NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T: 231
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 )at LA Lakers( -2.5 ) — T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@emnj69 said...

question I see a few fantasy world championship qualifiers tonight-how does it work when the prize is one ticket if a bunch of people have the same line up ?

In the event of a tie for a position that awards an entry into the WFBBC Finals in a WFBBC Qualifier or Mega Qualifier, the tied participants will play a one-day ‘playoff’ contest to determine finishing position. The playoff will be a Head-to-Head or private league contest using standard FanDuel NBA rosters and scoring rules. All other ties (whether in the WFBBC Finals or in WFBBC Qualifiers) will result in the tied participants splitting the cash value of the prizes for the tied finishing positions.

• jv21

@theIrrigator said...

Not enough games to worry about late swapping. Shouldn’t be any news to react too

I meant in regards to game theory and lineup construction. I don’t late swap much but I assume you need to have a plan tonight. I doubt the lineup made before tip off wins the tournament.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mrjredoak said...

What will the mins look like between DAJ and Allen tonight?

The last game Jordan started and played like 7 mins, then Allen played like 7, then Jordan came back in and played like 5 mins and then they closed out with small ball for the last 4-5 mins. That was for the 1st half. I think we see something similar to that assuming they run some small ball again

• Ricolasvegas

Panda, Monarch, Irrigator… you guys seem sharp on NBA, I value your thoughts and help. heres a few questions…

Chief Curry… His usage rate without Draymond and Klay last year was 33%. Seems like a no brainer smash spot in an up-paced game any reason not to jam him in all my lineups ?

Paschall- value of the night at $3800 ? avg .9 fantasy pts per minute last year. how chalky will he be ?

Montrezl $5300- Revenge game vs his old team game 1, what are his minutes gonna be tho ?

Durrant- vs his old team.. Im just leary of him coming off achillies… are you guys on him ? just seems like alot of ?? to me… Id rather play Davis or James thoughts ?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@thedkexperience said...

People are out here acting like Harden is just some dude

He’s okay. I wouldnt want him on my team

• jonsie1734

@monarch said...

I do think Jarrett Allens days are numbered in BKN. Jeff Green will be their backup five before too long. I am not sure how that applies to tonight but I will have some shares of Green.

What do you mean by shares of Green? Best Ball or Season Long to me wouldn’t make much sense in my opinion, and neither would a near term DFS slate.

• tmarohl

@jv21 said...

I meant in regards to game theory and lineup construction. I don’t late swap much but I assume you need to have a plan tonight. I doubt the lineup made before tip off wins the tournament.

If that is your theory on a two game slate, enter a bunch of the same lineups and then if you are in the running, differentiate them prior to game two starting. Like theIrrigator said, not enough games to worry about late swapping. Every combination will be covered on a two game slate prior to games starting.

• jonsie1734

@7klub06 said...

You guys like Chris or Wiseman for the Cheap?

I feel like I’m the only person to likes Chriss, especially for a low owned GPP play. I guess maybe you’re thinking the same thing since you asked the question…

Anyone have a take on Chriss?

• noddy

@tmarohl said...

For you DK players, go to the promo tab and opt in to this free challenge.

Tuesday’s Featured Game #1

A NEW WAY TO SWEAT CRUNCH TIME.
    In tonight’s Brooklyn vs. Golden State game, if a player hits a 3-pointer in the last minute of the fourth quarter, you get entry to an exclusive $100K contest.

Opt-in below before the start of the 4th quarter.
    OPT IN #1

Thank you!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@jv21 said...

Shouldn’t need a plan. Nothing is gonna change that we dont know pre-lock. If I have Kawhi, Schroder, and Harrell left nothing that happened in the first game is gonna make me swap to like AD, Pat Bev, Batum. I dont know if that swap even works salary wise but you get what I’m saying

I will add that yes I would consider swapping if I was heavy clippers and for some reason Lebron was ruled out. Then I would try to flip Kawhi to AD and some of the other Lakers. But I wont worry about that until it happens

• jonsie1734

@emnj69 said...

question I see a few fantasy world championship qualifiers tonight-how does it work when the prize is one ticket if a bunch of people have the same line up ?

Pretty sure it’s a split, which would be tremendous value particularly on a two game slate. I’ve had several situations where I won a ticket via tie. For example, let’s say top 2 get a ticket. First place scores 100 and then 3 people score 99. As a result, you’d have 4 tickets issued. I don’t see how it could work any other way.

• monarch

Trez- He scares me a bit as the Dwight Howard role for his price. He may play a little more than Dwight but he probably wont close. He would get a boost if the game gets out of hand.

Curry- He is either going to be the guy you need or kinda be meh. I will have him but the Nets can kinda make him pass the ball if they want. I am not sure what the Nets do but I would get the ball out of his hands and make Looney, Wiseman, Paschall be the facilitators which would lead to wide open Wiggins, Oubre, Baze, Wanamaker shots because we know the Nets are not closing out to the ancillary shooters. They know how to defend Curry but Im not sure they really care to make it a priority tonight. Mike D’Antoni for instance did a pretty good job of keeping him in check over the years.

