NBA FORUM

Comments

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 7.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -7.5 ) — T: 231
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 2.5 )at LA Lakers( -2.5 ) — T: 221.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for this slate. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Ricolasvegas said...

Panda, Monarch, Irrigator… you guys seem sharp on NBA, I value your thoughts and help. heres a few questions…

Chief Curry… His usage rate without Draymond and Klay last year was 33%. Seems like a no brainer smash spot in an up-paced game any reason not to jam him in all my lineups ?

Paschall- value of the night at $3800 ? avg .9 fantasy pts per minute last year. how chalky will he be ?

Montrezl $5300- Revenge game vs his old team game 1, what are his minutes gonna be tho ?

Durrant- vs his old team.. Im just leary of him coming off achillies… are you guys on him ? just seems like alot of ?? to me… Id rather play Davis or James thoughts ?

Curry is more scoring dependent than most studs. If his shot isn’t falling he will fail.

Paschall’s usage was without Curry, and D’Lo in and out of the line up all year, and more so a poorer Golden State team that was relying on guys who aren’t even rotations now to score. His role will be diminished from last year.

I think Trez sees 20-25 minutes. I don’t think it’s going to be like last season where McGee and Howard each played 15 minutes, and AD covered C some too. I think Gasol and Trez mostly split the minutes here.

Everyone seems to be leery of Durant.

Preseason game 1 – 34% USG, 24 minutes, roughly 26 fantasy points
    Preseason game 2 – 26% USG, 28 minutes, roughly 43 fantasy points

There is zero evidence from his preseason that we should be leery of anything. It’s just mental. Oh, this guy hasn’t played in a year and is expensive. OK, but all reports are he’s healthy, and been healthy for a few months. Is in shape, and looked sharp in preseason. If he played last season no one would be saying anything bad about him. We’d just be talking about how it’s a revenge spot and he’ll want to smash against GS and load up. That Kyrie will defer to him and he’ll take all the shots.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

You got wiseman for more than like 22 minutes?

Nope. I think I have him for 20, Looney for 20, and gave Chriss the other 8

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@johnnyjakes said...

Guys like Panda and Irrigator…

I know it seems like a simple answer, and maybe it is… but how do you differentiate on a 2-game slate with 995K entries?

Or, is it just a lottery ticket like every other GPP and you just have to get every piece right. Not enough players will get playable minutes to make enough varying lineups to be different.

Up top I see Curry, Kyrie, AD, Durant, PG, Kawhi, Lebron. Just pick the right 3 of the 7, and have the other 6 pieces hit? I really want to fade Curry (just to be different) but if he goes lights out and goes for 70 at 70 percent ownership, no way I can catch up.

Thoughts?

Since you’re a premium member I would suggest looking at the projections, point-per-dollar and ceiling, then looking at ownership. See how some guys are virtually the same play, but ownership is more drawn to another guy. There’s your leverage.

You obviously can’t be completely different. You just have to find little spots to be different. Like I wrote earlier, think of total ownership. You can play Curry, but balance it out by playing someone like Batum instead of Paschall.

• jonsie1734

@Njsum1 said...

@theIrrigator said…

You got wiseman for more than like 22 minutes?

I know you didn’t ask me but I highly doubt he’ll have more than that. First, Golden State has played their true 5 like that for several years and also he’s a rookie. I think his upside is a double double and maybe a block.

• emnj69

@tmarohl said...

In the event of a tie for a position that awards an entry into the WFBBC Finals in a WFBBC Qualifier or Mega Qualifier, the tied participants will play a one-day ‘playoff’ contest to determine finishing position. The playoff will be a Head-to-Head or private league contest using standard FanDuel NBA rosters and scoring rules. All other ties (whether in the WFBBC Finals or in WFBBC Qualifiers) will result in the tied participants splitting the cash value of the prizes for the tied finishing positions.

thanks figured some solution was though of

• emnj69

tonight only two games but yet at the end of the contest I will be scratching my head saying I had all of the wrong guys some how …..

• monarch

The 125k sharpshooter will be full in an hour. Wish they would have doubled that but I suppose DK felt like that would have impacted their bigger contests

• zeeshan2

I couldn’t find that promo on DK but I am on mobile. Anyone know how to get to it from there?

• Ricolasvegas

@Pandamonious said...

Curry is more scoring dependent than most studs. If his shot isn’t falling he will fail.

Paschall’s usage was without Curry, and D’Lo in and out of the line up all year, and more so a poorer Golden State team that was relying on guys who aren’t even rotations now to score. His role will be diminished from last year.

