motivate his teammates.

• emnj69

I would love to see harden go to the nets only because him and kyrie would hate each other after on game and durant would be begging to get out of town

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

Live look at James Harden if he was a panda bear 😬

Remember this is a no fun forum. Stop the Gifs.

Kelly Oubre is looking rather enticing to me as long as he stays out of foul trouble. Needed scoring and will likely guard KD.

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

The game is at Barclays. But I agree with your assessment, I don’t think they get blown out either.

Damnit. Sorry. Ok that makes more sense. I need coffee.

• bigwillie20

@emnj69 said...

question I see a few fantasy world championship qualifiers tonight-how does it work when the prize is one ticket if a bunch of people have the same line up ?

WE WILL SPLIT THE BIKE DOWN THE MIDDLE!

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

This is a great point. You really need to pinpoint the game that will go off the rails on the over under.

That said …

Typically an NFL over is around 50. It’s unlikely you’ll see that number doubled more than maybe once a decade.

Typically an NBA over is around 230. You could live a hundred lifetimes and never see that number doubled.

Typically a MLB over under is around 9. You’ll see that number doubled every other day.

Essentially what I’m saying is if this is your strategy, which is a very good one mind you, then you should play baseball DFS regularly.

I used to play baseball a lot. I kind of backed off of it the last few years.

• mrjredoak

What will the mins look like between DAJ and Allen tonight?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@jv21 said...

What are y’all’s plan for late swapping? There has to be some strategy here. There will probably be lower owned guys in the LA battle vs the GSW/BKN. Eg harris vs Kennard, wiseman/paschall vs Harrell/ibaka/Zubax

Not enough games to worry about late swapping. Shouldn’t be any news to react too

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

If it were Jimmy Butler everyone would be talking about how he is using his fire to motivate his teammates.

I think by throwing basketballs at his teammates, Harden is trying to increase their lateral agility. Clearly Prepping his guys for a title run. However he’s gonna be in trouble if he starts doing this…

• tmarohl

For you DK players, go to the promo tab and opt in to this free challenge.

Tuesday’s Featured Game #1

A NEW WAY TO SWEAT CRUNCH TIME.
    In tonight’s Brooklyn vs. Golden State game, if a player hits a 3-pointer in the last minute of the fourth quarter, you get entry to an exclusive $100K contest.

Opt-in below before the start of the 4th quarter.
    OPT IN #1

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

I’ll have Wiseman in a lineup or two, yet going up against DAJ isn’t a great matchup.

I’m not arguing DAJ is a good defender, he’s average, yet I don’t think the Warriors will be running offense through Wiseman, so he’ll need rebounds/put backs, blocks, steals, and ally-oops in his limited time on the floor, and DAJ at the very least limits his rebounding upside. I could be wrong that’s just my feel.

So you think Wiseman starts tonight?

• tmarohl

@thedkexperience said...

Golden State is the road team.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

So you think Wiseman starts tonight?

Yes, if he doesn’t I like him slightly more.

• thedkexperience

@emnj69 said...

I hope Houston refuses to trade harden-dude is under contract-make him play and if he refuses to play dont pay him-about time the league reigns in the players from controlling rosters and coaching etc…

Let me ask you, if you are an MVP who has had multiple seasons of offense that are as good or better than Kobe’s best seasons and you have half a billion dollars in the bank already, how exactly could you be reigned in?

People are out here acting like Harden is just some dude. He’s an elite all time great who is still in his prime who doesn’t want to spend his final elite seasons playing for a team who isn’t run well enough to get over the hump. He’s also never left a team in free agency and up until now has been one of the most loyal players in the league.

The James Harden internet slander has reached outrageous proportions lately. He’s a disgruntled star. Big deal. He’s doing the same things that Jimmy Butler does except he does it while averaging 34 points a game instead of 19.

• Njsum1

@tmarohl said...

For you DK players, go to the promo tab and opt in to this free challenge.

Tuesday’s Featured Game #1

A NEW WAY TO SWEAT CRUNCH TIME.
    In tonight’s Brooklyn vs. Golden State game, if a player hits a 3-pointer in the last minute of the fourth quarter, you get entry to an exclusive $100K contest.

Opt-in below before the start of the 4th quarter.
    OPT IN #1

👍🔥🏀🍀

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).