Durant- I am mainly fading much higher priority on Bron, AD or Kawhi

Paschall- largely eating that chalk

• monarch

@jonsie1734 said...

What do you mean by shares of Green? Best Ball or Season Long to me wouldn’t make much sense in my opinion, and neither would a near term DFS slate.

On my team tonight and hope he makes a few threes

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@jonsie1734 said...

I feel like I’m the only person to likes Chriss, especially for a low owned GPP play. I guess maybe you’re thinking the same thing since you asked the question…

Anyone have a take on Chriss?

I expect Wiseman to double up Chriss in minutes. Like I’m not even sure if Chriss gets on the court. That is my only concern

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

About late swap…

It’s not just about injuries.

You might have had a couple duds from the early game, and you know your pieces from the 2nd game are the chalkier plays. You know it’s going to be harder to make up your dud plays from the 1st game with just dudes from the 2nd game everyone will have. So, you can then swap out one or two of your chalkier 2nd game plays for lower owned ones, and hoping the outscore the chalkier guys and you can make up ground that way.

• jonsie1734

@theIrrigator said...

I expect Wiseman to double up Chriss on minutes. Like I’m not even sure if Chriss gets on the court. That is my only concern

My concern as well. I had Chriss in a ton of lineups before Wiseman got confirmed to play.

• jonsie1734

@monarch said...

@jonsie1734 said… On my team tonight and hope he makes a few threes

Got it. Similar to what I could see out of Kennard and/or Harris, although I’m not sure why all the “experts” are ranking the latter as the top SF play.

• tmarohl

@jonsie1734 said...

Pretty sure it’s a split, which would be tremendous value particularly on a two game slate. I’ve had several situations where I won a ticket via tie. For example, let’s say top 2 get a ticket. First place scores 100 and then 3 people score 99. As a result, you’d have 4 tickets issued. I don’t see how it could work any other way.

For this contest, tied entry’s play a head to head or small league on a different slate to determine the winner.

• jv21

@theIrrigator said...

Shouldn’t need a plan. Nothing is gonna change that we dont know pre-lock. If I have Kawhi, Schroder, and Harrell left nothing that happened in the first game is gonna make me swap to like AD, Pat Bev, Batum. I dont know if that swap even works salary wise but you get what I’m saying

I will add that yes I would consider swapping if I was heavy clippers and for some reason Lebron was ruled out. Then I would try to flip Kawhi to AD and some of the other Lakers. But I wont worry about that until it happens

Ok interesting.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Trez- He scares me a bit as the Dwight Howard role for his price. He may play a little more than Dwight but he probably wont close. He would get a boost if the game gets out of hand.

Curry- He is either going to be the guy you need or kinda be meh. I will have him but the Nets can kinda make him pass the ball if they want. I am not sure what the Nets do but I would get the ball out of his hands and make Looney, Wiseman, Paschall be the facilitators which would lead to wide open Wiggins, Oubre, Baze, Wanamaker shots because we know the Nets are not closing out to the ancillary shooters. They know how to defend Curry but Im not sure they really care to make it a priority tonight. Mike D’Antoni for instance did a pretty good job of keeping him in check over the years.

Durant- I am mainly fading much higher priority on Bron, AD or Kawhi

Paschall- largely eating that chalk

I guess we look at this slate completely different.

• jonsie1734

@tmarohl said...

@jonsie1734 said…

For this contest, tied entry’s play a head to head or small league on a different slate to determine the winner.

Interesting. As you can tell, I’ve never been in that situation for high prize ticket contest.

On a related note, I’ve been enjoying playing satellites for the past year or so.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

I guess we look at this slate completely different.

Its early. Also a two game slate most us are playing everyone. This is like a showdown slate. Instead of being locked into projections I want to be more game theory/correlation. Minutes are important one of these games could blow out. There is a lot to take in for a two gamer.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

expect Wiseman to double up Chriss in minutes

You got wiseman for more than like 22 minutes?

• zeeshan2

Got Kyrie, Durant, Curry, and AD in a LU on FD and I don’t hate it. Lot of good value

I am mainly focusing on the first game with the nets-GS. I am not fading the second game, just targeting more from that game

• johnnyjakes

Guys like Panda and Irrigator…

I know it seems like a simple answer, and maybe it is… but how do you differentiate on a 2-game slate with 995K entries?

Or, is it just a lottery ticket like every other GPP and you just have to get every piece right. Not enough players will get playable minutes to make enough varying lineups to be different.

Up top I see Curry, Kyrie, AD, Durant, PG, Kawhi, Lebron. Just pick the right 3 of the 7, and have the other 6 pieces hit? I really want to fade Curry (just to be different) but if he goes lights out and goes for 70 at 70 percent ownership, no way I can catch up.

Thoughts?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).