7:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -3.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 3.5 ) —- T: 198.5
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -10.5 ) at Minnesota ( 10.5 ) —- T: 196.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 8.5 ) at New Orleans ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10 ) at Milwaukee ( -10 ) —- T: 194.5
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) —- T: 203
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 8.5 ) at Phoenix ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 14 ) at Golden State ( -14 ) —- T: 208
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -13 ) at LA Lakers ( 13 ) —- T: 207

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@KRD227 said...

You knew Jameer was out and Foye would be running the point before it was announced? Bravo..

Watch out bunnies!

Jameer being out was a bonus, but I knew that he was getting tired starting for mudiey so often and they just played yesterday, so foye was the fresh man in the backcourt compared to jameer and Barton

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

It’s not much compared to some of you guys but I am pretty stoked to wake up to not losing too much ground to where I was when I went to sleep. I play on average like 6 bucks 3-4 days a week but playing more this week since I’m on vacation all week. Most days I do about 15 minutes of research and throw a few lus together just have some juice for that night and something “to watch”. I’m off Thursdays so I study more but the small slates aren’t too time consuming.

I fell to 2nd in that mini shot and dropped 23rd in the dribbler along with some other smaller cashes/h2h wins including a top 100 finish in the block. All in all I had $12 in and won $152.60. I’m happy to have some extra NFL cash this week and will now play more than I planned for NBA tomorrow.

I like to sometimes play a mini shot (which I came in 2nd) than the big shots. I’m guessing 348.9 would not have gotten me $60 in the big shot??. Anyone know where I’d have finished in the big shot last night with that.

Of course, now I’m wondering what I did differently to play this lu and if I was lucky or did I play a solid lu. OT certainly helped and I didn’t expect Barea and Thad to go off but others underperformed to I feel that balanced itself out. So was I lucky or good? I welcome any opinion. Thanks.

Time to get started on Xmas day games.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14130/contests/14130-20878705/entries/353614732/scoring

• fordracingga

@youngtingly
    Nice job! Very nice ROI!

I wish I could spend 15mins on research! I’m finding DFS NBA is taking a lot more of my day than expected.
    I’ve had a rough run the last 2-3 weeks. Trying to avoid adding more $ to my acct. Played a few quarter arcade and daily $1 yesterday and doubled my $ so that was a successful night for me…live to see another day haha!
    Thought about playing Kristaps yesterday…should have! Seems like if you want to have a chance to win big you have to take a chance on someone (or two) that have done well in the past but have been off a bit and hope they have a great night. By best LU last night had 285. Not bad but not good enuf to write home about.
    Merry Christmas all.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@fordracingga said...

@youngtingly
    Nice job! Very nice ROI!

I wish I could spend 15mins on research! I’m finding DFS NBA is taking a lot more of my day than expected.
    I’ve had a rough run the last 2-3 weeks. Trying to avoid adding more $ to my acct. Playing a few quarter arcade and daily $1 yesterday and doubled my $ so that was a successful night for me…live to see another day haha!
    Merry Christmas all.

Yeah, the 15 minutes of research is on days I work if I play. No time on those days but I like to be in on the action so I take a 15 minute look and throw a few bucks in. Yesterday, I spent more time and spent here on the boards/site so I guess it paid off. I still think NBA is a little more luck than skill to to finish high in a tournament with skill being more involved to just consistently cash. I still can’t believe I finished 23rd out of 35,294. That’s crazy.

• noddy

I had my best finish ever finishing 108/20114 in the $20 entry shootaround on DK. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• fordracingga

I’ve been debating if I should keep playing NBA. Spent an hour between 6-7pm last night just watching the updates b4 lock! I should have been out in the shop turning wrenches! However, the thrill of hitting a nice win on little $ played is hard to pass up!

• noddy

I play on DK so you almost have to be able to adjust your lineup from 6-10:30pm Eastern with all the changes that happen. A lot more stressful than for example Hockey or baseball.

• BrandonSaunders

@yountingly said...

It’s not much compared to some of you guys but I am pretty stoked to wake up to not losing too much ground to where I was when I went to sleep. I play on average like 6 bucks 3-4 days a week but playing more this week since I’m on vacation all week. Most days I do about 15 minutes of research and throw a few lus together just have some juice for that night and something “to watch”. I’m off Thursdays so I study more but the small slates aren’t too time consuming.