I think Trez sees 20-25 minutes. I don’t think it’s going to be like last season where McGee and Howard each played 15 minutes, and AD covered C some too. I think Gasol and Trez mostly split the minutes here.

Everyone seems to be leery of Durant.

Preseason game 1 – 34% USG, 24 minutes, roughly 26 fantasy points
    Preseason game 2 – 26% USG, 28 minutes, roughly 43 fantasy points

There is zero evidence from his preseason that we should be leery of anything. It’s just mental. Oh, this guy hasn’t played in a year and is expensive. OK, but all reports are he’s healthy, and been healthy for a few months. Is in shape, and looked sharp in preseason. If he played last season no one would be saying anything bad about him. We’d just be talking about how it’s a revenge spot and he’ll want to smash against GS and load up. That Kyrie will defer to him and he’ll take all the shots.

KD being kind of a leverage play…with all the high price guys seeming to be in good spots. Guess I feel like you just play whoever the less owned guys are gonna be then… sound logic ? Havent seen a ton of Kawhi talk ? maybe Im playing Kawhi and Durrant as my high price guys then…

• tmarohl

@zeeshan2 said...

I couldn’t find that promo on DK but I am on mobile. Anyone know how to get to it from there?

Home Page – Featured – View all promotions

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

@zeeshan2 said...

Open the app. Click on your avatar. Click view promotions. It’s the 2nd one down I think.

• Njsum1

@jonsie1734 said...

I know you didn’t ask me but I highly doubt he’ll have more than that. First, Golden State has played their true 5 like that for several years and also he’s a rookie. I think his upside is a double double and maybe a block.

Anyone can feel free to answer or respond to anything I post. If I wanted only certain people to respond I’d send them a private message. 🤔

It just seemed irrigator likes Wiseman a bunch tonight, my post was sort of saying I can’t see him getting more than 20-22 minutes. Do you know something I don’t, that is making you really like him tonight?

• realphipps

@zeeshan2 said...

As you go down the page, you’ll see promos (sliding list of boxes) about midway down home page.

Above that list of promos, there is a link to View All Promos.

Click that. You’ll be directed to a page with every DK promo. On my mobile, Big Trey Payday is the second one listed.

Click more details under that promo. Then opt in. Remember there are two promos for tonight, one for each game. Enter both, as they are free!

• maddysdaddy0914

@zeeshan2 said...

Got Kyrie, Durant, Curry, and AD in a LU on FD and I don’t hate it. Lot of good value

I am mainly focusing on the first game with the nets-GS. I am not fading the second game, just targeting more from that game

I agree. Seemed to easy to make it work.

• be47320

Anyone know roughly how many minutes to expect from paschal tonight?

• billythekidcowboysheat

FINNALLY

Nba and more importantly, Nba-dfs is back😃

Got my player pool pretty much locked in, with the exception of waiting to see whether or not wiseman starts, if looney starts, i will have little to none chriss exposure.

• Njsum1

DK made the no fun player pricing model today. Enjoying the FD build significantly more…let’s see how it plays out 😬

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #91

RG Tiered Ranking

For tomorrow but so everyone already has it in the back of there mind

Lineup note: Russell Westbrook said he won’t have a minutes limit for Wednesday.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #46

RG Tiered Ranking

I just need those captainwacky takes now for tonight and I’m ready to go.

• zeeshan2

@Pandamonious said...

Open the app. Click on your avatar. Click view promotions. It’s the 2nd one down I think.

thank you guys! Now I want to figure out if I should opt in to the first one or second one

• be47320

I’m not good at the NBA historically. My punts tonight are almost 100% paschall and kennard? Any big reason to avoid either of these 2 that I’m not aware of?

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

On DK cash, don’t see how you get away from Curry and AD. It’s easy to fit both.

Also I’m a big fan of Ibaka at $5200. It’s tough to pass on AD and Durant on FD because the pricing is so soft but on DK I am starting with Curry, AD, Ibaka and Paschall.

• tmarohl

@zeeshan2 said...

thank you guys! Now I want to figure out if I should opt in to the first one or second one

Both

• tmarohl

@be47320 said...

I’m not good at the NBA historically. My punts tonight are almost 100% paschall and kennard? Any big reason to avoid either of these 2 that I’m not aware of?

What site are you playing on? Paschall will probably be chalk on DK, not so much on FD

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Slates like this are why you play cash games. You can play the chalky guys in cash and then fade/soft fade all the highest owned players in GPP. It’s opening night, whacky things are bound to happen.

Lebron, Kawhi, PG13 will come in way lower owned then they should be. You can gain massive leverage by using these types of builds in GPPs. There’s also decent value at PF on FD with Ibaka and Paschall so you can take the value there and fit in the studs at SF.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).