I fell to 2nd in that mini shot and dropped 23rd in the dribbler along with some other smaller cashes/h2h wins including a top 100 finish in the block. All in all I had $12 in and won $152.60. I’m happy to have some extra NFL cash this week and will now play more than I planned for NBA tomorrow.

I like to sometimes play a mini shot (which I came in 2nd) than the big shots. I’m guessing 348.9 would not have gotten me $60 in the big shot??. Anyone know where I’d have finished in the big shot last night with that.

Of course, now I’m wondering what I did differently to play this lu and if I was lucky or did I play a solid lu. OT certainly helped and I didn’t expect Barea and Thad to go off but others underperformed to I feel that balanced itself out. So was I lucky or good? I welcome any opinion. Thanks.

Time to get started on Xmas day games.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/14130/contests/14130-20878705/entries/353614732/scoring

348.9 would have won you $100 in the Shot

• fordracingga

@noddy said...

I play on DK so you almost have to be able to adjust your lineup from 6-10:30pm Eastern with all the changes that happen. A lot more stressful than for example Hockey or baseball.

Yep, I play on DK and at a minimum the hour b/t 6-7pm seems you need to be on DFS NBA watch!

• dailyfinancialsports

Had my best night on FD, finished in 12th place in the $10k NBA Block ($2 Single Entry) with 344.9 to win $50 and came in 1st place in every single one of my 50/50s.

I only play 10% of my bankroll every night in $1 50/50s and one Single Entry GPP so winning $60 on $8 worth of entries in one night is huge. Bankroll is now at $142 (it was at $1 10 days ago and I’ve only ever deposited $25) so now I have some more to play with and hopefully I can continue my recent success.

Big shout out to this forum for being, in my opinion, the best place to discuss DFS on the internet….as long as you take everything with a grain of salt ;)

• fordracingga

@dailyfinancialsports said...

Had my best night on FD, finished in 12th place in the $10k NBA Block ($2 Single Entry) with 344.9 to win $50 and came in 1st place in every single one of my 50/50s.

I only play 10% of my bankroll every night in $1 50/50s and one Single Entry GPP so winning $60 on $8 worth of entries in one night is huge. Bankroll is now at $142 (it was at $1 10 days ago and I’ve only ever deposited $25) so now I have some more to play with and hopefully I can continue my recent success.

Big shout out to this forum for being, in my opinion, the best place to discuss DFS on the internet….as long as you take everything with a grain of salt ;)

That’s really great, nice job!
    I too had my back against the wall (not John) yesterday with $3 left in my acct and have over $7 now…woohoo haha! Will be fun to see how long I can make it last w/o depositing more $!
    Earlier in the season I was down to $30 and worked back to $120 but had a bad run the last 3 weeks….lost a bunch of H2Hs.

• mellofellowsu

@NickyBlueEyes said...

To those who picked Thad Young, why? He’s never been that high of an upside guy before this year and it’s not like the Mavs matchup was ideal, but he just keeps putting up monster games…

Thad Young’s been a beast this year. He’s as consistent as it gets. He has off games, everyone has off games. Like you said he’s never been the 50 FP type of guy before but if you tell me I can lock him in for 40 I will gladly take it. Now he seems to be asserting himself as a team leader, albeit on a bad team. It’s a young player hitting his prime.

Good players trump matchups. Gotta remember that those DvP numbers are averages, there are players that exceed those averages. Every player you roster can’t be a blue DvP matchup. Even still, Young had a blue DvP matchup.

• Capone1233

I called Foye last night in the grinders chat before the news broke that Nelson was out. Win for me.

• dailyfinancialsports

@fordracingga said...

That’s really great, nice job!
    I too had my back against the wall (not John) yesterday with $3 left in my acct and have over $7 now…woohoo haha! Will be fun to see how long I can make it last w/o depositing more $!
    Earlier in the season I was down to $30 and worked back to $120 but had a bad run the last 3 weeks….lost a bunch of H2Hs.

Thanks and good luck man! Merry Christmas

• kdub

Well i won $7 using only info from this forum ill take it… thanks everyone lol

• brannigan73

Barton still had a big game too anway. There are plenty hindsight geniuses like this. I passed on Nelson just because he wasn’t playing all that well lately even with starter minutes a guy like him to me needs to get 6x which he wasnt getting lately. To claim knowledge of his sickness is bs.

• commonMElogic

Does anyone know a good source for todays NBA Player Props?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).